NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

QUESTION to the homies that went custom on their metcons (specifically blacking out the volt on the camo) did you use an acetone to prep? did you use a specific leather acrylic paint? did you use a finisher or waterproofer? airbrush or paintbrush? how long did it take? how many coats did you do? have you seen any paint cracks? @mwong49ers  @rafsjays  

Last edited:
QUESTION to the homies that went custom on their metcons (specifically blacking out the volt on the camo) did you use an acetone to prep? did you use a specific leather acrylic paint? did you use a finisher or waterproofer? airbrush or paintbrush? how long did it take? how many coats did you do? have you seen any paint cracks? @mwong49ers
 @rafsjays

I used a leather deglazer to clean/prep (acetone will work). Used matte black angelus paint http://angelusdirect.com/products/angelus-flat-black-paint and no finisher because it'll add shine to the finish. just used a regular ole acrylic paint brush from michales.

took about 3 coats to get a good finish. so fat its held up really well. I've done several wods no chipping or cracks so far

Any ideas on what to use to get the Invictus logo off the side of the invictus metcons?  Would acetone work for that?

Yes, the first few workouts I tie my metcons extremely tight at the top, helps control the slippage. After a few workouts it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom