Nike Air Max Tailwind 2010

Sure, I understand the concept. Seeing how dumb people are from experience at a shoe store bugs the hell out of me though.

For ME, 13 works in everything though. I haven't tried on a shoe to "ensure fit" in a while. I think people trick themselves with shoe sizing. Way too much thinking.

LIVESTRONG editions.
xl390187001.jpg

http://www.finishline.com/store/pro...ns-running-shoe/_/A-1867?productId=prod653301

Originally Posted by JinKazama

The no air pressure when paired with cushlon is super comfortable for someone who runs on roads.
Stupid question...what is the no air presssure thing?  So the bubbles don't have air...have very little air....?  I'm a zoom, lunar foam guy so I've never owned a pair of nikes with this tech
It's why the airbag on these looks different. I think it's basically not pressurized much if at all. It is usually in lower price point shoes to replace the visible air.

PICTURES DO NO JUSTICE FOR THESE. I MIGHT have to cop considering the 09 Tailwind's didn't go on sale for a good while. The Green's are just too sexy.

I was just looking on finishline and saw these, so excited now. Anyplace in nyc has them oin store?

I was just looking on finishline and saw these, so excited now. Anyplace in nyc has them oin store?

I checked them out yesterday and posted this in the AM FAM thread, thought I'd share it here too.  Maybe it'll help with the sizing questions. (and for reference, I was comparing them with the Air Max 2009, not the 2009 version of the Tailwinds).  As I'm not a big time runner, this was with casual use in mind.

I decided to take the opportunity to check out the new Tailwinds.  Thought I would share some pics:

This pic shows the color the most accurately, the electric green is very green (not neon yellow a-la-AM95s).  For comparison, next to the neon green 2009s.

Some on foot shots:

I attempted a close-up of the materials, here's the best my phone could do:

As far as comfort, they felt pretty good, rather lightweight.  I tried on some AM 2009's for comparison (I hadn't tried them on before either).  To be honest, the 2009's were definitely more comfortable, specifically in the forefoot.  The Tailwinds are comfortable, but don't have the "walking on a huge bubble" feel of the 09's.  But, they're $60 cheaper as well.  The mesh surprised me a little bit.  It was soft enough, but from the photos I had assumed it to be a little thicker/substantial.  But, if it was it would have added some additional weight.  That being said, I doubt anyone would be disappointed, just an observation. The toe cap and heel cap are glossy (which I usually dislike), but there's not so much of that material that it takes anything away from the shoe.

They seem to run a little long but narrow. I can usually wear a 10.5 or 11, tried a 10.5 on and they fit but I wouldn't want them to be any longer.  They feel narrow because the insole seemed to be rather cupped (concave up) and I don't have a wide foot at all to begin with.  Definitely try them on to get a better idea of what size you'd need.  If I had to guess, I'd say go true to size.  If you're narrower, you'd probably be fine with 0.5 size down to get a more comfortable length.  I would try them on if you could (as usual), but especially if you have a wider foot.  If you go 0.5 size up to gain the width, length might be an issue.

Thanks for the pics and breakdown up there!

I gotta say, I'm not feeling the white laces at all. I'll just swap em out for some black joints though and be good to go.

Just got these today over at finishline, they're mad comfortable, gonna rock them out tomorrow and probably cop the livestrongs next.

thanks for the pics...didn't know a livestrong pair was out...they are sweet.

Tried these on awhile ago. They definitely run true to size IMO. The fit it pretty similar to the AM09's, although the toe seems roomier.

Don't go a 1/2 size up unless you like your shoes EXTRA roomy.

these are so cheap i think im gonna buy every colorway,finishline is good because they never charge shipping and i have like $800 in reward points so thell be $80 each..that a good price these days and the shoe is SWEET!!!!

Back
Top Bottom