NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

It was stated long ago that the 2's were just going to have minor upgrades, and the new design will come with the 3's.

Not going to get caught up in the semantics, looking forward to adding colorways.

what brick and mortars sell the womens colors in-store?
Ive seen them at Sports Authority, Sports Chalet, and maybe footlocker or ladies footlocker, I know my local foot locker has the men's colors but haven't looked for women's.  I know SA has them as I have seen them in my local store. Some ***** sporting goods might also have them being that they sell them on there site. 

Hope you can locate a pair. 

Got my Metcon 2s today, not a completley new shoe but there are differensens. No need to remake a great shoe![emoji]128516[/emoji][/quote]
I dont mind minimal changes. Its a common thing in technical running shoes to make gradual changes, not wholesale, because athletes want consistancy in equipment. I think that concept works here as well. Tweaks just to improve upon the previous model. Color blocking i can agree with because that doesnt really change technical aspects or performance of the shoe but we havent seen them all yet so maybe there is some of that yet to come. I'm more upset that the heel tab is gone! That better mean they have fixed heel slip issues as a trade off.

+1 on the heel tab.. It's a nacessity.. I'll wait to hear the reviews and if there's a good color combo I'll snag a pair.. For now, I'm really hoping on the metcon 1 Nike id to come out around the same time as the metcon 2 release..

:wow: didn't even notice the heel tab was gone! why would the do that? they expect us to untie our shoes every time to put them on :smh:

It was more of a joke, but I definitely don't untie them every time. Sometimes at the end of the day they just need to come off without me bending over :lol:

I'm just curious because when I workout especially doing HIITs, my shoes has to be tied down securely, as in it isn't going anywhere unless you untie my shoes or chop off my foot. :lol:

Just got my Metcon2's. Here are some pic of some of the updates. 

New upper sock liner and heel cord piece/ material.  After wearing them around the house it feels like this helps with the heal slippage problem the 1's had. 

Inner pannel has ribbed pieces which should help with grip during rope climbs.

Outer toe box material upgraded and feels like its coated almost like the nano 5.0 to help with durability, mesh is the same update the 1's got. 

And plastic heal piece with updated foam on the heel.  It does not have the ribs like the 1's sole. The plastic does stick out more than expected. 

On feet shoes feel good, they feel a little more secure which is due to the update heel material. Looking forward to working out int them. 

Thanks for the feedback. I hope they did improve the heel. That's the one thing IMO that is way behind the Nanos. Even after working out in them I still feel like the heel is too shallow and may give out.

my biggest gripe with the ones by far is the laces not stayin tied.

nothing messes up your time on a metcon with running like stoping to tie your shoes :smh:

So heel slippage is a common issue with the 1s? I thought it was just me or my pair.

How do you become a tester? Srs

Think I'm jumping on the "Hunters" and calling it a day with the 1's.

Never had heel slippage issues and I went TTS. I also double knot my shoes. Laces stay secure.

Last edited:
so heres an update on the fit of the 2's after wearing them today casually.

-Heel slippage issue seems to be solved with the updated heel and sock liner.  I wore them completely un-tied today too.

-Overal fit seem to run slightly smaller than the 1's. for me my big toe could feel the end of the shoe when walking, which didn't happen in the 1's, but this could be break in issue.  Some people may have to go half size up or normal size in what they typically wear in a nike.  Toe box did not feel wider which some people have mentioned. 

These are really the only two things i noticed besides the cosmetic updates.  Once i work out in them i will post more.

Back
Top Bottom