Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

I haven't paid much attention to this thread. Didn't really like the shoe until I saw the Rainbow colored pair on foot today. I fell in love, but I don't run at all. I need a new work shoe, so I was wondering how these are for casual wear? I am standing/walking around on a tile floor for 5-6 hours a day at work. You guys think these would be ok for that? Also anybody ever done a speckle job on the sole? If so how did it come out? Thanks for the help!!

I haven't paid much attention to this thread. Didn't really like the shoe until I saw the Rainbow colored pair on foot today. I fell in love, but I don't run at all. I need a new work shoe, so I was wondering how these are for casual wear? I am standing/walking around on a tile floor for 5-6 hours a day at work. You guys think these would be ok for that? Also anybody ever done a speckle job on the sole? If so how did it come out? Thanks for the help!!
i loved these shoes before they came out and when i had them they were probably one of the most uncomfortable shoes ive own... not because of the support but because of the tightness around the ankle area... these shoes are for a very specific foot and if it doesnt fit you, the ankle cuff will destroy you leg... i tried to work it out but it just wasnt happening for me... id suggest some roshes, they are much much better for casual wear.

Thanks for your input!! They were very tight around the ankle. Wasn't sure if they loosened up or not. I have a pair of Roshe's. Wore them for about a week at work. I didn't really like them for work. I just got a pair of the Free 5.0 & I'm gonna get some Flyknit trainers. See how they work out.

Thanks for your input!! They were very tight around the ankle. Wasn't sure if they loosened up or not. I have a pair of Roshe's. Wore them for about a week at work. I didn't really like them for work. I just got a pair of the Free 5.0 & I'm gonna get some Flyknit trainers. See how they work out.
what kind of work do you do?

The midsole/knit design looks nice. The 3 flywire lace loops look kinda weird though. I feel like there should be more.

Thanks for sharing.  Glad they adjusted the price of these.  I love the two pairs of Free Flyknits that I have, but there's no way I would have paid anywhere near $160 for them.  $139 is a decent starting price, and in my opinion MSRP for these should be right around what I paid for them, $99 to $120 range.

Javy

Last edited:
if you're not familiar with rrs, getting a VIP membership gets the fk free 3.0 to $125, plus an additional 20% with a seasonal code.

I'd like to see some more pics of the 4.0.  That looks the most promising to me and remind me a bit of the HTMs from that small pic although a bigger pic may disprove that association.

Last edited:
i think the design of the 4.0 looks better than the 3.0 this year. the 3.0 looks like argyle in comparison, and the 4.0 looks like it's just a traditional free design, but with flyknit instead of engineered mesh

Back
Top Bottom