Nike Has Officially BANNED Midnight Releases

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by DMoney82

The midnight banning helps a lot IMO. Mad dudes was gettin robbed and %!# ..... even though it can still happen in broad day but it's a lot safer.
If your going to get robbed your going to get robbed. Has to do with no security.
Don't matter what time of day it is if there is no one there to stop me then why wouldn't I rob you???

You truly can't be serious. Is this really the way the youth of today think?For shame.

here is an idea Nike..

just make plenty of the shoes..
stop that limited BS, hype, quickstrike whatever you guys are doing.. or your best one to date.. hype it up by saying limited, and only release a few online so it sells out fast. so anticipation  builds. then a few hours or days later. BOOM FSR.

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

here is an idea Nike..

just make plenty of the shoes..
stop that limited BS, hype, quickstrike whatever you guys are doing.. or your best one to date.. hype it up by saying limited, and only release a few online so it sells out fast. so anticipation  builds. then a few hours or days later. BOOM FSR.

Hell yea lol.. love when they just drop fsr on your head

Nike manufactures the products which are sold at third-party retailers like Footlocker. What power does Nike have to say that our products will no longer have midnight releases, when it's ultimately up to the third-party retailers?

i never received any type of email or notice so i highly doubt any of this is true.
Only thing nike can enforce is to make sure noone sells anything before the release dates with fines, delaying shipment, cancellation, or termination of account.

probably only for g14 or whatever it is called accounts. (which are the big block stores, dtlr, foot locker, jimmy jazz and so on)

To all the people that say make plenty, its called supply and demand which brings prices at a steady level for all products now and for the future. if they made a lot people wont even pay retail and wait til it goes on sale or something thus bringing the value of the brand/style down. EXACTLY what nike DOES NOT WANT.

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Nike manufactures the products which are sold at third-party retailers like Footlocker. What power does Nike have to say that our products will no longer have midnight releases, when it's ultimately up to the third-party retailers?
This will only affect HOH's, and mom and pops that get limited shoes. 

These store owners and managers do not want to be the example of not getting limited shoes anymore, because
of doing something simple as not doing a midnight release.

it doesn't matter what time they move it. The problem is already beyond repairable.

Case in point...SUPREME BLAZERS. released during the week, I think Wednesday. The line was wrapped around the block and popo's were there citing kids from fairfax for ditching. I guess the cool thing of it was they waited till after the kids got their shoes but KIDS will ditch school M-F for some hyped up BS.

Just make it like the good ole days...make enough to where you can still make it in the afternoon of and get your size.

You see what you kids did?!
30t6p3b.gif

Finally someone that understands the business...

OP sorry to be the one to tell you but Nike doesn't have the ability to tell its customers (footlocker etc) what to do once they receive there products...it's call SUGGESTED retail price for a reason...

Nike can ban mid night release at IT'S retail locations only.

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

OP sorry to be the one to tell you but Nike doesn't have the ability to tell its customers (footlocker etc) what to do once they receive there products...it's call SUGGESTED retail price for a reason...

how old are some of you? Nike has already taken Nike/Jordan product from Footlocker because of abusing the Release Date set forth when they order their stock.

Nike DOESN'T NEED Footlocker/Finishline/etc. No one wants to risk their bread and butter accounts with Nike.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

how old are some of you? Nike has already taken Nike/Jordan product from Footlocker because of abusing the Release Date set forth when they order their stock.

Nike DOESN'T NEED Footlocker/Finishline/etc. No one wants to risk their bread and butter accounts with Nike.

You sound straight up stupid right now...you do realize that Footlocker Inc is Nikes biggest customer right???

What you think Nike makes its billions off of you and NT heads????? Stop it...

You know how much product footlocker picks up from Nike that sits and sits...for every Yeezy there's 30 to 40 models that people could careless about...

