NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Been following NT for a while, decided to join to today!

I currently own the OG volt, camo, royal blue and blacks.  It seems to have been understated how much nicer the mesh is on the newer models.  Its truly a night and day difference as far as durability.  I wore the blacks on 15.5 and just warming up and getting on and off the rower a few times I started to get some fraying.  I wore the camos yesterday on a 10 round metcon with getting on and off the rower 10 times plus warm ups and theres no sign at all I used them.  The new mesh looks nicer, feels nicer and is just obviously a step up in durability.  The new mesh is on the camo and royal blue.  Old mesh on OG Volt and Blacks.

I like the all blacks the best, does anyone know if the all blacks they are releasing now have the new mesh?  Id like to get a pair of the all blacks with the new mesh.  Id be willing to trade Royal Blues (brand new) for a pair of the all blacks with new mesh (if they exist) in size 9.

Also for a sizing reference, I wear a 9.5 in Nano 2 and 9.5 in most Nikes and 9 in both Nano 3 and 4.  The 9.5 in metcon felt slightly loose so I exchanged for a size 9, and while a little snug initially these shoes do have a break in period and they do loosen up.

In the past week Ive worn Nike Metcon, Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V5, Free Trainer 5.0 V6 and Nano 3.  If rope climbs are not in the metcon, I really like the V6 Trainers.  Rope climbs cancel out free trainer completely as the rope will chew them up and spit them out.

Last edited:
Picked up the daring reds on NDC just on impulse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, just looked at the status of my order with FNL for the Game Royals and it has been CANCELLED. Reasoning for cancellation is because of insufficient inventory they said. Get it together FNL
that sucks, just checked mine and it shipped fine. will be delivered tomorrow

Do the Game Royals fit the same as the Reds?

To be honest I only have one pair, being the Reds, which fit true to size in my opinion.

Do the Game Royals fit the same as the Reds?

To be honest I only have one pair, being the Reds, which fit true to size in my opinion.

should be receiving my game royals tomorrow or thursday.

I'll comment on sizing then if someone hasnt already done so :smokin

I'll have my game royals on Thursday and will post my thoughts on sizing if someone else doesn't by then.  I also have the blacks and the camos for comparison. 

:wow: damn fam! :lol:

this is my third, and I think I'm good for a bit

yea trying to double up on the OG volts :lol:

anyone have info on a size 9.5 of OG volts please let me know.

I'll more than likely return the daring red or game royal once i get the game royal and decide which one i like least :smh: told you man lol it was game over for me once Nike dropped this line

I was doing so well staying away from buying shoes :rofl:

Im 7 pairs deep right now, got all the colors that have been released. Good thing my wife is kinda ok with my shoe obsession. 

Im 7 pairs deep right now, got all the colors that have been released. Good thing my wife is kinda ok with my shoe obsession. 
i think my wife is only kinda ok with my metcons because I use them to work out in. Only got 4 but she always hated when I had multiple cw of a particular shoe. I know she hated my 50-60 pairs dunks back then and all my others with multiples

Word is Rogue will be restocking the black/grey and blue lagoons with their next shipment and will also receive some of the newer color ways in about a week. Question now is...Game Royals or Blue Lagoons??

Think I'm good for right now with the Camos and Orange/Lagoon. Interested in seeing the differences between the first and second wave pairs.

I'm leaning Game Royals since they have the "new" mesh. We'll see if those Grey Gums start growing on me...

View media item 1493208View media item 1493213
OK here's my review based on these pictures. I had the reds too but I hated to color so I sent then back

1. Mesh, blacks and ogs have the old mesh . The old mesh looks better and feels better but is not as durable. The blues and the camos are running the new mesh. It's more like a burlap, so hopefully will be much more durable
2. Style. I love the blues, they look sharp, then the ogs, then the blacks then the camos.

3. fit..camos have the best fit, blues 2nd ogs 3rd and then the blacks , when I had the reds, they had an obvious larger fit

4. Durability , the metcon is an overall very durable shoe , old mesh or new

5. SummarY. I've worn them for a few workouts , lifting, running jumping etc and I've worn them walking all over nyc, get whatever you can because it's a great shoe and once you get used to the lower cut heal and the arch support , you'll be looking to dump your reeboks etc

Downside, availability, low heal, not perfect toebox , varied fits based on color and I've seem some pictures of defects and imperfections

Overall shoe gets a 8.5 out of 10
minus 1 for the heal and design flaws , .5 for the fit issues and limited availability

Now just get me my grey gums and the gunmetal purps

Last edited:
oh yeah and I would like to thank momentum running in texas, that store in Tennessee Nike town in sf, finish line ndc and sports authority , and not to forget everyone on this thread for helping me through this crossfit sneaker head journey to the moon

Back
Top Bottom