NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

My fuel band broke a week ago, just got my replacement band in the mail and not only is it the WRONG color it is the WRONG size. Like c'mon Nike...really.
mean.gif
I'm so glad there's a Nike store in Dallas.  You just go in and they'll swap it on the spot with a new one if there's truly an issue.  Most of the time, people just don't know how to use it and expect an exchange. 
mean.gif

I've even seen people do it just to get different colors sigh.

The battery life on the newer ones is much better

You ain't joking about that. Had to get a second one replaced and the newest one I received haven't had to charge for a week. My old one would maybe make 3 days, max.

Sent my FB away to get replaced, took just under a month and of course - because I'm in Canada - don't get the prepaid label.  Instead, I got to hand over $20 to Canada Post to ship the contraption back to Nike Canada (I'm on Van Isle, no Nike stores).   Initially had a Large, which was big to begin with, only to be sent an XL....might as well use it as an ankle bracelet 
frown.gif
  Anyway, in the 6 or so weeks that I've had my 2nd FB, I've gotten the dreaded error codes 801, 802 and 803 no less than 20 times (I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not).  Some nights I can't even update or change my goal because of the stupid error codes.  This new gizmo/gadget is a great motivational tool...but a PITA at the same time. 

I've been wanting a fuel band for a while now . The only problem is that i don't own an iphone , i have an android device . Is it worth getting the band anyways ? I still would be able to look at my stats on my computer right ?

I've been wanting a fuel band for a while now . The only problem is that i don't own an iphone , i have an android device . Is it worth getting the band anyways ? I still would be able to look at my stats on my computer right ?

You dont even need a phone. it syncs w/ your computer on NIKE+. Just make sure to make a profile on there.

yes. it's nice to have the app and be able to check it whenever you want, but you can still check it on nikeplus.com or the nikeplus software.

yes. it's nice to have the app and be able to check it whenever you want, but you can still check it on nikeplus.com or the nikeplus software.
You dont even need a phone. it syncs w/ your computer on NIKE+. Just make sure to make a profile on there.

Appreciate the response guys . Then i will be getting a fuel band

I've also been reading that some members have had issues at some point with theirs . Can you simply exchange the defected fuel band for another free of charge ?

Last edited:
I had to call last night cause both of my FB were acting up. Ended getting another white ice sent out to me and having them to manually add lost points for my black one.

Just wondering, did everybody here pay retail for a FuelBand or this hits the outlets every now and then? Or do those ones that hit the outlets have something a bit wrong in them?

bump!

hey guys,

I just bought this and have a couple of question?

How often do i have to charge it?

Does anyone use the android app for this?

Can i shower with it on? Can i go swimming with it on?

how do you set a higher goal than 6000?

bump!

hey guys,

I just bought this and have a couple of question?

How often do i have to charge it?
Does anyone use the android app for this?
Can i shower with it on? Can i go swimming with it on?
how do you set a higher goal than 6000?

It depends on how often you check your fuel and how often you are syncing over Bluetooth. Some people say they don't have to recharge for a couple of weeks. Mine lasts about 4 days now. You can definitely shower with it on. I'm not sure about swimming but I feel like being submerged for an extended period of time wouldn't be good. As far as setting goals, I just use the iPhone app and I think you can set it higher than 6000. Can't you do that through the Android app?

thanks man! very helpful information.  How do you sync it via bluetooth, is that connecting to your phone?

Part of my battery cover is starting to pop off. It's been over a year since i bought it but you think they would still exchange it?

Back
Top Bottom