Nike Air Trainer 1 "Safari" Vol. OG Safari (Via: KixandtheCity.com)

I was super close to pulling the trigger on a pair of the 2001 Safari themed AT1 WH was selling on ebay, and realized today that I missed out on them
frown.gif
He even had to relist them to sell. I hope they went to a good home.

Man i love this shoes...i didn't get this colorway.
The safari print looks really good on the AT1's.

I picked up the safari Trainers today. I'll post pictures later. The quality is pretty good, not quite as good as the Trainer SC IIs, but better than the ATC II retros.

Picked these up this morning. The insoles are nuts on these and the quality of the leather is on point!

These are out already?! Way too soon, I wasn't ready. I wonder what the chance it that some pairs will sit?

I like that info hangtag, it'd be nice if NSW started doing that on releases (unless they get the info wrong)

Originally Posted by dadbath

I picked up the safari Trainers today. I'll post pictures later. The quality is pretty good, not quite as good as the Trainer SC IIs, but better than the ATC II retros.

whered you cop from?

Near as I can tell they're out in Asia and Africa already. Looks like they're coming to european shops in mid June and I still haven't found any info on a US release for these.

These released in Montreal today. From what I was told it was a QS. They retailed for $140 as well.

Thanks for the heads up, that means they should be showing up in the US at some point between now and the 15th. Gonna have to start calling around to make sure I get a pair of the Trainers.

Originally Posted by Vader
How's the sizing?  Judging by the egg-carton insole, they appear to be the same mold as the 2002, 2008, etc AT1 retros, which ran really small.  Almost a full-size small.  Was that the case for you? 
nike-air-trainer-1-safari-qs-detailed-images-9.jpg
nike-air-trainer-1-safari-qs-detailed-images-8.jpg

I wear a 12 and thats what i got. I don't think its necessary to size down. the insole on this shoe is amazing and does not limit any space inside the shoe as it hugs ur foot. I wore them for pretty much a complete day with no hassle or discomfort.

They fit true to size (11) for me as well. 

The leather strap in those initial pictures would have been nice, and a darker safari print would also be preferable, but I'm happy with these over all. 

Here's a comparison between these and the 2003 Safaris:

They came out at the Nike Store in Toronto on Saturday. I would expect them to start popping up soon at US stores which get quickstrikes.

At least it looks like the people that are buying these actually want them, I've only seen 1 pair on ebay and it's from a shop in South Africa.

Back
Top Bottom