Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

So I finally forced myself to give these bad boys a shot. Hoping that my love for the racers, trainers, and lunars would carry over to the frees. As all I had before the birth of Flyknits were the frees. Of course went to my local Niketown sf because as we all know nike does have the best return policy. Allowing you to put unlimited miles on the shoe for a period of 30 days. First impression was a lot worse then I thought it would be. Like with all my Flyknits I went a size down. No I don't wear socks and love a super snug fit. Still fit rather loose. Never truly fit securely nor did they feel all that stable. In the 2 days I kept them putting a little over 20miles in the books, nothing had changed. I wanted to like these so bad. Could not bring myself to keep them. Construction and overall design just flat out sucks. Not telling everyone here to cross these off your list just try them out before your truly stuck with them. More power to all you gents that have the means to throw down $160 plus on these and still feel ok about it.

Still fit rather loose. Never truly fit securely nor did they feel all that stable...Construction and overall design just flat out sucks.

sucks you had this experience. I don't agree that they fit loose, and I was striving for circulation when I first got them. what of the construction wasn't up to par?

Any SA sightings of these in NorCal yet, specifically the Black/Grey cw? :nerd:

Went around the city to run some errands, dropped by the Folsom SA and the Stonestown SA, both had zero flyknit anything.

You can order online in store, but I wanted to try them on and check em out before buying.

Hope that saves you a little time, Ray.

I see, if that is the case, these shoes might not be for me.

Was there any pain on the top of you feet after a few hours of wear? I usually get some pain with shoes that pushes down on the top of my feet, mostly with leather shoes though that doesn't have much stretch. These stretches but still pretty tight with the elastic material.

Quick fit pic.
2175tg.jpg

tough to hear all these tough reviews. Its hard to make something fit like a second skin...when everyone has different feet size/shapes.

I am in need of new work out shoes and these were on the short list...but guess i will wait for hyperfeels....and if they aren't what i want then back to some free 3.0s

i wore mine for 8 hours yesterday and the collar was still tight on my ankle, i'm really hoping they stretch. i didn't notice the tightness until about 6 hours in though, so maybe this is just a shoe you can't wear for hours on end.

the collar was tight the first day I wore mine. I didn't wear socks. second day they didn't feel as tight, and I still went without socks. I've found that they feel perfect with the no-show DriFit socks.

The Nike store guy suggested going half size up. I didn't believe him at first because I wear the same size Nike for all of my shoes but they fit very similarly to the TTS that I had tried on earlier and weren't too big length-wise, which is usually the issue. I may go half size up when I cop just to be safe and prevent any uncomfortable tightness that you guys are reporting.

I went half a size up too (I never go sockless) and it is still very tight when I try it on w/o socks. I think I will definitely be returning these. It can probably work for an hour or so worth of work out but for a whole day casual wear or walking, it'll definitely won't work if it doesn't loosen up.

Does anyone have info on whether or not additional colorways that are currently on Nike.com will reach runningwarehouse or roadrunnersports? I'm looking to get my hands on the black/grey gradient (as seen above) for the roadrunnersports VIP Pricing. Can't pull the trigger on $160 and also can't pull the trigger on current 3 colorways on RRS even though the price is satisfactory.

Does anyone have info on whether or not additional colorways that are currently on Nike.com will reach runningwarehouse or roadrunnersports? I'm looking to get my hands on the black/grey gradient (as seen above) for the roadrunnersports VIP Pricing. Can't pull the trigger on $160 and also can't pull the trigger on current 3 colorways on RRS even though the price is satisfactory.

Is there a sports authority by you? You can get them for 112 pre tax with the coupon floating around the flyknit threads.

Is there a sports authority by you? You can get them for 112 pre tax with the coupon floating around the flyknit threads.
I just did store locate and there is 1 an hour or so away from me. Just found the coupon which was located on page 20 of this thread. Will have to check it out for myself. It is probably a better idea to buy these in person as i've heard VERY mixed reviews on how these fit compared to other flyknits.

Those black/greys are probably going to be my only pair as it reminds me so much of the Haze Dunks from the early 2000's. I don't see any other colorways appealing to my senses thus far.

Last edited:
^yeah, the coupon is in store only. You can call in advance to see if the store has the shoe or even ask if you can just do an in store, online order via the phone so you don't have to drive so far (not sure if possible though).

Last edited:
^yeah, the coupon is in store only. You can call in advance to see if the store has the shoe or even ask if you can just do an in store, online order via the phone so you don't have to drive so far (not sure if possible though).
Once again, thanks for the help. I somehow missed the discussion on the sports authority coupon. I think I would rather prefer to go try these in person to ensure I won't have any hassles with returns later on. Even if the Sports Authority there doesn't carry these, I will just go check out other stores in the area for fall clothing and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

the collar was tight the first day I wore mine. I didn't wear socks. second day they didn't feel as tight, and I still went without socks. I've found that they feel perfect with the no-show DriFit socks.

Same here...the collar was snug but after a 2 days of wearing them they feel fine. I went TTS with flyknit socks and the fit is fine for me. I'm guessing it depends on the type of foot you have. I have narrow feet if that matters. Best bet for those that are on the fence is to try in store and and see how they fit you.

After working the system at Sports Authority, a nice guy was able to order the black/ gray with the 30% coupon with free shipping. Ending price ended up being around $115. I think these will definitely be worth that but not 160 or more. Probably going to be the lowest price available for awhile.

pic for proof
View media item 529232

I've been eyeing a Dri-Fit Knit tee on their site. I wonder if the 30% can apply to an instore order... :nerd:

So if I wait till next week my friend can get me a pair for 50% off. I haven't tried them on just seen them in person. How are they for running.

Have you checked completed auctions? Just go with whatever you're comfortable paying. I don't know that any of us can tell you what you should pay if you really want them.
Thanks man - I'm thinking $350 would be reasonable judging from how much the Paris's went for. I think the London / LDN is the BEST of the color ways. Thoughts? 

Back
Top Bottom