Nike KD 17

What has stopped me from buying a lot of the new sneakers is colorways that I don't like. I just don't get why we don't get some simple and clean designs anymore. Why does everything need to be Skittles tropical fruit colorways. smh

Is there a specific signature model where the simple and clean colorways weren’t there? Not trying to be difficult just can’t think of any sig model that doesn’t have basic colorways (ex. white and black release).

JS”

What has stopped me from buying a lot of the new sneakers is colorways that I don't like. I just don't get why we don't get some simple and clean designs anymore. Why does everything need to be Skittles tropical fruit colorways. smh

This is where making NBY cheaper and more accessible would be awesome for those who want wild colorways...

Is there a specific signature model where the simple and clean colorways weren’t there? Not trying to be difficult just can’t think of any sig model that doesn’t have basic colorways (ex. white and black release).

JS”
Many examples, but Lebron XX and XXI come to mind. I don't want black upper with white midsole and red/gold swoosh. Why can't I just get a triple black or all black with a gold, silver, black, or white swoosh? An all white or all white with a black swoosh? They got close but always threw in something... some other color or weirdness to mess it up for me. I'm not saying they are ugly or wack, I'm just saying I have simpler taste usually and they should at least make some simple colorways for people like me.

This with a black midsole would have been nice.
01-NIKE-F34KBNIK5-NIKDJ5422003-Black.jpg

Red/gold swoosh is unnecessary and messed this up for me.
th-11134207-7r98t-lqxa7mhm78hpd3

Red sole plus red stitching, red/gold swoosh, and silver trim ruined these for me.

Nike-Lebron-20-Miami-Heat-Product.jpg

Is there any news on these? We are little over an week from an supposed release date, and all we have is a few leaks and one dude's pictures of them on feet.

Is there any news on these? We are little over an week from an supposed release date, and all we have is a few leaks and one dude's pictures of them on feet.

Well the official pics are on the last page so I do think they will release. Nike seems to have scaled back the promo stuff they do, since the youtubers and leakers and sites like sneakernews and sneakerbardetroit do 90% of the work. We get the pics, sometimes get the specs, find the release dates, the colorway names and release dates, the prices, the sites they're releasing on, everything.

So I think Nike figured out with some shoes and sigs that they don't need to do the work, we'll do it for them. It also gives them flexibility to move things and change things and instead of getting mad at Nike for changes, we just think the early release info was 'bad'.

So I'm expecting these to come out next week. Only thing that is interesting to me is that KD hasn't started playing in them in NBA games. But that's not that uncommon either.

Not a fan of Bink's joints. Not a fan of the KD 17. I wonder why he picked those colors.

Do they have Monsta on the other sneaker?

Cool what KD is doing. I wonder what the "hip hop historian" Lebron thinks of this :rolleyes

Wonder if he's going to play in these on Saturday vs the Wolves. I hope not. I always felt like that messes up the flow, at least if you're in a groove.

Hope the Sunsets get a release date. The pennys aren't doing much for me. Also this narrowness is probably gonna be an issue

1713365667812.png

I really like the silhouette and shape of the shoe, but I could have done without the exposed rib cage. Would have looked cleaner hidden inside the upper, IMO. It’s not offensive, though. Still a good looking shoe.

These are very well done. Obvious huge am plus comparison can be made. This is the type of silhouette that will work well with an abundance of colorways. (Petrie, take notes). I'm a lebron guy and I'm getting burned out with the design direction. The 20s and 21s are nice but the "low top slap a Swoosh on the side" look. Isn't hitting. It's just not fun like it should be. This is more like it

Back
Top Bottom