Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Honestly I think with these it was a case of people jumping on the early "these are pink" bandwagon. It sort of became cool in a lot of places to hate on the color because you think it's "pink" and not OG. I think that drove away a good number of ppl that usually go with the flow and cop if they see nothing but praise. Will be funny when it's the exact same INFRARED color on the black pair but it DOESNT look pink to those same people.
mean.gif
Truth

I finally got a pair. Got lucky at footaction, a few people didnt pick theirs up so at 6:00 what they had left was for sale. Copped a pair of 10.5s.

Honestly, I dont have a complaint about the quality on these. I owned the OGs of these and a lot of others when I was in HS and this is very, very close to what I remember. The leather is a tiny bit stiff but decent quality. These things are honestly as close to the OGs as I could ask for. Trying to be fair I'd say JB actually made a pretty good quality shoe this time.

As for the color, the complaints about pink are unfounded. These are more orange in person. I took a few photos too, and for some reason pictures DEFINITELY come out looking more pink than they actually are.

Last edited:
dude wtf? I still havent gotten my Nike confirmation email, but I got the EB one in 5 minutes flat...

I adjusted the color slightly in the photo to try and get it closer to what they actually look like in person. They arent as pink as they look in most pics, definitely more orange/red. Real infrared. I love the color. It's BRIGHT as hell and really pops.

Last edited:
These sold pretty good in my area of NY.. Stopped by and called a few places to see if any in my size wasnt picked up from the raffles and only one outta the seven spots had it left.. Looks nice from a few feet away but being kinda OCD I notice a bunch quality flaws looking them over. Hope my NDC pair is cleaner. Gonna rock'em regardless, but c'mon JB.. We all knew that price increase wasnt cuz of quality but c'mon son

I adjusted the color slightly in the photo to try and get it closer to what they actually look like in person. They arent as pink as they look in most pics, definitely more orange/red. Real infrared. I love the color. It's BRIGHT as hell and really pops.
still kind of look pink in this pic. i have yet to see a pic that gets these right. cameras cant pick up the color of these for some reason

I agree, especially the middle part of the midsole, but the back of the infrared part looks close to what the color is in person. The flash hit the middle part the strongest and washed out the color.

Damn, Beastbay already shipped mine, at 2pm this afternoon.
Typically w/ Saturday drops I rarely hear from them before Tuesday.
8)

Really tempted to get the 10.5 off fnl would anyone do a swipe swap? Like if someone tried on a 10 but to small? Idc if it's not Ds anymore I just want my size

View media item 805065This variation of the color pink is called "bright crimson" and looks almost exactly like the new so called infrared..
This pic shows that the so called color "infrared" that Nike/Jordan are using as of late ,is no more than a name,not so much the actual TRUE infrared Color which originally was used on the 6s in'91. This new infrared is not really a infrared color at all ,its just a label to keep that beast train in motion. Its all marketing,and in this case a lack of accuracy in depicting the true color of the OG infrared, or even the deep infrared for that matter.
It comes down to if you like it and copped,or plan to copp thats all good, but be real about what it is, and what it is, is merely a thin veil, which attempts to deceive what infrared should really look like..

Last edited:
Lol people bashing these on this thread then going back to some a random thread gloating on their ASG cop. It's OK alot of people don't have celebrity money or can purchase every dope release. Including me

This variation of pink color is called "bright crimson" and looks almost exactly like the new so called infrared..
This pic shows that the so called color "infrared" that Nike/Jordan are using as of late ,is no more than a name,not so much the actual TRUE infrared Color which originally was used on the 6s in'91. This new infrared is not really a infrared color at all ,its just a label to keep that beast train in motion. Its all marketing,and in this case a lack of accuracy in depicting the true color of the OG infrared, or even the deep infrared for that matter.
It comes down to if you like it and copped,or plan to copp thats all good, but be real about what it is, and what it is, is merely a thin veil, whch attepts to deceive what infrared should really look like..
Sorry to ask, what Nikes are those?

my girl just looked at them (has no knowledge of jordans) and says they look neon pink. anyways who cares?they have a retro look. i like these wayy better than any of the past white "infrared"/"Varsity red" releases.

my girl just looked at them (has no knowledge of jordans) and says they look neon pink. anyways who cares?they have a retro look. i like these wayy better than any of the past white "infrared"/"Varsity red" releases.
Did she see them in person or in a photo?

View media item 805065This variation of the color pink is called "bright crimson" and looks almost exactly like the new so called infrared..
It comes down to if you like it and copped,or plan to copp thats all good, but be real about what it is, and what it is, is merely a thin veil, whch attepts to deceive what infrared should really look like..

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom