NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

If/when they put the metcon up on nike iD I'll be making some banned metcons (with a custom X on the back) since they aren't allowed to be worn at the games

nobody steal my idea
nerd.gif
hmmm..... 

Anyone try these on 3-5K jogs? What's the cushioning tech on them anyways?
They are definitely an upgrade if your comparing running in nanos, but they still are no running shoe.  Im a pretty big guy and I can run in them without my feet /back killing me,  running in nanos and new balance minimus always crushed me if I ran more than a mile.  This is just my experience though, I'm sure others have had different experiences. 

before my WOD I warmed up w 2 miles.

i hate cardio, i hate running.

and these were great for me.

BB guy who incorporates crossfit by the way

I've ran a bunch of times in my metcons, usually 3-7 miles without any issues. I can't run a mile in my nanos before my feet and ankles felt like blowing up. I use to run full marathons and was very particular about my running shoes. Always had to be a certain model of asics, but the metcons have proven to me they can be a decent runner. Still wouldn't run over 7 miles in them. Good luck!

I placed an order online on FNL.com and called a moment ago to check status and the confirmation doesn't work. Talked to the cs and she mentioned there is a system error. anyone here has the same problem I did?

Reebok is giving regional athletes nanos and lifters at check in.... They may be pulling a Games during regionals and locking it down. We shall see tomorrow morning!

I wouldn't run more than a mile at a time in them, but they are definitely better than Nanos as others have said.

If/when they put the metcon up on nike iD I'll be making some banned metcons (with a custom X on the back) since they aren't allowed to be worn at the games

nobody steal my idea
nerd.gif
Imagine Metcons with Elephant print?

Reebok is giving regional athletes nanos and lifters at check in.... They may be pulling a Games during regionals and locking it down. We shall see tomorrow morning!

You are allowed to wear nike at regionals this year per Alec Smith

You are allowed to wear nike at regionals this year per Alec Smith
good to hear. looked at the rulebook and they do leave themselves the option to restrict it if they wanted to...i highlighted it in red. 

2. GENERAL RULES a. To participate in any stage of the CrossFit Games, every Athlete (whether competing individually or as part of a team) must agree to any and all Rules and Policies, including, without limitation, the Assumption of Risk, Publicity Release and Drug-Testing Policy, all of which are incorporated herein by reference, and to the decisions of CrossFit Inc., which are final and binding in all respects. b. All Athletes are required to complete and abide by the appropriate waivers and documentation as outlined by CrossFit Inc. or the local event, have paid and be validly registered for entry, complete an online and/or onsite check-in process, and must be wearing official event identification and/or credentials where specified. c. All Athletes agree to compete in a sportsmanlike manner. i. Unsportsmanlike behavior, such as arguing with an official or representative of CrossFit Inc., taunting, heckling, fighting or any conduct which would bring disrepute upon CrossFit, the competition, other competitors, or spectators or event sponsors, as determined by CrossFit Inc., in the eyes of the viewing public or the CrossFit community, may be grounds for penalty, suspension, disqualification, removal from the event, disqualification from future events or legal action. ii. Any action that prevents another Athlete from having a fair opportunity to compete (e.g., abuse or alteration of equipment, refusal to follow instruction) or that interferes with Athlete and Event Judge communication (e.g. external noise devices, bull horns, air horns, etc.), or is generally disruptive to the event, is not allowed. iii. Athletes will be held accountable for the behavior of their coaches, teammates, team managers, supporters and guests. If the conduct of any member of such group or groups is deemed by CrossFit Inc., to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive to the competition, then the coach, teammate, supporter, guest, and/or Athlete is subject to the same disciplinary actions as stated in Section 2.c.i. iv. This is not an exhaustive list and is meant as a guide for the Athlete, coaches and other attendees. This is not intended as a limitation on CrossFit Inc.’s rights to operate the CrossFit Games in any manner it sees fit. CrossFit Inc., reserves the right to terminate any Athlete, coach, staff, volunteer, Judge, visitor, guest, supporter, teammate and/or spectator participating in, attending or viewing any sponsored, sanctioned or supported CrossFit Event at any time, with no further obligation or duty to such individual. v. CrossFit Inc., has, and may, delegate to an onsite director, the absolute authority on any final ruling including, without limitation, disqualification of an Athlete, removal of spectator(s) or dismissal of any attendee. vi. Athletes must comply with CrossFit’s uniform requirements and only official competition apparel, or apparel or items expressly pre-approved by CrossFit Inc. shall be permitted. Athletes shall not wear, use or display any apparel, equipment, accessories, symbols, art, graphics or other items not expressly approved in advance by CrossFit Inc., including, without limitation, headwear, apparel, tape, sunglasses, water bottles, stickers, logos and body or head tattoos, or art (temporary or permanent).

I have 3 pairs hehe

But literally lol at the guy buying a second pair of the volt white and grey pair because the retailer stocked them later hoping they had new mesh, stating he would return them if they didn't. 5 minutes on this thread would have allowed him to discover that color way has been discontinued and any new sizes were just stuck in back order, so good job wasting everyone's time, including his own lmao u mad?????

Regionals underway, I see tons of MetCons. Uniform requirements are actually pretty standard.

The only reason pro athletes can wear any shoes is due to endorsements since its part of the CBA. i know in college football if you play for a nike school you can't wear anything else.

Most i've logged in a pair of metcons was no more than 3 miles.

cushioning is better compared to the nanos

but I'll stick to my runners for cardio

Last edited:
Most i've logged in a pair of metcons was no more than 3 miles.

cushioning is better compared to the nanos

but I'll stick to my runners for cardio

I haven't tried running over a mile strait in the Metcons. Every time there was a workout with over a mile I used my running shoes.

I ran 1.5 miles total in a WOD earlier this week in the Metcons and felt much more support than the Nanos. I usually wear Nano sprints for the run heavy WODs. 

Since Metcons are everywhere today at regionals.... i thought i would give you an update on what we have left... and as always, FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.finishline.com/store/shop/_/N-/Ntt-metcons

GUM

8.5, 13

Black

8-12, 13, 15

Grey/VOLT

13, 15

ORANGE

Blue/Volt

10.5, 12

Purple

8, 8.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 12, 13

-Fresh 
Thanks for the update, Fresh.  I spoke with CS yesterday to make sure there were no 11.0 Grey/Gums.  I'm on the hunt for some.  I check it regularly for returned inventory updates.  

Back
Top Bottom