Nike Foamposite Eggplants released again! MARCH 6TH! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I was thinking about getting these, but I keep looking at these, and the more I look at them the more I don't like them. I sort of see why dudes keep nitpicking them, because that's how I'm getting. Leaving these alone, especially for $200. Glad I have 2009's.

Honestly I think it was a dumb idea for Nike to re-release these just 1 year after the original drop. I mean, what did they think they were just gonna fly off shelves all over again? at a $200 price tag when everyone who wanted them the first time got them by now, it was more than obvious that they would sit on shelves. Add to that the reduced quality and you have guaranteed outlet fodder. Just give me the eggplant 1/2 cents and I'm good.

so it seems like this fail release has only increased the value of the 09 pairs
laugh.gif

Sucks for you dudes that got messed up pairs. Got mine flawless from my local. Foot Locker. Where I'm at in the DMV I don't see any Eggs but I still see Coppers.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Honestly I think it was a dumb idea for Nike to re-release these just 1 year after the original drop. I mean, what did they think they were just gonna fly off shelves all over again? at a $200 price tag when everyone who wanted them the first time got them by now, it was more than obvious that they would sit on shelves.
I'd hate to run the risk of sounding like a noob, but we should remember that once Nike sells their products to stores like FL, FTL, and mom and pop stores (excluding NT's etc). That product is deemed sold. Now I'm from Canada, so I'm not able to go into stores and see exact numbers of how many stores still have pairs, but unless stores start doing massive recalls, which is highly unlikely, I'm assuming Nike did pretty well with these.

Honestly I think it was a dumb idea for Nike to re-release these just 1 year after the original drop. I mean, what did they think they were just gonna fly off shelves all over again? at a $200 price tag when everyone who wanted them the first time got them by now, it was more than obvious that they would sit on shelves. Add to that the reduced quality and you have guaranteed outlet fodder. Just give me the eggplant 1/2 cents and I'm good.

what you fail to realize is that nike gets paid when store accept the order not when the shoe sells so they already made money off this release, the dumb people are the footlockers over purchased the shoes. We only got 20 as most QS go but we sold all 20 so it just depends...

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

what you fail to realize is that nike gets paid when store accept the order not when the shoe sells so they already made money off this release, the dumb people are the footlockers over purchased the shoes. We only got 20 as most QS go but we sold all 20 so it just depends...

Both of you guys are right, and I am a proud Eggplant 09 owner
pimp.gif
, and am truly disappointed in Nike for re-releasing this not even a year after..
smh.gif

These are sitting on shelves EVERYWHERE near me.. my friend just hit me up saying they might go on sale soon... plus he can use his employee discount on them, so I might scoop a 2010 pair for $140 and flip them.
smile.gif

I don't see the complaints, the blacks, black/reds and cactus ones went on sale. Why do some of you act as if Foams never sat before? It's not as if they're going to be sold for $49. They sold enough at $200 to justify releasing them again. These aren't the 2010 Jordans. They don't even have to market foam releases. Look at how many pages this topic is.

To break it down with an example....

If you release 50,000 for $200, and they sell out.
Next time you release 150,000, and sell 75-100,000 at $200 and the rest at $125 - $175.
Let's say they cost $50 to produce and ship.

You're still coming out way ahead.

It was a year and close to 1 month if i am not mistaken on the date that the 2010's were released, 09s dropped last year in February first week.
Well... i know that they did here in VA.

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

Originally Posted by realdillxxx

For all the LA heads still Looking, check out the foot locker at the Beverly Center....They hav lots of sizes available

im hoping these pairs sell, because if whateever foams the beverly center hoh and whatever other footlockers that got foams sit on the shelves most likely so cal is going to continue to get shafted on foam releases.  

if these sell well (eggplants and coppers) in the so cal stores,  theres a chance that the bev center hoh gets more then 30 pairs of the red foams while hoh harlem gets 1000 
laugh.gif
  come may.

They are selling in The Bay. But some spots still have sizes

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I don't see the complaints, the blacks, black/reds and cactus ones went on sale. Why do some of you act as if Foams never sat before? It's not as if they're going to be sold for $49. They sold enough at $200 to justify releasing them again. These aren't the 2010 Jordans. They don't even have to market foam releases. Look at how many pages this topic is.

To break it down with an example....

If you release 50,000 for $200, and they sell out.
Next time you release 150,000, and sell 75-100,000 at $200 and the rest at $125 - $175.
Let's say they cost $50 to produce and ship.

You're still coming out way ahead.

Because this is NT, where plenty of dudes think if a shoe ends up on sale its wack.
ohwell.gif

Magic - all those foams that sat didn't have a clear sole. These were clearly mass produced though so it was only right. I'll be happy to pick a pair up on the next 50.

Just found out I have the "vein" in mine SMH

Oh well, not a huge deal to me I didn't buy the shoes to stare and nitpick at them. Mine came AFTER I wore them I dno about everyone elses

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Oh well, not a huge deal to me I didn't buy the shoes to stare and nitpick at them. Mine came AFTER I wore them I dno about everyone elses
sorry to hear that.
upon wearing my 07 royals this weekend (worn a few other times also), i notice a very small vein on the right shoe in the same area as shown on eggplants.
the vein isnt noticeable at all... i just was looking at them while sitting down somewhere and noticed it.

but the vein on the 2010s seems to be bigger and more evil

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

sorry to hear that.
upon wearing my 07 royals this weekend (worn a few other times also), i notice a very small vein on the right shoe in the same area as shown on eggplants.
the vein isnt noticeable at all... i just was looking at them while sitting down somewhere and noticed it.

but the vein on the 2010s seems to be bigger and more evil
Mine actually isn't there unless I'm wearing them. When I take them off they are perfectly fine. But yeah it is in the same exact spot as where you and the others described.  

My foams came in the mail today and i wasn't home when USPS came but mom was...
tired.gif

(she detests my buying of sneakers...thinks i pay too much and have too much and all that nonsense...)

So i come home to find out that my Eggplants has been deaded by mom dukes and nowhere to be found
smh.gif

And I only got 1 question...can somebody tell me...??

smh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Anybody have any "nike club purple" that could let me know if it goes well enough with the eggplants to drop $70 on a hoody?

Originally Posted by datlovered

My foams came in the mail today and i wasn't home when USPS came but mom was...
tired.gif

(she detests my buying of sneakers...thinks i pay too much and have too much and all that nonsense...)

So i come home to find out that my Eggplants has been deaded by mom dukes and nowhere to be found
smh.gif
Sorry to hear that.  Are you under 18?  If not, then she can not open your mail. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_opening_other_peoples'_mail_a_crime
...Hope you get them and be sure to talk this over with your mom.

"Where they do that at?" is shipping a pair of kicks (presumably with the box) in a mailing envelope.
tired.gif

Sorry fellas, jumped to conclusions before i checked the package...the sneakers were in there the whole time
roll.gif
ohwell.gif

Nike Air GO LWP, I'm 19, 20 in October...my mom doesn't tend to open my brother or my mail by my pops tends to open anything, letter or package, school related...

I tell him it's wrong and against the law and shouldn't do it but, who's gonna report their mom/pops to the feds??...

Airmaxes, The package on top was from my Penny 3's, which only came in that flimsy mailing envelop...and my foams were only packaged in that USPS envelop as well....

box came a little bruised..

But the foams were good...and no crease or "vein" on either foot

just ordered this shirt for my eggs, looks aight imo. i would of got the copper tee but they didnt have my size

t9i1as.jpg

Back
Top Bottom