Nike is a BUSINESS...it's BUSINESS is WHOLESALE distrubution...RETAIL only accounts for maybe 20 to 25% of there bottom line...so to your point basically your saying Nike doesn't care about 70 to 80% of its business???? Dude stop it

I agree with this.

You sound straight up stupid right now...you do realize that Footlocker Inc is Nikes biggest customer right???

What you think Nike makes its billions off of you and NT heads????? Stop it...

You know how much product footlocker picks up from Nike that sits and sits...for every Yeezy there's 30 to 40 models that people could careless about...

Nike is a BUSINESS...it's BUSINESS is WHOLESALE distrubution...RETAIL only accounts for maybe 20 to 25% of there bottom line...so to your point basically your saying Nike doesn't care about 70 to 80% of its business???? Dude stop it

roll.gif
You're so clueless. You must be <20. 

Why don't they just do a ticket system the day before, but have different time slots of ticket "give away" so that people have a chance of getting theirs. So like:
New Release dropping May 7th, a Footlocker is getting 60 pairs. So they'll be giving out 60 tickets (one for each pair).

On May 6th, Footlocker will give out 20 tickets at Noon, 20 tickets at 5pm, 20 tickets at 8pm. Or something a long those lines. 

So on May 7th, just walk in and show your ticket and boom theres your pair.

Just a thought. I realize people are still going to camp for ticket slots, but at least this way you reduce the MASSIVE crowds/lines to more controllable sizes. Also, people might say this isn't fair because if you don't have a ticket you don't get a pair. Well, the way it is now, if you're not camping at front of the line days before, you're still not getting a pair. This way, you'll know if you're getting a pair or not the day before.

dropping the midnight release is awful because people are gonna have to wait overnight now til the morning. instead before it was wait in the evening and get your shoes at midnight, and then go home and sleep

No pre-orders?  I'm too old to be lining up for a pair of shoes.  I've got better things to do with my time.  Goodbye shoe game.  It was fun while it lasted.  

So I can pre-order NBA 2K (or any other game for that matter) from GameStop to save myself the hassle, but I can't do the same for a pair of shoes?

A pre-order system would eliminate a lot of the foolery, but like a few of you already said, they want to maintain the hype without the negative publicity.

I heard that directly from the mouth of a HOH DM.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

So I can pre-order NBA 2K (or any other game for that matter) from GameStop to save myself the hassle, but I can't do the same for a pair of shoes?
grin.gif
 @ comparing shoes to a video game.

People get shot, stabbed, jumped for shoes...when was the last time you saw someone get mugged for their copy of 2K?

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

grin.gif
 @ comparing shoes to a video game.

People get shot, stabbed, jumped for shoes...when was the last time you saw someone get mugged for their copy of 2K?

that's the point he's making. no one is getting jumped because production is set to meet preorder demand and then some. that business model doesn't work for Nike though since 2k Sports puts out 3-5 new release products a year and Nike puts out 3-5 new release products a weekend.
Also OP what is your source for these "rules"? If I was Nike I sure as hell wouldn't be bossing around my customers. (by customers I mean retailers buying wholesale product, not us)

Originally Posted by beansietime

Also OP what is your source for these "rules"? If I was Nike I sure as hell wouldn't be bossing around my customers. (by customers I mean retailers buying wholesale product, not us)
The source was Nice Kicks, the rules were announced on Twitter yesterday. Followed by a few Nike reps confirming what NK revealed.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by DMoney82

The midnight banning helps a lot IMO. Mad dudes was gettin robbed and %!# ..... even though it can still happen in broad day but it's a lot safer.
If your going to get robbed your going to get robbed. Has to do with no security.
Don't matter what time of day it is if there is no one there to stop me then why wouldn't I rob you???

You truly can't be serious. Is this really the way the youth of today think?For shame.
Unfortunately yea this is the way youth think today, the only thing that stops people from robing others is if there are others around to stop them or police/security
The time of day means nothing, if no one is going to stop them then how much light is outside isn't going to determine wether you get robbed or not.

Back
Top Bottom