NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Do they still make the rose gold edition? thats the one i have and mine keeps acting way dumb.

it wont come on sometimes even though its charged. i keep getting the plug and two bar icons. smh

I love my Fuelband but I wear a watch already and as an Apple fan boy I think I'm retiring both for that iWatch. Already posted my Fuelband in the classifieds lol. Besides that I loved my Fuelband. Tracked my everything for the day. And the website is very good and easy to use. Great thing is when it breaks, you go nothing to worry about cause you can just head into a Niketown and swap it out

This thing is mad inaccurate

I bought a rarely used SE for next to nothing

Only thing I like is the counting if the steps. I can take off the band and wave it around real hard and it will rack up points and YES it's a SE

Does the SE track mileage and pace?
nah, thats one thing i loved about my sportsband, until it just wasnt tracking properly. 

it was weird, it would track my walking pace ( 13-18min) but if i increased my pace under 12:00 it wouldnt track anymore. 

nike sent me a new sensor but it still didnt work right. i guess i put too many miles

now i use the nike running app, doesnt bother me that i have to hold my iphone when i run like it does for others. 

Last edited:
Did anyone receive this email from Nike? I talked to a rep and they said it was sent to Nike+ members who had the first gen fuelband and are currently not using it anymore. If anyone one can assist me the code sent in the email, that would be greatly appreciated. :D

Did anyone receive this email from Nike? I talked to a rep and they said it was sent to Nike+ members who had the first gen fuelband and are currently not using it anymore.

i got it, but i still actively use my 1st generation Fuelband. i'm about to hit a 900 day streak.

i got it, but i still actively use my 1st generation Fuelband. i'm about to hit a 900 day streak.
My bad I shouldve been more specific, that was one of the reasons someone would get the email. Probably to try to get you to upgrade to the SE. Another reasons he gave from what I remember was you have to have a fuelband before which I never owned before. You must have taken real good care of your band to hit that streak, nice!! A fuelband would be nice to have as another option to stack fuel points and stay motivated than just using the Nike+ Running app.

Well its a sad day. My OG ice's button stopped working. Called Nike and they r giving me an SE replacement, but the se doesn't come in ice... I'm thankful for that, but I really liked the clear joint.

So I've had to replace my Fuel Band no less then five times and a customer service rep. told me that the battery will go bad faster if you charge the Fuel Band using a wall outlet. She recommended that to increase the battery to charge using a computer or not let it over charge using a wall out.

i ended up getting one, used it for 2 weeks. havent touched it since :lol:
speaks more about you than the actual fuelband. 
get off nt,  get up and see the world @Zyzz

nah, i was wearing it. it was just uncomfortable at times and how inaccurate it was. i could wave my hand and it would record like 10 fuel points.

im pretty active but the majority of my points were coming from shooting baskets at the gym before working out. ill shoot for 20 min and rack up 2k fuel points :rolleyes

while im lifting for about 60-70 minutes id rarely even get that many points

made no sense.

nah, i was wearing it. it was just uncomfortable at times and how inaccurate it was. i could wave my hand and it would record like 10 fuel points.

im pretty active but the majority of my points were coming from shooting baskets at the gym before working out. ill shoot for 20 min and rack up 2k fuel points
eyes.gif

while im lifting for about 60-70 minutes id rarely even get that many points

made no sense.
yeah the lack of tracking during weight lifting is annoying, but it makes sense considering how the fuelband measures activity.

the work around is to start a "Training" session, which allows you to adjust the intensity of your workout. That's what I use to give myself a ballpark of fuel for weight lifting or riding the stationary bike.

Jumped in the hot tub last night..... R.I.P.

That Microsoft band is looking pretty good though, everything I wanted the Apple Watch/next fuelband to be

1st gen was better bc brighter and the battery lasted like 2 weeks. I recently got an se replacement for my og ice. LEDs are dim and the damn thing dies every 3 days.

Just a heads up, if you have a broken fuel band under warranty they are giving a $149 voucher instead of a replacement. 

Back
Top Bottom