Nike Air Raid?

Copped for $100, dont ask me how..Waiting on the Peace Raids and that's it with Nike Raids..  ALso got the blk/grey in ds sitting in closet, had to throw these on thou cause of the Orlando Magic colors :smile:

actually quick question, while i never owned the OGs i did own the retros from 2003-2004. Is it just me or isn't the toe box supposed to be mesh and the entire heel a rugged/hard suede or whatever that material was. Because thats what I loved about my past pair of the "Duke" Air Raids from years back. The mesh toe box never creased so they stayed looking fresh even after balling in them and that rough/rugged heel wasn't easily cuffed, scraped or damaged. I was just about to coop this years Duke color way till I noticed to my surprise the toe box is durabuck/nubuck and the heel is fitted with that same cheap shiny *** leather featured on the 2011 Black Cement 3s that'll crease in the box. So I'm on the fence right now. Am I right about the material change though?

No OG Raid had a mesh toe box. They all had nubuck/durabuck toes. All mesh on OG Raid 1's was on the sides. The only difference between the OG Royals and the 2014's is the switch from durabuck to tumbled leather on the heel.

Peace,
J

No OG Raid had a mesh toe box. They all had nubuck/durabuck toes. All mesh on OG Raid 1's was on the sides. The only difference between the OG Royals and the 2014's is the switch from durabuck to tumbled leather on the heel. BTW, I somehow thought I like Durabuck type of heel over tumbled leather when I saw Peace Raid &

Peace,
J
That's what I was about to say. Have never seen the OG Raids w/ Mesh Toe. Don't know about 03 Retro, but highly doubt that there was an one w/ Mesh Toe-Box. BTW, somehow thought I prefer the Durabuck type of heel when I checked Peace Raid (uses Durabuck type) & White/Black/Red (uses Tumbled leather) at the storefront the other day tho.

No, the actual peace raids were in my local Finishline. Retail $135 but were marked down to $125. These...
nike-air-raid-urban-jungle-gym-release-date-3.jpg

"Family Release" means they will be available in mens, female and kids sizes.
I might have to check my local FL tomorrow.. they on ebay now fpr 200 lol..... thanks @BowB4Me

Lil Reese got them joints on [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]I'll have them next week[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128520[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Any word on when/if the white/royals are hitting FNL?

Last edited:
Any word on when/if the white/royals are hitting FNL?
they are everywhere, i seen them at shoe city and dtlr.. i went out today to look for the peace raids and they dont exist yet lol not in stores.. whoever said they was at FL please show a pic.

Last edited:
yea finishline is known for putting things out before they supposed to. they did that with the kamikaze 2's

im coming around on them peace raids but still wont cop.

they have an all nubuck upper?

wonder why they havent retroed the air raid 2 yet

^ U don't believe what's shown on the 2nd pic BigTy23 has posted? It shows it's $124.99 tho.

@NobleKane
I believe only the heel portion is nubuck kind of while the rests seemed like pleather.

yea finishline is known for putting things out before they supposed to. they did that with the kamikaze 2's

Yea all nubuck upper, even the back piece.

Ive been wondering the same about the Raid 2's, I mean they had to have crossed Nike's mind since they released the Peace colorway...

Yea all nubuck upper, even the back piece.

Ive been wondering the same about the Raid 2's, I mean they had to have crossed Nike's mind since they released the Peace colorway...

They've more than crossed their minds. The Para Normans were a Raid 2. Not sure why they won't just do them properly.

Peace,
J

Yall dont like the nbuck? the leather on the dukes suck on the back, should have been nbuck. the peace should have been leather judging from the pics above.

They've more than crossed their minds. The Para Normans were a Raid 2. Not sure why they won't just do them properly.

Peace,
J
Thats right, I forgot about that... They retro a classic shoe after 20 years, and make 3 pairs total smh...

Last edited:

Peace,
J
I was wondering why they never went through with those...
But anyways, the "Urban Jungle's" don't look that bad in person
http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/Anthonys_Pictures/media/7-13-14_zpsada8e1f7.jpg.html

Will cop the white/black/blue's once they go on sale. I wasn't crazy about how they changed the back to leather when I saw them in person.

The peace are better with the all nubuck upper

Upper of grey n black reminds me of my fav jordan of all time

They're tweaking in my area like they don't have em yet or can't sell em. I guess I don't feel like going out of my comfort zone to get them early locally. I might but I've been busy. They come out next week so....[emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji]

The Peace versions going to be $125 like the rest? I want these right now but they on ebay for $200 smfh

Back
Top Bottom