Nike Air Trainer 1 "Safari" Vol. OG Safari (Via: KixandtheCity.com)

^^^That was a great piece on this release. Alot of insight on this release. Helps me appreciate the sneaker game in general even more. Thanks for that post bruh. 
smokin.gif

After reading that I've been trying to find pictures of some of the shoes they referenced, the Bedouin and the Vagabond, but I haven't been able to shed any light on those. Any one on here know anything about those models?

I just got my pair (1 of each) delivered, Why can't Nike do a job like this more often? I'm going to go outside and take a few pictures of the 2 shoes, and maybe do a side by side with my 2003 Safari 87.

safari0312.jpg

Here's a side by side of the 03 and 12 version of the actual Safari

this is the AT1 compared to the 03 Safari
safari03at1.jpg

I love the lighter grayer safari print. It truly brings out the orange.. Quality looks identical which is shocking.. Good job Nike

There's some minor differences in the 2012, but I'm guessing it's because I haven't broken them in yet, but the padding on the ankle feels a little stiffer right now and doesn't have that same feel when I rub my fingers on the leather. All in all I'd definitely pick these up again if I have another chance. I'm gunning for at least 1 more pair of the AT1, and may end up getting another pair of the Safaris.

Thanks for the pics mints. They look beautiful and plush. How's the sizing on the Safaris though? My only chance to cop will be online and I'll be damned if I buy the wrong size. Thx.

fits TTS, just like the previous ones did in 2003. I found the Safari Supreme from 2008 to be a little tighter than these, but now they feel perfect.

edit: they'll feel a bit stiff when you first put them on, but after about 15-20 minutes of wearing them I could tell I was going to enjoy wearing them out for a full day.

Kix Files is also charging 30 bucks over what the retail cost is here AND it's 35 to ship from China, AND they charge 10 bucks extra to double box.

Now that I know these are coming out in the US, I felt like a JA for ordering my pair from them, but it didn't hurt me as much as it would not getting a pair of these.

Originally Posted by mints

fits TTS, just like the previous ones did in 2003. I found the Safari Supreme from 2008 to be a little tighter than these, but now they feel perfect.

edit: they'll feel a bit stiff when you first put them on, but after about 15-20 minutes of wearing them I could tell I was going to enjoy wearing them out for a full day.

Thank you, sir.  I was hoping that was the case.  That leather looks pretty plush, so after the break-in period, I'm sure they'll loosen up some and fit perfectly.  

Kix Files is also charging 30 bucks over what the retail cost is here AND it's 35 to ship from China, AND they charge 10 bucks extra to double box.

Now that I know these are coming out in the US, I felt like a JA for ordering my pair from them, but it didn't hurt me as much as it would not getting a pair of these.

And actually if you're a bigger size it goes up to 45 bucks over retail...

Now I need to figure out whether I want the Air Trainer or the Safari. Going to be tough. Leaning toward the Safari though.

go for both! The insole on the Air Trainer 1 is definitely a plus in my book. it's almost got this egg crate feel to it.

edit: If you can only get 1 though, get the Safari. The Trainer isn't selling out nearly as fast as the Safari is on the UK/EU sites, so there's a small chance you'll be able to pick it up down the road where as the Safari is selling out fast.

Not Looking Like These Will Release Anywhere Near Me Out Here In Colorado
ohwell.gif

Has It Been Said Wether Nike Will Carry These Online Or Not?

The safaris...I need to find where. This is the price people sell their destroyed pair for. It's about time nike gives consumers a break.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

ohwell.gif

It's on the release list on Nike, so that's a good sign that they'll get it. It's looking like more shops will be getting these though, but it's a pretty true QS in that it wasn't on the release cycle last month and now reps are trying to get allocations filled. Keep calling around to your shops if you're looking to get a pair.

Both my pairs have arrived. THOROUGHLY impressed. These are my 3rd Safari '87s and, this pair feels so right man. Get both kicks if you guys can! You will not be disappointed!!!

So Much Sole 23 said:
ohwell.gif

It's on the release list on Nike, so that's a good sign that they'll get it. It's looking like more shops will be getting these though, but it's a pretty true QS in that it wasn't on the release cycle last month and now reps are trying to get allocations filled. Keep calling around to your shops if you're looking to get a pair.

Yea, None Of The Shops Have Them On Their Manifests As Of Now, But Hoping Nike Decides To Surprise A Few Of Them With QS Shipments..... I Know One Shop Is Scheduled To Receive The Anthracite Lunars Set To Drop So This May Be A Good Sign...... Hopes Will Remain High For Now
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Both my pairs have arrived. THOROUGHLY impressed. These are my 3rd Safari '87s and, this pair feels so right man. Get both kicks if you guys can! You will not be disappointed!!!
Can you chime in on the sizing of the Safaris?  Thanks, good sir.  

Picked up the AT1 Safari.  Nice materials.  I'm a size 10 in Air Maxes and Air Trainers.  Copped a 10 and they fit perfect.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom