Nike in the news again for harsh conditions overseas.

Not only are these conditions unethical on an international level but it shows a lack of understanding of the Indonesian people. They are some of the most un-confrontational people in the world.

They feel they must avoid shame at all expense, and consequently are very careful at how they interact with others.

Although a foreigner can not be expected to understand the nuances of the concept it is crucial to keep an eye on ones behaviour.
One should never ridicule, shout at or offend anyone. Imperfections should always be hidden and addresses privately. Similarly blame should never be aimed at any individual/group publicly. One manifestation of the concept of face/shame is that Indonesians communite quite indirectly, i.e. they would never wish to cause anyone shame by giving them a negative answer so would phrase it a way where you would be expected to realise what they truly want to say. Bahasa Indonesian actually has 12 ways of saying "No" and several other ways of saying "Yes" when the actual meaning is "No."

http://www.buddhistravel....ex.php?id=92,403,0,0,1,0

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

*puts on Nike Flightposite III Battlegrounds*

Seriously, just because the factories are used by Nike and other brands doesn't mean that they are aware of everything going on there. Its easy to point the finger at them.
You sound like a bright fellow.

Seriously, just because the factories are used by Nike and other brands doesn't mean that they are aware of everything going on there. Its easy to point the finger at them.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I honestly don't care how my products are produced. As long as they look good.
Empathy is one of the defining features of human nature and distinguishes us from animals.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I honestly don't care how my products are produced. As long as they look good.
Empathy is one of the defining features of human nature and distinguishes us from animals.

Gif of 6:24-6:25 please.

On a more serious note I can't believe Knight shot that video of the people of Flint's plea that quickly. It's crazy to think there are many more CEO individuals like him. You have reached a point where your money duplicates itself, what danger or financial con is there that outweigh giving people jobs in you home country? Greed is strong huh?

Supr

Gif of 6:24-6:25 please.

On a more serious note I can't believe Knight shot that video of the people of Flint's plea that quickly. It's crazy to think there are many more CEO individuals like him. You have reached a point where your money duplicates itself, what danger or financial con is there that outweigh giving people jobs in you home country? Greed is strong huh?

Supr

Think about the mentality of a person who's willing to buy $125 shoes, $40 shorts, or $25 T's over and over again. That is Nike's bread and butter.
People who will do that either don't give a @$@$ or aren't the brightest bulbs. Either way, Nike wins.
Nike's labor cost per shoe is about $3.50.  The consumer is paying Nike so that it can bombard him with advertisements and for their great "R&D".
laugh.gif

People used to pay for quality and utility. 

This is the age of the ****** consumer though. 

Think about the mentality of a person who's willing to buy $125 shoes, $40 shorts, or $25 T's over and over again. That is Nike's bread and butter.
People who will do that either don't give a @$@$ or aren't the brightest bulbs. Either way, Nike wins.
Nike's labor cost per shoe is about $3.50.  The consumer is paying Nike so that it can bombard him with advertisements and for their great "R&D".
laugh.gif

People used to pay for quality and utility. 

This is the age of the ****** consumer though. 

Wow that is disgusting.Its a pity i sure wish he would open factory's in america so we truly get quality footwear.

Wow that is disgusting.Its a pity i sure wish he would open factory's in america so we truly get quality footwear.

Basically: Nike is an "elite" company. They work with NASA. Their money making strategies advance the separation of economical classes.

Basically: Nike is an "elite" company. They work with NASA. Their money making strategies advance the separation of economical classes.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Right because I give a damn about what people think about me on an Internet forum.

*@!# off.

Would you pay $200 for a white on white Air Force 1? I sure as hell don't because after paying workers liveable wages who may or may not be part of a union 
eyes.gif
you have to recoup the costs somehow and as we are seeing across the board with Jordan retros and the upcoming Air Foamposite Max, they are going to hit you in the pocket hard.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Right because I give a damn about what people think about me on an Internet forum.

*@!# off.

Would you pay $200 for a white on white Air Force 1? I sure as hell don't because after paying workers liveable wages who may or may not be part of a union 
eyes.gif
you have to recoup the costs somehow and as we are seeing across the board with Jordan retros and the upcoming Air Foamposite Max, they are going to hit you in the pocket hard.

Back
Top Bottom