Nike Air Max 3 (f/k/a "Air Garnett 3") -- Spring 2010 Colorways

I have no clue. I don't really remember them, maybe because I was never a big fan of them to begin with.

Originally Posted by size twelve

shape and bubble look horribly off, but that's to be expected.

never really was a fan of these as OGs, but i think there's too much white?

not sure if the ankle or outsole are supposed to be black..
Yup... Too much white. It's missing some black on the outsole at the toe. It ruins the flow with the black upper. Yes, it's minor, butwhat does it take to just make it the same?

7656701_d1d4458744.jpg

Very subtle, AND should have been done right. Leave it to nike to not care about the small details.

I'll be honest, I like what they did with the white around the toe area better than the OG's. I know that sounds like blasphemy, but I couldn'tfigure out why I liked the look of them in that pic of Wale wearing them with the Mets jersey, but that's what it is. I might be passing on these anyway,or I'll just cop the black/blue ones on sale or something cause there's so much stuff coming out, but this was one of my favorite kicks, especially forplaying ball.

Have you guys ever thought that maybe Nike doesn't want to make a retro exactly the same? That way people who have the OG will not feel cheated when Nikeretros a shoe they have been holding onto, kinda like rewarding those people.
Seriously, quit complaining, either get the shoes and be happy that you finally have 'em, or don't and keep quiet

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Have you guys ever thought that maybe Nike doesn't want to make a retro exactly the same? That way people who have the OG will not feel cheated when Nike retros a shoe they have been holding onto, kinda like rewarding those people.
Seriously, quit complaining, either get the shoes and be happy that you finally have 'em, or don't and keep quiet

QFT, and plus i really don't see the difference between the ogs and retroes.

I was hooping in my White/Blue pair at the park last night. I got told by someone there that I was wearing 'the greatest Nike shoe ever made'.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He also told me he's been looking for a pair for years cuz he beat all 3 colors he had back when they first released. I told him they were retroing themand he seemed pretty ecstatic about it. I expect these to sell extremely well to the general public.

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Have you guys ever thought that maybe Nike doesn't want to make a retro exactly the same? That way people who have the OG will not feel cheated when Nike retros a shoe they have been holding onto, kinda like rewarding those people.
I own the OGs in that color and I still wish Nike made the retro true to the originals. When Nike releases shoes like the Foamposite Onepractically identical to the original, I don't think they ever try to reward those people with the originals, they just mess up sometimes.

dont like the white on the toe it looks odd to me. would cop if they changed it back to black otherwise pass

There's an eBay store that is taking pre-orders for the Black/Metallic Silver/Hyper-Blue. They're stating they'll ship them out sometime betweenSeptember 25 & October 10, so I'm guessing the release date is within that time span.

Back
Top Bottom