Nike Air Max 1 2009 Preview

Via Hypebeast:

Upon a recent visit to Nike's offices in eastern Canada, the following Air Max 1s were spotted. The venerable Air Max 1 is set for a return as it features a familiar OG color scheme alongside some material updates. A translucent ripstop-esque side panel can be seen as one of the main differences. Shot with a fisheye lens, the shoe's proportions are a bit distorted and not totally accurate.
141ktv8.jpg

You guys kill me. I swear it's as if you want to wear the exact same shoes when you are 80 years old. I love retros, but I'm not opposed to changing itup a little...who knows, they might stumble on a new classic. I wouldn't consider these retros, they just took an OG colorway and tried to add some newtechnology...tried to progress...I'm cool with that as long as they don't get rid of retros, which I don't think they will.

Why on earth would they apply fly-wire to the panel. Nike Design team has been taking some major L's as of late.

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

Not as bad as the Max 90 Currents but close

ehhhh....90 currents>these

the 90 currents actually look different, kind of like a total different shoe. These look close, but not close enough....not sure how much sense that made, butI know what Im talking about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by phaze1123

You guys kill me. I swear it's as if you want to wear the exact same shoes when you are 80 years old. I love retros, but I'm not opposed to changing it up a little...who knows, they might stumble on a new classic. I wouldn't consider these retros, they just took an OG colorway and tried to add some new technology...tried to progress...I'm cool with that as long as they don't get rid of retros, which I don't think they will.

I hear what you're saying. People around here do go a little far with the complaints sometimes. However, on the other hand, I kinda feel like youdon't mess with a classic.

Also, that doesn't look like flywire to me. It might be, but the flywire in the lunar racers and the hyperdunks (and currents) was incorporated in such away to be performance enhancing. The wires are supposed to be running in specific directions on the shoe to support the muscles and tendons in your feet. Thisjust looks like a plastic mesh similar to that on the Jordan IV's but with the same translucent plastic material of the Hyperdunk. It almost seems likethey tried to throw some "new" stuff on these for fashion purposes, which doesn't make any sense, as the originals clearly look better. Thesedon't look that bad or anything, just saying... I'm curious to know more about the intentions of this design.

airmax90flywireyellow.jpg

side_swoosh.jpg

lunaracer.jpg

I feel you..

The only difference is the flywire to the side panels but it gives it such a different look as if there was more done..

this is true.. they look as if they belong in a skate shop..(minus the bubble of coarse) IMO

Had the samples in hand and on foot. Therese also the varsity royal pair to release at the same time. Lightweight mesh on the toe. flywire on the sides and twocomponent midsole. If you look closely, you can see a seem below the air window on the midsole. The eva is extremely soft.

Only thing a bit strange, concept wise, is that they used all these high tech lightweight materials but come up with a thick suede for the mudguard. Bit weirdimo. Also the shape is very off. A very chunky look in the toe area.

All in all. Good idea, semi good execution.

Back
Top Bottom