Nike Foamposite Pro "Spiderman"

I think the colorway is dope, although I do feel the non-solid colorways are too much. I would cop but that $250 is ******ED! Like seriously, shame on Nike. What exactly is this Premium BS they are talking about? :smh: I'll cop if they go on sale, like less than $200.

I think the $250 price tag causes alot of the undesirable foams or non basic colorways to sit and causes the on the fence crowd to pass. Not even 2.5 years ago when the pines dropped, foam ones were $200 and pros $190. I think you'd have alot of the on the fence crowd and those who like a pair like the Spider-Man's or weathermans but don't necessarily consider them a most have be much more willing to cop if they were $190 or $200 instead of $250.

I can go to quite a few shoe stores and see the last few foamposite releases sitting on the shelves still. I attribute that to silly colorways and a $250 price tag which makes these silly colorways even more undesirable.

I know opinions are like that little hole at the bottom of your back; everybody has one. I initially loved this colorway. Went away from it for a while, when I came back to it and I didn't like it that much. I was in Vegas when they released on Saturday so I went into Niketown in The Forum Shops and checked them out in person. I "kinda" liked them but didn't want to cop because I didn't want to have to carry the box etc back on the plane. I told my wife that I had no worries because when we get back to Philly I'll grab a pair.

Came online this morning when we got home and started read all the reviews of this particular colorways and thought I'd have no problem getting them local. GUESS AGAIN! I had to go to 5 different stores to find my size. Of the previous 4 stores they only had 8's, 11's and 13's. Not such an easy pickup.

I agree that not all the new multicolored ways are for everyone and in fact I did see the Safari's, Asteroids and even Weatherman and Thermal Maps still on some shelfs; although I'm not sure what sizes they had in the shoe(s).

I'd like to think that it's the price as well as the intervals at which they are dropping so many kicks now that puts people on the fence about buying a certain shoe. I know to some $250 is a lot of bread to drop this week, then drop another possibly $340 next weekend on the 6's release. It is what it is. That's my opinion from that little hole at the bottom of my back. 

I know opinions are like that little hole at the bottom of your back; everybody has one. I initially loved this colorway. Went away from it for a while, when I came back to it and I didn't like it that much. I was in Vegas when they released on Saturday so I went into Niketown in The Forum Shops and checked them out in person. I "kinda" liked them but didn't want to cop because I didn't want to have to carry the box etc back on the plane. I told my wife that I had no worries because when we get back to Philly I'll grab a pair.

Came online this morning when we got home and started read all the reviews of this particular colorways and thought I'd have no problem getting them local. GUESS AGAIN! I had to go to 5 different stores to find my size. Of the previous 4 stores they only had 8's, 11's and 13's. Not such an easy pickup.

I agree that not all the new multicolored ways are for everyone and in fact I did see the Safari's, Asteroids and even Weatherman and Thermal Maps still on some shelfs; although I'm not sure what sizes they had in the shoe(s).

I'd like to think that it's the price as well as the intervals at which they are dropping so many kicks now that puts people on the fence about buying a certain shoe. I know to some $250 is a lot of bread to drop this week, then drop another possibly $340 next weekend on the 6's release. It is what it is. That's my opinion from that little hole at the bottom of my back. 

Don't forget the ASG and the powder 10s lol. Nike want you to spend your tax money lol

I think the $250 price tag causes alot of the undesirable foams or non basic colorways to sit and causes the on the fence crowd to pass. Not even 2.5 years ago when the pines dropped, foam ones were $200 and pros $190. I think you'd have alot of the on the fence crowd and those who like a pair like the Spider-Man's or weathermans but don't necessarily consider them a most have be much more willing to cop if they were $190 or $200 instead of $250.

I can go to quite a few shoe stores and see the last few foamposite releases sitting on the shelves still. I attribute that to silly colorways and a $250 price tag which makes these silly colorways even more undesirable.
I agree with you that the 250.00 price tag and the non-basic colorways are reasons for why the current wave of Foamposites are sitting.

Honestly though it all started last year with the Fighter Jet Foam release.  Foam Ones already increased from 200.00 to 220.00 at that point, then Nike put the Premium label on the Fighter Jet foams, and bumped retail to 235.00.  People ate that shoe up.  The Camo Foam Pros came out in the summer, with a "Premium" label on them as well, and retail was bumped to 250.00.  People ate that shoe up as well.  IMO that gave Nike enough reasons to slap the "Premium" tag on subsequent Foams, put crazy prints on them, and raise the price to 250.00; they knew they would sell.  But for every successful "Premium" release (Fighter Jets, Camo, DB, Oregon), they've had some duds (Weatherman, Thermal, Safari, Asteroid).  Jury's still out on Spidermans, but I can't see these selling.

Hopefully, Nike tones down on the crazy prints in future releases, but I don't see it changing anytime soon.  

anyone see these anywhere in manhattan brooklyn or a legit online site for $200.00 or under ?

Last edited:
just got me a pair of spidermans today for $190.00 out the door local nyc store its good to haggle when shoes dont move

plus i been shopping at this store for over 20 years

Last edited:
just got me a pair of spidermans today for $190.00 out the door local nyc store its good to haggle when shoes dont move

They still have in stock? East bay just dropped the restock tweet but idk about paying $250 for any pair of kicks.

They still have in stock? East bay just dropped the restock tweet but idk about paying $250 for any pair of kicks.

you shouldn't be paying anywhere near $250 for this shoe.

eastbay removed the exclusion on the spider mans. coupons are a go.

Back
Top Bottom