Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

That green pair has a Wimbledon vibe....I will be grabbing for sure. But I wonder if they fit better because they don't have the strap. That is my only gripe about the AT3. It hurts so much I have even been holding off on buying the Air Trainer V Cruz's...

Just gotta say.. Over the years I've been quite critical of NIKEs cross trainer retros (or lack thereof in general).

Just an update on the med ball trainer 2014 retros.

I'm still on my first pair of late 14' med ball retros. Holding up like a champ. Best I have ever seen out of a retro (dating back to 2000 era).

Kudos Nike.

Theyve pretty much become daily wearers. I don't buy much anymore but this longevity is unheard of (mainly the midsole paint). The paint has one small sliver of peeling that just came up this month.

Overall, well executed. The leather midsole doesnt look too beat or in shambles. I see about 3 creases that started and that's it. I can post up some photos if anyone still cares. Why these are still sitting below retail stumps me. I guess not limited enough with a crazy story.

Last edited:
I still can't get over why, or why haven't they retroed the OG navy/white colorway?!!!!!

Mind is fuzzy but I believe that was a sample only. It never made it to retail (I believe three AT2 tecmo bowls made it to retail) but never a AT1. The photos you see online are probably from someone who picked up a sample. There's been many unreleased samples out there over the years. Most are even worse than what is actually released.

Haven't been buying much lately (what has actually released though? really.) I try to keep this up to date still.

https://sites.google.com/site/wallyhopp/nikeairtrainer

Missing two years. Anyone got any ideas of what has come out since the shiny SB shoes?

Last edited:
Mind is fuzzy but I believe that was a sample only. It never made it to retail (I believe three AT2 tecmo bowls made it to retail) but never a AT1. The photos you see online are probably from someone who picked up a sample. There's been many unreleased samples out there over the years. Most are even worse than what is actually released.

Haven't been buying much lately (what has actually released though? really.) I try to keep this up to date still.

Missing two years. Anyone got any ideas of what has come out since the shiny SB shoes?

I have purchased the following.... Ignore the ones you have listed View media item 2016173

Your page is a valuable resource so thanks for maintaining it.

Off the top of my head...

White/org/black

Graphite/white

Grey/red/white

All of the Frag joints

Jerry Rice "Brick Layer"

Redwoods that homie included in his pic

Corduroy and denim

all white and all black pairs similar to the Frags

Gold Super Bowl pair I think.

...I'll try to remember the rest and add an update here.

Last edited:
Good stuff Gotty. I have a black with white midsole pair on my list, the paid in full money, a flax "wheat" suede type of c/w among what you had mentioned. I hate getting behind but I will jump on this and the AT III soon enough.. Maybe this summer :D

It's not too many over this 2014 , 15, and 16 that I missed. I think no more than 20 pairs total.

Also along with frags was one they call the halloween, and a black/grey/white/red with green hints (which you may have mentioned). I'll get my act together and throw a preliminary list via PM and get things rollings for old times sake

Last edited:
Any tips for the pinky toe pain ? I usually wear a 12 but I get a 13 in these & they still kill my damn toe. 

Anyone else rock the Kentucky Derbys today?

Edit: Not sure why my picture isn't uploading...

Last edited:
So something odd happened to me  today and I wanted to see if anyone else ever had anything like this happen when ordering from NDC.

Posting here only because the order contained mostly Trainer 3s

A week and half ago while Nike was running their 20% off on sale items and while Ebates was doing 15% back at NDC, I placed an order. Two pairs of the black and gray Air Trainer 3 LE 815758 001,  one size 7 for my lady and one size 11.5 for myself. I also threw in a pair of Air Tech Challenge II Hot Lava 2016 318408 104.

4 days go by and I get an email saying the Tech Challenge are no longer available and have been removed from my order and I will not be charged.

OK that's fine, I was tripling up anyway, no big deal.

The next day I get an email saying my order has shipped.

I come in to the office today after taking a long weekend to find two large nike boxes by my desk.

I open the first box and it has two pairs of the Air Trainer 3 LE, one size 7 and one size 11.5.....

So what's in the other box, I don't recall buying anything else lately....

I open the second box, pull out the first pair and I find the Air Tech Challenge that NDC said was no longer available.... pull out the second pair and it is another pair of the Air Trainer 3 LE in a size 11.5!!!!!!!

WTF!!!

I log on to my account to make sure I didn't accidently order two pairs and NO, I didn't, only 1 pair on the order and the order still shows the ATC IIs as cancelled.

I check my credit card and there is only one charge, for the two pairs.

I check both boxes and neither has a receipt..

What the hell is going on?

How does this happen?

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen with NDC?

Do you think I am going to be charged for the two extra pairs?

Dont say anything to Nike, and enjoy your free shoe's. If they try to charge you, just send them back...

Back
Top Bottom