NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Rogue has several colors up - metcon 2's (and by up I mean in stock ready to rock)

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the release date for the triple blacks?  Thought someone mentioned Jan. 30, but I don't see them on the FNL or NDC release calendar.

Can anyone confirm the release date for the triple blacks?  Thought someone mentioned Jan. 30, but I don't see them on the FNL or NDC release calendar.
1/30 at FNL although some stores released them early. I got a pair, but returned it. Wasn't that nice in person.

1/30 at FNL although some stores released them early. I got a pair, but returned it. Wasn't that nice in person.
Thanks for the info.  Truth be told, I'm not crazy about any of the initial Metcon 2 colorways.  Might just have to create a pair on ID.

Thanks for the info.  Truth be told, I'm not crazy about any of the initial Metcon 2 colorways.  Might just have to create a pair on ID.
Agreed.  I've been wearing the Blue Monday, but I am not sold.  I really want to make the OG Volt on the 2, but it's hard to justify.  Especially when the quality of iDs is worse.

got my 10.5 red metcon 2s today and they are a touch too snug (metcon 1s fit perfect in 10.5).  Anyone that has 1s that fit like a glove i would go a half size up in the 2s.

Last edited:

Could you elaborate on the quality issues with the IDs?
Glue stains, etc.  Just not as well made as the GR (which isn't saying much).  It could also be the model, too.  I got a few Kobe Xi iDs done and they were terrible.  But in general, the quality leaves much to be desired. 

Glue stains, etc.  Just not as well made as the GR (which isn't saying much).  It could also be the model, too.  I got a few Kobe Xi iDs done and they were terrible.  But in general, the quality leaves much to be desired. 
Thanks for the info about ID, kind of makes me second guess dropping $170 on them...

Agreed.  I've been wearing the Blue Monday, but I am not sold.  I really want to make the OG Volt on the 2, but it's hard to justify.  Especially when the quality of iDs is worse.

Are you talking about Metcon 2 iD's or iD's in general?

I've done a few AM's on Nike ID. No issues on my end and quality is far beyond the GR's. Then again, last pair I got was about 4-5 years ago. Don't know if quality has declined since.

Wolf grey drop, it's going to be an expensive Friday since I just pulled the trigger on some iD's

Are you talking about Metcon 2 iD's or iD's in general?

I've done a few AM's on Nike ID. No issues on my end and quality is far beyond the GR's. Then again, last pair I got was about 4-5 years ago. Don't know if quality has declined since.

Wolf grey drop, it's going to be an expensive Friday since I just pulled the trigger on some iD's
In general.  I've got about 5 iDs over the last few years and each was inferior to the GR.  But you may as well order the iDs because it is risk-free.  Just return if it doesn't work out.

In general.  I've got about 5 iDs over the last few years and each was inferior to the GR.  But you may as well order the iDs because it is risk-free.  Just return if it doesn't work out.
Why would iDs be risk-free? I thought you can't return them unless there is a warranty issue. The GR you have 30 days to return, but I didn't think that was the case for iDs. Correct?

You can return iD's like regular shoes.

Wolf Greys and iD's are in the bag, I'm set for a couple of months, when I pull the trigger on my second pair of iD's.

None of the other GR colorways appeal to me.

Last edited:

Why would iDs be risk-free? I thought you can't return them unless there is a warranty issue. The GR you have 30 days to return, but I didn't think that was the case for iDs. Correct?
Nope.  iDs can be returned at any time during the first 30 days, even if worn.  Only "risk" is having a charge on your credit card for 6 weeks.

Well, definitely learn something new each day. Thanks for letting me know that you could return iDs shoes within 30 days.

Much appreciated! 

Hey friends - what's generally the best way to clean the white soles on Metcons? I have two pairs with white bottoms and one with gum bottom. While I've found that they are very stain and dirt resistant I am looking for insight. I was thinking magic eraser but would love some inputs. Also interested in general cleaning tips for the rest of the shoe, in particular the mesh. My wolf grey 1s are looking a little dingy. 

Thanks.

My Blue Mondays and Wolf Grey's both arrived yesterday. Decided to go with the Blue Mondays for today's WOD and loved them. I wish all of the 2s came with the 3m laces.

Also noticed that my ID order now says shipped...can't wait to have those in hand.

I think I'm done for now, but if RRS drops the all blacks for $100 it'll be tough to say no.

Hey friends - what's generally the best way to clean the white soles on Metcons? I have two pairs with white bottoms and one with gum bottom. While I've found that they are very stain and dirt resistant I am looking for insight. I was thinking magic eraser but would love some inputs. Also interested in general cleaning tips for the rest of the shoe, in particular the mesh. My wolf grey 1s are looking a little dingy. 

Thanks.
I use simple green and it seems to get the job done really well. Spray the soles, then wipe down with a rag.

Back
Top Bottom