NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

anyone having issues with their metcon2's delaminating near the toe box area where it flexes? I'm probably in 1 month of workouts on them and I noticed my right show is delaminating... good thing I held off on ordering some ID's.

anyone having issues with their metcon2's delaminating near the toe box area where it flexes? I'm probably in 1 month of workouts on them and I noticed my right show is delaminating... good thing I held off on ordering some ID's.
What color way is this happening to? Has been know to happen with the 2's.  The Purple dynasty AMPs were know to do this.  I have every color way and I have only had it happen to two different pairs, one was the purple dynasty CW with only  like 4 uses, and the other is the all black, but I beat those shoes to death wearing them every day to work. and is still isn't as bad as the AMP's.  

You can contact Nike and they should replace them by sending you a voucher, hopefully its a color they still have. 

Anyone have any idea where I can snag the strong as steel amp's? Size 9.5. Would be greatly appreciated.

It's starting to happen to my ID's.

Very frustrating, I've only put about a months worth of workouts on them too

I have the same issue with 2 of my CWs, my all blacks and all greys with the gum camo sole. The all blacks I do not mind because those are my daily users but the all greys I just wear every now and then and I just noticed them yesterday, truly pissed about those camos having issues.

Last edited:

What color way is this happening to? Has been know to happen with the 2's.  The Purple dynasty AMPs were know to do this.  I have every color way and I have only had it happen to two different pairs, one was the purple dynasty CW with only  like 4 uses, and the other is the all black, but I beat those shoes to death wearing them every day to work. and is still isn't as bad as the AMP's.  

You can contact Nike and they should replace them by sending you a voucher, hopefully its a color they still have. 

It's starting to happen to my ID's.

Very frustrating, I've only put about a months worth of workouts on them too
I have the same issue with 2 of my CWs, my all blacks and all greys with the gum camo sole. The all blacks I do not mind because those are my daily users but the all greys I just wear every now and then and I just noticed them yesterday, truly pissed about those camos having issues.
These are happening to my black/white pair. I can live with it, but I don't want it to spread, which I'm sure it will.

I guess I will contact Nike and see what they say. Thank you guys for the input.

I planned to reach out to Nike once I get back to the states. Hopefully I can still get the 2 CWs I currently have or maybe I will just ID 2 pair with the voucher I receive from them.

Seems like a design flaw, might keep happening regardless of colorway.

Probably going to cool off on the 2 and wait for some 3 colorways. Although I am anxiously awaiting the next wave.

I have the greys with the gum camo sole and have had no issues with them. They've been my abused and used pair too. Even took them camping to the lake and no problems. Maybe it's hit and miss.

Last edited:
I hope the 3s aren't too close to the lunar glide 7s with that back plastic piece. I'm not a fan of the look or the feel of the lunarglides due to the back plastic piece.

Kind of off topic, but it had been previously discussed.

Just saw on Anthony Pomponio's IG page, he definitely has new Nike lifters on.

If you look close enough, you can see a swoosh on the outer side of the toe box. Hopefully new Romaleos, if not these will be mine, oh yes.

Not really digging that heel changeup. Looks like one more thing to peel away like the toebox area on the 2s or the sole on the 1s.

A new color way has popped up.  @Iheartnikemetcons posted this shot on IG, they belong to a nike athlete. 

Last edited:
Didn't Nike mention that the metcon will follow the other trainers releasing pe nike school styles? Oregon,Texas etc

Not as far as I know.. I can understand that they would do one for the ducks but after seeing the Longhorns then I'd expect to see other Nike teams have something similar.

I can see Nike giving these out to schools on their roster. I just hope they put them up for sale. I'll double up.

those are nice. Wonder if there are OU Duck pairs of the 2s floating around
nerd.gif
There are. 

We got the 1's last year too but they never got sold to the public. They were nothing special. 

Track & Field got a nice care package for the national championships this past week, I think it included Metcon 2's and PE Jordan XIV's.

Football has been training in Metcon2's all spring/summer as well. 

...Sadly Hockey never gets anything. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom