NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

So quick question, getting ready to hit a 9 month deployment. Have been told there is a CF gym on post there but it is outside. Really like the blue Monday's but with the white sole probably not such a good choice & do not have faith the triple blacks will drop before I leave, they might but I just do not know. Found a pair of Greys with the gold swoosh local & really liked the look of them & fit. What do you guys think I should go with, really want the triple blacks just because they are all black but those Greys are local & at a good price. Let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So quick question, getting ready to hit a 9 month deployment to Jordan. Have been told there is a CF gym on post there but it is outside. Really like the blue Monday's but with the white sole probably not such a good choice & do not have faith the triple blacks will drop before I leave, they might but I just do not know. Found a pair of Greys with the gold swoosh local & really liked the look of them & fit. What do you guys think I should go with, really want the triple blacks just because they are all black but those Greys are local & at a good price. Let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance.
I personally would get the triple blacks. It seems like there's where your gut is leaning towards. The Grey/Gold pair looks great too but has the White heel and the greyish upper may look real dirty if you workout outside. I'm the type that would go with the pair I truly like so I won't regret it. Also, triple black fits with just about everything. Depending when you leave, if it drops tomorrow, you may still be able to get your pair by mid to late this week. Hope this helps. Thanks for serving! 

So the Crimson and Blues are really orange and blue? Seems like they've been trying to sell them as red.

Also any word on when the Homer Simpson's are dropping?

I personally would get the triple blacks. It seems like there's where your gut is leaning towards. The Grey/Gold pair looks great too but has the White heel and the greyish upper may look real dirty if you workout outside. I'm the type that would go with the pair I truly like so I won't regret it. Also, triple black fits with just about everything. Depending when you leave, if it drops tomorrow, you may still be able to get your pair by mid to late this week. Hope this helps. Thanks for serving! 

Thanks brother, hoping the triple blacks drop this week!!

moparguy moparguy I'd hedge my bets, pick up the greys as a back up and hope the blacks drop in time. If they do, return the greys.

Thanks for doing what you do, much respect! Keep us posted on how its going out there

moparguy moparguy I'd hedge my bets, pick up the greys as a back up and hope the blacks drop in time. If they do, return the greys.

Thanks for doing what you do, much respect! Keep us posted on how its going out there

Thanks brother, I'll hold out a few days & if no triple blacks. I'll go scoop the Greys. Thanks again!!

So the Crimson and Blues are really orange and blue? Seems like they've been trying to sell them as red.

Also any word on when the Homer Simpson's are dropping?

yes the crimson and blue is really the ones that look orange and blue. the official color according to nike is Total Crimson / Racer Blue / Black / White

I mentioned in the past about nike and their color schemes. :lol:

So quick question, getting ready to hit a 9 month deployment to Jordan. Have been told there is a CF gym on post there but it is outside. Really like the blue Monday's but with the white sole probably not such a good choice & do not have faith the triple blacks will drop before I leave, they might but I just do not know. Found a pair of Greys with the gold swoosh local & really liked the look of them & fit. What do you guys think I should go with, really want the triple blacks just because they are all black but those Greys are local & at a good price. Let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance.

first, thanks for serving.

Good chance, triple blacks will hit one of the big retailers that others have probably stated. I'd hold out till maybe the end of the week and if they don't drop pick up the grey/gold

OPSEC much 
laugh.gif

good luck out there man..

Last edited:
Just a heads up, Eastbay has a bunch of colors dropping today (10am EST) and they also have a 20% off $99 purchase code going for "today only". Dont know if itll work on the Metcon 2s until they go live, just wanted to give everyone a heads up to get a possible discount.

Just a heads up, Eastbay has a bunch of colors dropping today (10am EST) and they also have a 20% off $99 purchase code going for "today only". Dont know if itll work on the Metcon 2s until they go live, just wanted to give everyone a heads up to get a possible discount.
pictures on east bay shows the swoosh on the toe.  is this really how they look?

Code did work but it gave me an error first, had ordered already through Finish Line when it showed up.  It told me at first the incorrect amount but then it proceeded to give it to me.

They're live on Finish Line, Eastbay, so far right now.

Triple Blacks w/ Volt

Tried to use the code and it said the value of my purchase wasn't high enough.

TRIPLE BLACKS ORDER, PLUS A MILITARY DISCOUNT!!! Great to start the Monday, especially after running 3 1/2 miles in this damn wind today!!!

Also, did Eastbay change their website and check out process all together? No more free shipping?

Back
Top Bottom