Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

There's this guy on eBay selling RO's in my size but the dude only has a pic of the Paypal invoice from FC LA. Dude says pair should be in this week but auction ends tomorrow lol how easily Photoshopped is a Paypal invoice?

You probably don't even need photoshop. Just MS paint. lol

His name is on the invoice but I'm very hesitant to believe him. What can I ask for for proof in this situation?

P.S. Big major props to @autotech for the silky smooth, and plenty fair and reasonable transaction today.

He coulda sold for more, or even for the same to local guys he knows, but he said he figured they'd put em on FC trying to make a couple stacks off of em, and he specifically wanted them to be in the hands of someone who will wear them.

It's nice to see there's people who still think like that in this "game" these days. Very rare breed. #VeryRare

Cool story bro...

Nah but seriously that's great that this all worked out for both of yall, buyer and seller on here.

:smokin

Just an FYI, I think FC listers might be in for a surprise. My size 11 sold for 6k sometime this week even though the site is running much cheaper.View media item 821772

There goes your theory..I still think something is fishy with how they're listing the RO's because they are not hiding any other pairs like that. if you look under Jordan 10 powder blues they have up to 7 pairs listed for one size. Congrats anyways..

Great to see some NT'ers look out for each other. That's cool. Congrats Proto.

PO

Very cool! I enjoy seeing stories like this. In fact, it's the reason I originally joined this site.
Unfortunately, I still have yet to find someone willing to help in special times. Good stuff!!

Thanx guys.

The funny thing is, I was getting kinda joked on for implying this is how NT should, and used to be, a few days ago, in this thread.

A lot of people's attitude is "well nobody has hooked me up, so why should I?"... But it has to start somewhere. Paying it forward instead of always paying it back. I knew one day my good karma would come back to me for hooking up some NTers with Y1's for a reasonable price back in the day... :wink:

Now we're about to start hearing all the horror stories of people getting scammed for these (for being ignorant and greedy, a combo that spells disaster). Just know that it can happen to the best of us too sometimes, so just learn from it and keep it moving.

I tried it. But it was hiding the shoes too much. :lol:

Kinda feel bad for that dude who got scammed by the buyer, but at the same time I don't. Greed and ignorance led to that. Sell for a bit less to someone trustworthy, and it's obvious you're coming to NT for help, so you browse this thread. We all tried to warn you, over and over and over and over. :smh:

End of the day you're only really out of $245... Be thankful for that. The 5 thousand dollar come up was not meant for you...

Unless dude spent that profit money already. If so, not only is he out the $245 he originally spent but now has to come up with whatever amount he sold the pair for (assuming he spent that money already which would be worst case scenario).

Just an FYI, I think FC listers might be in for a surprise. My size 11 sold for 6k sometime this week even though the site is running much cheaper.View media item 821772

There goes your theory..I still think something is fishy with how they're listing the RO's because they are not hiding any other pairs like that. if you look under Jordan 10 powder blues they have up to 7 pairs listed for one size. Congrats anyways..
My theory was proven pretty true, seeing how I never saw any lower price pair pop up showing in stock at the LA store. So clearly my pair sold in-store. That's not to say that most people are going to get a 6K sale at FC today, but if your size is the only one there, the availability certainly can sell it for you. Also shows they're moving more pairs than the site is capturing. At this point with in-store sales you would have to imagine they've sold 20-25 in the first two weeks now.

:smh: at the paypal claim
its sucks, but there had to be at least one guy who got caught slipping. its probably way more who got scammed or in the process of getting scammed but they don't post on here.

Thanx guys.

The funny thing is, I was getting kinda joked on for implying this is how NT should, and used to be, a few days ago, in this thread.

A lot of people's attitude is "well nobody has hooked me up, so why should I?"... But it has to start somewhere. Paying it forward instead of always paying it back. I knew one day my good karma would come back to me for hooking up some NTers with Y1's for a reasonable price back in the day... :wink:

Now we're about to start hearing all the horror stories of people getting scammed for these (for being ignorant and greedy, a combo that spells disaster). Just know that it can happen to the best of us too sometimes, so just learn from it and keep it moving.

Well said!

so how can one protect themselves against a charge back? There has to be a way....

dont use paypal. consignment shop or meet up with someone you know seems to be the best way. and big time consignment shop, there was talk in here earlier of a shop that scammed some people by not telling them when their shoes sold

so how can one protect themselves against a charge back? There has to be a way....
not really. its a crapshoot. some guy with video evidence even lost a claim, some thread on nt(not sure if its this one) showed the youtube video of the whole thing. Paypal is not the way to go for a multi-thousand dollar transaction.

on completely unrelated news, :smh: at ebay. I did three transactions recently on there to raise my feedback and not one person left it yet (its not a requirement :smh: ). Had I known I would've gone the paypal route to have access to my money right away and make **** easier

dont use paypal. consignment shop or meet up with someone you know seems to be the best way. and big time consignment shop, there was talk in here earlier of a shop that scammed some people by not telling them when their shoes sold
I don't know if I would go as far as to call that a scam, but its definitely bad business on their end. FC kinda does the same thing from time to time though, and they also only send those sold emails once a week so if your **** sold Tuesday you wont find out til the next week if they sold or not.

^ I think he was talking about Rif.LA but they aren't really scamming. They are just bad professionally when it comes to contact by email or phone. They are a great store if you live locally and drop by the shop but dead if your trying to ask if your shoes sold through email or calling

Last edited:
should i try to trade my 9/10 Zens & 9/10 Plats for a pair of DS Red Octobers? or do you guys think that would be too much?

Last edited:
^ I think he was talking about Rif.LA but they aren't really scamming. They are just bad professionally when it comes to contact by email or phone. They are a great store if you live locally and drop by the shop but dead if your trying to ask if your shoes sold through email or calling
I ordered off them once, was a good experience. Never dealt with sending a shoe in because there are too many options in my city to have to resort to that.

should i try to trade my 9/10 Zens & 9/10 Plats for a pair of DS Red Octobers? or do you guys think that would be too much?
depends what you mean by 9/10, but I think its somewhat fair but a little much to give up.

Back
Top Bottom