NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

They are great for normal wear.  Since the metcon came out it is the only shoe I wear. They are my daily shoes as well as training shoes.  I have 37 (30 1's) and (7 2's, which one is ID)  pairs which include some doubles which I only wear to work or only workout in. I know I have a problem.

Goddamn. They are amazing to work out in, I wont workout in anything else but idk, never wore them casually. All I wear are Flyknits and Ultraboost and the comfort on those trumps anything imo. Maybe I dont have a dope color to wear casually. :lol:

1) I'm a sneaker head
2) It's literally the only shoe I wear unless its a special occasion. I do wear all of them too, I rotate them out daily. 

Man idk how you do it.. I got to 7 pair of Metcons and found myself wearing the same 2-3 pair.. Now I just have the 3 pair of Metcon 1's I rotate equally, the Blue Monday Metcon 2's and 2 pair I custom ID'd... Typically once I get to about 6-7 pair I start feeling the heat (from myself) to shed a pair or two..

I have 9 pairs of 1's, haven't worn my Invictus, Banned or Hunter pairs. In terms of frequency:

1. OG Volts
2. Grey/Red "Frasers"
3. Dove Grey
4. Red/White
5. Red/White/Blue
6. Royal/Volt (second pair, went .5 size down. fit snug)

I have 9 pairs of 1's, haven't worn my Invictus, Banned or Hunter pairs. In terms of frequency:

1. OG Volts
2. Grey/Red "Frasers"
3. Dove Grey
4. Red/White
5. Red/White/Blue
6. Royal/Volt (second pair, went .5 size down. fit snug)

For me the order is as follows:

1. OG Volt
1a. OG Black/Grey
3. Banned
4. Dove Grey
5. OG Camo AMP
6. EU Grey/Orange
7. Invictus
8. Grey/Purple

The bottom three have only been worn a couple of times each. 2s have already started working their way into the rotation as well.

Man idk how you do it.. I got to 7 pair of Metcons and found myself wearing the same 2-3 pair.. Now I just have the 3 pair of Metcon 1's I rotate equally, the Blue Monday Metcon 2's and 2 pair I custom ID'd... Typically once I get to about 6-7 pair I start feeling the heat (from myself) to shed a pair or two..
I have sold a pair here and there, but I do try and wear all of them, when I find myself not wearing them I let them go. 

I have sold a pair here and there, but I do try and wear all of them, when I find myself not wearing them I let them go. 

I feel you.. There's only one pair I let go that I regretted.. The OG Volts.. Got too excited with the new stuff and didn't appreciate them.. [emoji]128513[/emoji] Grass isn't always greener.. Lol

Which is why I'm seriously considering ID'ing my next pair in honor of them..

Looks like the release date for the other CW has been pushed back. Eastbay and Finishline no longer shows them on their launch calendars. 

If your talking about the wolf grey/black/gold, then I don't think they are set for release on NDC.  I can't quote that though (although, it was mentioned on here a while back).  I know FNL is still showing a release for the cw on 2/1.  And RoadRunner still has 10,10.5,11 in that cw.  

Thanks for the RRS heads up. When the deal first popped up there was no 10.5. Jumped on it this time.
I kind of feel I should jump on it as well.  My blue mondays are 10.5 and are reeeeaaally snug.  I have an 11 coming today and wanted to feel those out before I decide on the the black/golds.  

I got the Blue Mondays in today. Eh. They're not a must have. Going to return them--bought the grey/black/gold from RRS for $100 shipped to Cali. Should have it tomorrow.  saved $50. And code C6X1Y080 brings it a bit lower.

I got the Blue Mondays in today. Eh. They're not a must have. Going to return them--bought the grey/black/gold from RRS for $100 shipped to Cali. Should have it tomorrow.  saved $50. And code C6X1Y080 brings it a bit lower.
I've been on the fence with the Blue Mondays... still haven't pulled the trigger.  What was it about them that they weren't worth keeping?

I have 5 pairs of 1s.

1. Grey/Volt

2. Lava Red

3. Black/White AMP

4. Orange/Camo

5. Banned

And just went with these ID since I've always wanted the Green/Camo 1s...

I am a sucker for the camo+volt lol

Will be a total of 6 pairs... my wife already thinks I am crazy haha.

Originally Posted by honey **** 

I've been on the fence with the Blue Mondays... still haven't pulled the trigger.  What was it about them that they weren't worth keeping?
Nothing special that it necessitated a $50 premium over RRS.  I'm not in love with the color (navy or obsidian would have been better than the purplish royal). Would rather have the black/grey/gold for cheaper.

Last edited:

Nothing special that it necessitated a $50 premium over RRS.  I'm not in love with the color (navy or obsidian would have been better than the purplish royal). Would rather have the black/grey/gold for cheaper.
True yea.. I don't think I could pull the colorway off myself, which is why I am reluctant.. I actually want to wear all my Metcons :smile:

The black/grey/gold is definitely a wearable colorway for me... I might hold out for the black ones!

Pulled the trigger @ $92 a pair.  Got a 10.5 and 11 in the Silver/Black/Gold.  Didn't want to miss out on that pricing.  

Check your local finishline as the one in Topanga Mall, CA have all the women's color and men's red and all black/volt heel tab. So sad they didnt have my size 9 in all black/volt color

Check your local finishline as the one in Topanga Mall, CA have all the women's color and men's red and all black/volt heel tab. So sad they didnt have my size 9 in all black/volt color

I was just at that mall. I knew I should've checked. I knew they had reds. Thanks for the heads up. Was it on the shelf?

Back
Top Bottom