NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I got mine on release day, and so far, it's a really nice watch and motivational tool.  Here's my short review

The first morning I used it, I wore my Polar heart rate monitor on one wrist and the fuelband on the other, while I did P90x: Legs & Back.  The calories burnt were: Nike+ Fuelband - 284 and Polar FT7 - 584.  So I just chalked that up to me not "moving" much.

The following morning, I did Insanity: Max Cardio Conditioning.  Nike+ Fuelband - 384 and Polar FT7 - 700....the huge gap between calories burnt was kind of disheartening.  On a positive note, the band does keep me moving more throughout the day.  For instance, I'll be at my desk, look at my wrist I just go walk up and down the stairs for some Nike fuel...
laugh.gif

6789707008_07a2ec1443.jpg

6935821093_4c919421bd.jpg

6935820329_59e9f6d5ea.jpg

6789705168_ef54458d54.jpg

Do you lift weights at all? If so would you mind doing a comparison btwn the FB and your heart rate monitor?

thanks

^ It's water resistant, not waterproof. So you can get rain on it while running or take a shower with it on but you can't swim with it on.

It surprises me a lot of people think the fuelband can accurately measure steps and number calories burnt.No device in the world can measure that. Everybody
spends calories differently. Some people slower some faster. It just calculates.
But the fuelband is a great motivational tool, because its on your wrist all day and you keep checkin it, looking at the numbers always wanting to increase them.
I still want it thought mostly to use as a watch.

There's a restock tomorrow, between 5-5:15 eastern time.
Hopefully I'll be able to order mine if there's not much madness...

Thanks moneyallthetime! I'm starting to decide on either getting the Fuelband or Nike GPS watch...Decisions, decisions...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Sourkush

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

of course it's hype. but so was the ipod when it first came out 
nerd.gif

got home after work yesterday and i was still far from my goal. i workout 4-5x/week at the gym and yesterday was my day off. but i still went out and jogged around the neighborhood until i met the goal - got to see the cool little animation when it synced with the phone. doubt i'll be doing that extra jogging again anytime soon though. i don't think it captures the "fuel" being expended when you lift weights. guess i'll see today. 
im sure you have noticed the ipod evolved into the iphone , this "fuelband" i dont see it doing anything close to what apple has built , whats next a sweat band to calculate how much your caloric intake should be to help you eat better come now , sorry im not a believer in this product at all 
The iPod evolved into the iPod touch, not iPhone. The phone is another beast.

And with your logic, you make it seem like you knew that the evolution would happen. Nobody ever knows how far a brand/company can take their product lines at first. They take cues and feedback and grow. The reason you aren't a believer is because you don't have an open mind about how important digital sport is/will be. I think Nike is just getting the ball rolling and other brands/companies will follow.

There is a lot of hype behind this product. And maybe it's justified, maybe it isn't. It's literally too early to tell.

The iPod evolved into the iPod touch, but every iPhone is also an iPod.  Most people who own an iPhone have no need to also own an iPod

Originally Posted by CJ003

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I got mine on release day, and so far, it's a really nice watch and motivational tool.  Here's my short review

The first morning I used it, I wore my Polar heart rate monitor on one wrist and the fuelband on the other, while I did P90x: Legs & Back.  The calories burnt were: Nike+ Fuelband - 284 and Polar FT7 - 584.  So I just chalked that up to me not "moving" much.

The following morning, I did Insanity: Max Cardio Conditioning.  Nike+ Fuelband - 384 and Polar FT7 - 700....the huge gap between calories burnt was kind of disheartening.  On a positive note, the band does keep me moving more throughout the day.  For instance, I'll be at my desk, look at my wrist I just go walk up and down the stairs for some Nike fuel...
laugh.gif

6789707008_07a2ec1443.jpg

6935821093_4c919421bd.jpg

6935820329_59e9f6d5ea.jpg

6789705168_ef54458d54.jpg

Do you lift weights at all? If so would you mind doing a comparison btwn the FB and your heart rate monitor?

thanks

I did Insanity: Upper Body Weight Training this morning.  It's a weight training circuit exercise.  I used the Nike+ Fuelband on one wrist, and my Polar FT7 on the other.  Calories burnt when like this.  Nike+ Fuelband: 324 and Polar FT7: 703

Tomorrow morning I'm going to use it again with my Insanity cardio workout.  I'm beginning to not really care about the calories burnt because it won't ever accurately read them.  I may just return the band, and continue using my Polar, we'll see.  But the band does continue to motivate me.  Last night I did a random workout of Kenpo just to meet my fuel goal....
laugh.gif

I'm getting one tomorrow *fingers crossed* I will post how it reads my workouts.. If I am "lucky" enough to get one

Originally Posted by cutthroat

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Sourkush

im sure you have noticed the ipod evolved into the iphone , this "fuelband" i dont see it doing anything close to what apple has built , whats next a sweat band to calculate how much your caloric intake should be to help you eat better come now , sorry im not a believer in this product at all 
The iPod evolved into the iPod touch, not iPhone. The phone is another beast.

And with your logic, you make it seem like you knew that the evolution would happen. Nobody ever knows how far a brand/company can take their product lines at first. They take cues and feedback and grow. The reason you aren't a believer is because you don't have an open mind about how important digital sport is/will be. I think Nike is just getting the ball rolling and other brands/companies will follow.

There is a lot of hype behind this product. And maybe it's justified, maybe it isn't. It's literally too early to tell.

The iPod evolved into the iPod touch, but every iPhone is also an iPod.  Most people who own an iPhone have no need to also own an iPod

But...what's your point?

Originally Posted by melofan15

Just got mine and it says its unusable. Apparently there's an error with the firmware update
30t6p3b.gif

This happen to anyone else?

Happened to mine. No fix, had to send back. Still waiting on replacement

Originally Posted by barry

Originally Posted by melofan15

Just got mine and it says its unusable. Apparently there's an error with the firmware update
30t6p3b.gif

This happen to anyone else?

Happened to mine. No fix, had to send back. Still waiting on replacement
My battery didn't work, it would only turn on if the band was plugged into the USB. 
I'm also waiting for a replacement, and having second thoughts... 
eyes.gif

can anyone comment on the sizing?  I dont have a printer so I cant print the size band to find out...

Back
Top Bottom