Nike Air Max 95 Mita Prototype

Hello,

I was just wondering if somebody could help me out with a question.

My friends just paid £250 for a pair of NIKE AIR MAX 95 PROTOTYPE and he claims they will sell for more if he keeps hold of them for a few years. I am not sure and thought he might never get his money back, though i know nothing about trainers. Therefore i thought i would ask people in the know.

Therefore do you think he will ever get his money back?

They are already very rare. I think they were a Japan only release and only 200 or so in production.

He probably could get his money back right now depending on what size he has. Who knows down the line? Shoes might not be as popular in a few years, making all shoes worth less.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems a lot to pay for a pair of trainers especially when you can buy the normal OG for £68.

Yeah they were featured in a prominent shoe magazine back in 1995-6. It was a Japanese magazine called 'Boon'. They were never released until now! Combine that with the fact they were very limited quantity, you have a really pricey sneaker.

Mita related.... Always wanted a pair of these.
airmax95mitablackwhiteb.jpg

Since posting this about the above i have looked at the Mita site and they have some nice stuff. Are they just a run of the mill store?

...Where can you buy Neon 95s for 68 GBP?

IMO, the Mitas will never end up being too pricey. 95s are not "in." Most 95 heads, like myself, are either retired or disenchanted with the model because the new ones are crap and the old ones don't hold up. Most people who pay for the "hype" don't even know this shoe exists. They were also pretty easily attainable in Japan on, or shortly after release.

Hi,

Sorry i didn't reply about the £68 info. I got 3 pairs from nike uk at £68, though they don't seem available anymore. However from time to time they still appear at that price even if just for a short time. They are selling Nike Air Max 95 ( London ) QS for £115 with free delivery if your a member. I personally don't like these shoes but if you do, not a bad price.

Anyway i bought the Mita trainers off my mate for £200 because he needed the money so hopefully if i put away i might get my money back in a few years.

Cheers

You can get the neon's from foot locker Europe for £80 until Saturday Evening. They are £114 but 30% off for limited time.

Cheers

...Where can you buy Neon 95s for 68 GBP?

IMO, the Mitas will never end up being too pricey. 95s are not "in." Most 95 heads, like myself, are either retired or disenchanted with the model because the new ones are crap and the old ones don't hold up. Most people who pay for the "hype" don't even know this shoe exists. They were also pretty easily attainable in Japan on, or shortly after release.

QFT - I almost forgot I had a pair of these (the Mita pictured above from 4wrestling) had 2 at one point but traded a pair away. Like BIP above has said, the shoe itself isn't the same anymore since they did away with the larger air sole units.

I get all hyped up when I see a decent retro colourway hit the shelf but then am reminded of the smaller air sole unit, the painted midsoles that crack, flake & chip & get depressed again.

Agreed as well, the midsole graphic is best part of the shoe ... all AM95s should have/had that midsole, would have been great

Last edited:
Hi,

Finally managed to get a camera to work. These are the most recent trainers i have bought and the Mita's are the best.

I have just purchased the nike air max 95 obsidian/college blue, though i originally bought them to add to the collection i would really like to wear these. Do you think they are wearable or do you think they would fall apart?

Back
Top Bottom