Nike Kobe A.D. NikeiD Thread - OUT: AD low IN: AD Mid ($180)

Heat up on the @GoDucks IG Story.....

Edit: didn't realize this was the ID thread.

Last edited:
Says iD so I'm going with what bdrake823 bdrake823 posted. Should've been released with the rest of the collection but Nike has done questionable things with the Kobe line so I'm not surprised by it if they are an iD option

Shared this in the main AD thread, but thought I'd share it with you guys as well:

First night playing in my AD iDs. Here are some brief thoughts.

Traction: Even with a clear outsole, traction was great on a mildly dusty court. You can definitely notice the different grip strengths of the front section vs the heel area due to the two different traction patterns. The front is definitely a lot better than the rear, so I wish they used the front "nub" pattern throughout the entire out sole. I am on my toes mostly so despite the differences, I didn't have any issues with traction. Wiped maybe every 10 plays on a mildly dusty court. 

Cushion: Was great for me. No real complaints. No pain in my knees, back, or balls of my feet. No arch soreness either. I found the lunarlon to be soft. Didn't feel the zoom unit as much though. I can definitely notice the zoom unit on the kobe 11 elite, but not on this model. Despite that, was still very satisfied with the cushioning. 

Materials: I hated this shoe on my first try on and was hesitant to even play in these. The top tongue portion is made of a very hard material with fake leather paint over it. It does not bend easily and so it keeps digging into your shins. Very painful to just walk in. I don't recommend playing in these without crew socks or you'll get chafed. Once I started playing though, it broke in after the first game and I didn't notice it anymore. I found the mesh to be soft and didn't require a lot of break in time. A lot of youtube reviewers said the materials were hard and stiff and hurting their feet from everywhere (Nightwing), but I only had the small issue with the tongue, which went away. 

Fit: Go TTS. It is a little long, but not enough to go down half a size. I had about 4/5ths of a thumbs width of space between my toes and the end of the shoe. Width wise, these were very slightly narrow. I have wide feet and got pins and needles in my right shoe because I laced the fore foot too tight. It went away after relacing. Compared to the kobe 11 flyknit, I would say these are a smidge wider. Just barely. On the kobe 11 elite, I always get a pinky blister, but did not have any issues with these tonight. Wore the same socks in both too. Heel lock down was great as expected in a kobe signature. No heel slip whatsoever. Containment was also adequate. No dead space above my toes, which I like. 

Overall: Loved playing in these tonight. Definitely more than the 11s. Love the aesthetics too. Only had one issue that may be a deal breaker for me and that is the tiny out rigger. It definitely rolls under the shoe a bit on hard cuts. I've seen Schwollo complain about this too and it is definitely noticeable. Wish they made the out rigger beefier to avoid this problem. I was initially concerned about heel strike and transition because of the heel counter being on the bottom of the shoe. Was pleasantly surprised with the transition and did not find the shoe to be clunky. 

Anyways, hope this first impression helped any of you on the fence. I know this shoe got a lot of bad reviews and some really good reviews. This was just my experience with them. Will not be playing in my 11s anymore. 

Nice. Peeps are sleeping on these... if they were called "12"s or if Kobe was playing! Everybody would be copping... I prefer these over my 11s too

Nice. Peeps are sleeping on these... if they were called "12"s or if Kobe was playing! Everybody would be copping... I prefer these over my 11s too

They were never meant to be the 12s. They're a take down version of the line.

That's why Nike is still supporting the 11 (releasing new NikeID options for it)

That's what the mamba mentalitys are buddy! NBA players wouldn't be wearing take down models! Still selling 11s bc that was kobes last shoe to play in... Nikes going to leave those up forever

disappointed in Nike! They killed it last year w/ the all star id options! Unless they release ITs green kicks via id

I picked em up but they arent customizable... Kind of strange that they would release on NikeID. Nike hasnt released many decent colorways of this model so this was a no-brainer for me.

I picked em up but they arent customizable... Kind of strange that they would release on NikeID. Nike hasnt released many decent colorways of this model so this was a no-brainer for me.
​I'm confused by that as well. I'm still really up in the air. I think retail is what is killing me. I know its GR retail but I don't know. Ill probably skip and regret lol

Looks like a cloth material on from of shoe! I hoop in my ADs so these would get destroyed

​I'm confused by that as well. I'm still really up in the air. I think retail is what is killing me. I know its GR retail but I don't know. Ill probably skip and regret lol
Yeah I had that 20 off 100 Nike emailed out so they came out to 151

Back
Top Bottom