NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I called NDC ans spoke with CS. They said they had not info or dates for this colorway dropping in the US at this time. 

Yea as of now it's not going to be on NDC. Also both mikeD and fresh mentioned that they have not seen that color way before if i'm not mistaken. Since both of them are in the retail industry they would have had seen those months in advance to place orders for them.

It's possible that they are an overseas exclusive color way

Are
there's no way that a shoe with "Banned" in the name wasn't gonna get hyped up
Are these really called "Banned". If so that's awesome. I'm telling you, just have Fraser wear and Nike pay the fine, just like they did for Jordan.

Last edited:
Are these really called "Banned". If so that's awesome. I'm telling you, just have Fraser wear and Nike pay the fine, just like they did for Jordan.
I don't think Nike would mind paying a fine. I don't think crossfit will allow athletes to compete if they wear something other than reebok. I think

Last edited:
I don't think Nike would mind paying a fine. I don't think crossfit will allow athletes to compete if they wear something other than reebok. I think

You're spot on. At regionals, athletes can wear whatever shoes and gear they want, doesn't matter the brand. At the games, all athletes have to wear reebok and if it's not they put tape or black out the logo. That was mainly for belts and knee sleeves since Reebok doesn't make those.

smh i already see the "sneakerhead" questions are being asked.

i dont think it would matter anyways.

theres not athlete "above the sport" except froning
If Fraser does win this year that'll be an interesting dynamic considering he's a Nike athlete. Smart move by Nike sponsoring him when they did.

Frasier won't win. Froning will probably win just by watching the competition on tv from home. That's just dominant he is.

If I had to guess, Scott Panchik can make it interesting. Also, Noah Ohlsen is looking good.

If I had to guess, Scott Panchik can make it interesting. Also, Noah Ohlsen is looking good.

I want Fraser to win, but if it's not him I'm rooting for Bailey.

I saw a post on IG from someone who works for Nike replying to a comment asking if the "banned" metcon will be hard to cop, his reply was that there should be plenty (user timday087). I'll take this with a grain of salt, especially with all the hype these are getting. Hopefully this means it'll be at least a little easier to cop Fisher's exclusive.

I want Fraser to win, but if it's not him I'm rooting for Bailey.

I saw a post on IG from someone who works for Nike replying to a comment asking if the "banned" metcon will be hard to cop, his reply was that there should be plenty (user timday087). I'll take this with a grain of salt, especially with all the hype these are getting. Hopefully this means it'll be at least a little easier to cop Fisher's exclusive.
there is a 2 item max on the banned so i think if you want them and know how to get them it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm thinking it's these two on the podium with Fraser.  A lot of people are calling for Bailey, but I just dont see it.  He's an absolute beast but has always under-performed at the Games.  

I think the top spot for the girls is gonna be a lot tighter this year.

It's gonna be tough for anyone to beat Fraser...  At the East Coast Championships he was literally slowing himself down and looking at everyone else (including Noah Olsen) just pacing himself to just be first and not smoke himself.  On top of being probably the strongest technical lifter in the Games this year, the fact that he finished the regionals chipper 2 minutes under the cap while most people could not finish it at all, should show you he's not to be ****** with this year...

Fraser winning this year just sets up the ultimate showdown for crossfit next year when Froning decides to compete as an individual again. Nike vs Reebok.  Ive always been a bit of a skeptic about a few things in crossfit, roids and games programming tailored to accomodate certain athletes.  I just wonder with Fraser being sponsored by Nike, if there will be an attempt to design the workouts to work against his strengths.  Or if the Fraser vs Froning showdown in 2016 is worth the Reebok Crossfit Games being won by a Nike athlete.

I like all this talk about the dudes but is anyone with me that thinks Brooke Wells is gonna kill it?

Anyone?

Any..

..one?

Back
Top Bottom