Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2012 - Olympics CWs Hitting Stores! iD Now Available!

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by DEpast

These are coming to NIKE ID on the 29th as well ...
eek.gif
........ dont play.
I'm serious bruh. I think it's only the + version though. Would be $250 ..

Hard to believe that iDs would be the + version. That's gonna cost close to $300 after tax. Bad move by Nike if it is.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by DEpast

These are coming to NIKE ID on the 29th as well ...
eek.gif
........ dont play.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
is right..OKC thunder colorway if true..but I hope it's the regular version and not the Nike+

Originally Posted by thapointguy

That's crazy. I'll stick to one + model(leaning towards USA) and one GR.
Same here..USA colorway and the Black/Blue GR Nike+ colorway

Man if the ID is just + I'll gladly pass but I have a feeling they will eventually have the regular version too. Can't wait to get the wht/green this weekend and the regular USA on the 14th

eek.gif
  Man......................Why'd they have to be the + though??? 

Here's my review.  As a disclaimer, I can be pretty tough on my sneaker reviews/Also comparisons are related to the hyperdunk 2012

I Played 4-5 games tonight/All Volt/gorge green is the colorway I have

Cushioning:  Out the box the cushioning is crazy.  I've never had a Lunar pair of shoes, so adjusting to a different cushioning setup/feel may take some getting used to.  Its a much softer "cushiony" type sneaker.  If I recall, I read somewhere before that there was concern of the lunar foam "bottoming out".  I could potentially see this happening but honestly I don't know just yet.  Its a very smooth ride, no doubt about it.  Its Running cutting jumping is just "cushiony".  Only way I can put it right now.  I rate it  8.5/10.  Reason I dont give it a 10/10 is I like the responsiveness of zoom air and I'm accustomed to it.  The more I play in these, the more I'll become accustomed to that type of cushioning and the rating may change. 

Support:  Thank you for listening.  I thought the 2011 were terrible for ankle support.  I rolled my ankle too many times in those.  These are something special.  Its a very lockdown secure feel.  From the bottom of the heel all the way to the top of my ankle I was locked in.  I truly believe this type of flywire helps the medial sides as well.  I was very impressed and very happy with that.  This area is probably the highest priority for me.  And the 2012 didnt disappoint! 10/10

Fit:  Here is where I'm not so sure.  It fits a bit smaller than the 2011......I think.  Reason I say this, I typically wear 2 (double) elite socks when I play.  I couldnt fit 2 in this sneaker comfortably.  Here's where the issue may lie.  I wore the 2-layer elites (brand new pair) and they are a tad bulkier than the originals.  So I'm thinking this may be part of the problem.  That being said I've worn regular elites under my 2 layers before and they fit fine in my 2011.  Maybe because I havent broken the sneaker in just yet.  My big toes are a bit sore and I attribute that to wearing only one pair of socks.  They also seem to be a bit roomier in the toe area than the 2011.  Possibly a bit wider.  8.5/10

Style:  Love the big swoosh.  Had a bunch of people looking, asking, commenting, etc on the kicks.  Def a head turner.  Got a bit dirty but cleaned very well 10/10
Grip:  No complaints here.  Thought they were very solid.

Overall this is a huge improvement in the areas I personally wanted a change in especially the ankle support.  If your a hooper, I'd recommend investing in a pair.  Biggest "issue" could be adjusting to the lunar cushioning and not being able to rock 2 socks at the time, Otherswise my rating for the sneaker is A+ 9/10

If you guys have any other questions let me know. 

JS"

andfattoo, when it comes to Nike Basketball, I know my stuff bruh haha.

Now Jordan? Nah fam ...

Originally Posted by Jersey Sauce

eek.gif
  Man......................Why'd they have to be the + though??? 

Here's my review.  As a disclaimer, I can be pretty tough on my sneaker reviews/Also comparisons are related to the hyperdunk 2012

I Played 4-5 games tonight/All Volt/gorge green is the colorway I have

Cushioning:  Out the box the cushioning is crazy.  I've never had a Lunar pair of shoes, so adjusting to a different cushioning setup/feel may take some getting used to.  Its a much softer "cushiony" type sneaker.  If I recall, I read somewhere before that there was concern of the lunar foam "bottoming out".  I could potentially see this happening but honestly I don't know just yet.  Its a very smooth ride, no doubt about it.  Its Running cutting jumping is just "cushiony".  Only way I can put it right now.  I rate it  8.5/10.  Reason I dont give it a 10/10 is I like the responsiveness of zoom air and I'm accustomed to it.  The more I play in these, the more I'll become accustomed to that type of cushioning and the rating may change. 

Support:  Thank you for listening.  I thought the 2011 were terrible for ankle support.  I rolled my ankle too many times in those.  These are something special.  Its a very lockdown secure feel.  From the bottom of the heel all the way to the top of my ankle I was locked in.  I truly believe this type of flywire helps the medial sides as well.  I was very impressed and very happy with that.  This area is probably the highest priority for me.  And the 2012 didnt disappoint! 10/10

Fit:  Here is where I'm not so sure.  It fits a bit smaller than the 2011......I think.  Reason I say this, I typically wear 2 (double) elite socks when I play.  I couldnt fit 2 in this sneaker comfortably.  Here's where the issue may lie.  I wore the 2-layer elites (brand new pair) and they are a tad bulkier than the originals.  So I'm thinking this may be part of the problem.  That being said I've worn regular elites under my 2 layers before and they fit fine in my 2011.  Maybe because I havent broken the sneaker in just yet.  My big toes are a bit sore and I attribute that to wearing only one pair of socks.  They also seem to be a bit roomier in the toe area than the 2011.  Possibly a bit wider.  8.5/10

Style:  Love the big swoosh.  Had a bunch of people looking, asking, commenting, etc on the kicks.  Def a head turner.  Got a bit dirty but cleaned very well 10/10
Grip:  No complaints here.  Thought they were very solid.

Overall this is a huge improvement in the areas I personally wanted a change in especially the ankle support.  If your a hooper, I'd recommend investing in a pair.  Biggest "issue" could be adjusting to the lunar cushioning and not being able to rock 2 socks at the time, Otherswise my rating for the sneaker is A+ 9/10

If you guys have any other questions let me know. 

JS"
thanks for the review...I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the +'s when they release

I'm clueless.

So when they say generic model, do they mean there isn't space inside the shoe for the + setup just in case you decide to get it separately later on?

i would like to know the options they are going to have for the ID's........... translucent soles maybe???

There should be a warranty on these kicks
smile.gif
. How much weight can they hold without something breaking.

Originally Posted by b23curry

There should be a warranty on these kicks
smile.gif
. How much weight can they hold without something breaking.
HA. A majority of Americans would be getting their money back if that were the case, so no...No warranty.

Back
Top Bottom