Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

clearly. why do you think they're so popular in the hood? If you're on section 8 housing you have no business buying not just one but monthly pairs of $175 shoes. And yet those are many of the very people trying to live above their means and often trying to flip pairs on the weekend to keep stunting above their means.

Many dudes wrap up their ego in their shoe collection too. It's all over social media. Insecure people paying whatever it takes to feel important.

Those are stupid people making poor life decisions. Is it really that difficult to see why this shoe is a huge draw? It's the poor man's dream shoe screaming out in bright red.

I'm from Oakland, and this is total bull ****. The majority of people in the hood are rocking shoes that are widely available and easy to get. Griffey's, Jordan 6 rings, spizikes, the wack foams, and other fugly Jordan Brand shoes etc. The number of people in the hood rocking shoes like Yeezy's, Lebron's, Jordan's etc that are more of a hassle to get is miniscule in comparison. Middle class, wealthy, and rich kids/people are the ones buying off the resale market and caused the hype of the shoe game in it's present form.
LOL you just proved my point. If you're on govt welfare and subsidized housing and you're buying any Nike shoes you're doing it wrong. It's just shoes! But my point was that you can start there and make your way on up the financial totem pole. The hustle is real, and more than poor people in the hood, a lot of it is teenagers and young adults who have never made any real investments. Never bought a car themselves, never had a place of their own let alone purchased a home. Clearly that's Nike's demographic too, the 16-24 year old single male. So you start off with a demographic that is one of the poorest to begin with, and target them with ads that directly relate to the sports they play and watch, the music they listen to, and in the case of the Yeezys, BOTH.

It was really easy and effective to create this kind of market for Nike and the intelligence of their buyer can be summed up by the amount of paid marketing they had to do for this or any of the other sell out Jordan releases this decade. $0. Nothing. That's how ignorant their target market is. So is it any wonder why they are trying to be resellers themselves after gladly giving into them? It's all part of the "culture" and nothing about it is intelligent today, regardless of your income.

West gon win this?
We desperately need a subject change. I wish one of them were wearing RO's or something so we could focus our attention elsewhere 
laugh.gif
. & I got an East comeback in the 4th

LOL you just proved my point. If you're on govt welfare and subsidized housing and you're buying any Nike shoes you're doing it wrong. It's just shoes! But my point was that you can start there and make your way on up the financial totem pole. The hustle is real, and more than poor people in the hood, a lot of it is teenagers and young adults who have never made any real investments. Never bought a car themselves, never had a place of their own let alone purchased a home. Clearly that's Nike's demographic too, the 16-24 year old single male. So you start off with a demographic that is one of the poorest to begin with, and target them with ads that directly relate to the sports they play and watch, the music they listen to, and in the case of the Yeezys, BOTH.

It was really easy and effective to create this kind of market for Nike and the intelligence of their buyer can be summed up by the amount of paid marketing they had to do for this or any of the other sell out Jordan releases this decade. $0. Nothing. That's how ignorant their target market is. So is it any wonder why they are trying to be resellers themselves after gladly giving into them? It's all part of the "culture" and nothing about it is intelligent today, regardless of your income.

I can agree with most of this but it's a whole other subject I would not want to get into in a Yeezy thread. I will say there are middle class/suburban kids and wealthy kids who buy sneakers every week. They are doing it off their parents money, yet no mention of that and calling it ignorance etc. You are specifically calling out/trying to get on hood people when the sneaker culture involves a lot of classes of many cultures. You're coming off like you are above others, and thats weak.

But 5K cash money improves anyone's life, especially someone who doesn't want to wear a robbery target on their feet.
5k isn't life changing. Any amt of money that you could easily make working a decent job in for a year isn't life changing. But that doesn't change 5k being one of the largest profits ever on a sneaker.

Last edited:
I'm not above anyone, but I'm also not blind who is on IG wheeling and dealing to keep their resale game on a weekly basis. Those surburban white kids may be buying from resellers on mommy and daddy's credit card, but the resellers have a very similar profile on social media. Always "on the hustle", thinking that making 20-50 bucks on each pair of shoes is a smart way of not only making money but funding their habit. In some cultural circles, hustling is looked upon favorably over doing real business, going to school, etc. when I look at these sneaker selling accounts and groups across social media, that's the kind of person you run into more often than not. And a lot of people paying $4k or more on these shoes are the same guys stunting with their resell game every week. If you know the weed hustle, it's not all that different, though more glamorous because it ain't illegal.

But 5K cash money improves anyone's life, especially someone who doesn't want to wear a robbery target on their feet.

5k isn't life changing. Any amt of money that you could easily make working a decent job in for a year isn't life changing. But that doesn't change 5k being one of the largest profits ever on a sneaker.
[thread="582758"] [/thread]
[thread="582758"]Lol im done with this dude. Arguing for the sake of argument. A walking hypocrite and clearly part of the problem with the sneaker culture. [/thread]
[thread="582758"]All I ask is that we scratch the resell talk from the thread please and keep it to info, pics, and the good stuff. [/thread]

[thread="582758"] [/thread]
[thread="582758"]Lol im done with this dude. Arguing for the sake of argument. A walking hypocrite and clearly part of the problem with the sneaker culture. [/thread]
[thread="582758"]All I ask is that we scratch the resell talk from the thread please and keep it to info, pics, and the good stuff. [/thread]
Cherry picking my statements but I'm not a walking hypocrite at all.

1.) I don't pay resale.
2.) I don't buy shoes on a weekly basis to resell and am not a reseller unless you're going to broadly use the term to include anyone who has ever sold a pair of shoes for more than retail (which is probably most on NT).
3.) If you are dumb enough to throw down 5K on some already overpriced $245 shoes, I will take your money. Every. Single. Time.

So from my perspective, given that I don't feed resellers and don't go out of my way to make money off each week's sneaker, I'm not the problem with sneakers today. I just was taking a dump and clicked on a link that's going to earn me 5K in this particular situation. If people didn't pay more than retail every week for GR SB's and Jordans, there wouldn't be a market that respects this shoe to the tune of 5K.

These are not restocking according to one of the managers at my nike store. He said 0% chance 
did the manager know they were dropping silently releasing on 02/09?  if not he probably isn't in the know enough to know about a restock. 

obviously nike keeps anything yeezy related a secret.. that being said, I highly doubt they restock.. maybe on the quarterly restock, but that's about ti. 

Paying resell on these aint that bad. You can wear em like 10 times and still resell them for like 75% what you paid.

Back
Top Bottom