NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I wonder what color her shoes will be. I know she has the grey and gum colored ones, but so does josh bridges, so I think they might be a different color. I also saw josh bridges in a all black metcon that are pretty nice View media item 1455952

Any ideas of cleaning the mesh on the metcons? used the jason markk brush and it started to fray a little bit so i stopped and shaved the extra fraying with a clipper.

How'd everyone do in 15.4? I've made two attempts and can't wrap up the round of 12 HSPU for the life of me. I was considering a third attempt tomorrow, but my neck is killing me!

How'd everyone do in 15.4? I've made two attempts and can't wrap up the round of 12 HSPU for the life of me. I was considering a third attempt tomorrow, but my neck is killing me!
I got 92 reps, pretty happy with it so ill keep it. Last few Hspu didn't slow myself down and my neck is feeling it today!

92 is a great score! The cleans were also about 90% of my 1rm, so I can't be too upset. My kip is also terrible so the vast majority of the HSPUs were strict. That's what kills me in this one.

Now, back to the shoes....anyone heard rumblings of a release date on the grey/gum yet?

92 is great man! I got a 44, but like poster above me said, that's a heavy lift for me (I weigh 145 lol).

Is it a cross fit shoe?? Because I read cross training, which are honestly two different things

And Nike has always made cross training shoes, as a matter of fact their other options are probably all around better than this model

Nike can't use the word Crossfit but yea it is made for that but they would be great for just lifting/cross training in general

Is it a cross fit shoe?? Because I read cross training, which are honestly two different things
Crossfit and cross-training are fairly similar IMO, why do you feel they are that much different?  

As far as Metcons go as a shoe, it's Nike's attempt at entering the Crossfit shoe market.  IMO you can use it for "cross-training" because that's similar to "Crossfit."

And Nike has always made cross training shoes, as a matter of fact their other options are probably all around better than this model

Pretty sure it's a crossfit shoe but Nike can't label it that for copyright purposes.

Just curious, what exactly are you looking for in a cross trainer? I don't do cross fit, but I like these for lifting and moderate cardio and some pickup ball games after my workouts.

Do the insoles of the metcons bother you guys/gals? does it feel too cushioned to do the WODs? 

I haven't found the cushioning to be an issue. They're definitely more comfortable than nanos, but I don't think the cushioning is too much.

WAY better than NANOS... I found it takes about a week of wearing them (break in) to maximize what the shoe does best.

Last edited:
Looks like ***** sporting goods finally received some metcons. a few sizes left in black/grey CW online.

i just want a pair of these damn shoes! I feel like im always a day late and a dollar short when I see the notifications as to when a new colorway is dropped or a shipment is being delivered. I guess I cold call a store a see if they have the black/grey but I want some that POP!! end rant!

Back
Top Bottom