NIKE PETITION FOR OLD SHAPE AND MOLDS - PLEASE SUPPORT!!

Hey everyone I am running a petition to ask Nike to go back to using the original shoe molds and shapes. I know this has been a major issue/concern for most collectors of certain models such as the Air Max 1 and Jordans. If you haven't done so already please sign the petition using the link below and support. Time for a change, a good change. Discussion is always welcome, I know some of you might joke about this but when a lot of people voice their opinions and concerns then sometimes good things come out of it.

https://www.change.org/p/nike-nike-bring-back-the-original-shape-and-molds

share and tweet it! Thanks NT fam!

I don't hate a lot of people.
Brendan Dunne is one of them tho.

No one in the shoe industry spends more time disguising sponsored content then that goof.

I wouldn't pump my fist he noticed your petition. He is absolutely thirsty for any content to put on that news page.

He's right there with kick genius at the top of the shoe scumbag pile.

No one in the shoe industry spends more time disguising sponsored content then that goof.

I wouldn't pump my fist he noticed your petition. He is absolutely thirsty for any content to put on that news page.

And half the crap he posts is incorrect any way. Dude does absolutely zero research on his topics. I used to call him out on his nonsense constantly when he was with SN.

Peace,
J

But he did shine some light on it and I gained a lot of sigs off it, so im thankful

So sad how Nike just ruined a classic. Look at that boxed up toe box raised so high, and wow the ugly blue sole 
sick.gif
mean.gif

lol "we need OG shape" is what you are saying but then buy the shoes anyways? and even if you arent buying them the general public is and Nike gives two poops about "sneaker collectors" and such, if you sold a product so well that you could change its appearance to cut corners and save money and they still sellout instantly would you pour more money into the shoes so that 1% of the population who buys to collect will be happy? nope i would keep pumping out trash until they didnt sell out anymore, so keep your petition and practice not buying them if you dont like them and wait it out, until then keep with the crying

lol "we need OG shape" is what you are saying but then buy the shoes anyways? and even if you arent buying them the general public is and Nike gives two poops about "sneaker collectors" and such, if you sold a product so well that you could change its appearance to cut corners and save money and they still sellout instantly would you pour more money into the shoes so that 1% of the population who buys to collect will be happy? nope i would keep pumping out trash until they didnt sell out anymore, so keep your petition and practice not buying them if you dont like them and wait it out, until then keep with the crying
people crying about Jordan quality, led to a change. I am almost at 1,000 signatures so obviously there are a lot of people who want this issue to be resolved. And no I do not buy the new models, I refuse to and will do so until they change them up. And if they never change them up then so be it, there will always be other brands. Nike is losing steam because of design right now, one quick way to bring back the people who went to Adidas is to refix their models and go back to their original shape that we all fell in love with. So please sign the petition bro. Thanks

I think the whole shape thing has happened for a number of reasons.
Even the remastered jb shoes didn't really concentrate on shape.

1. Lower quality material
2. More international buyers than before means switching to a more forgiving last.
3. Idiots complaining about creasing like it's a shoe defect.

If jb gave us a perfect shape on 4s the amount of real tears from new jack shoe heads over creasing would be biblical.
Jb knows this so does nike.

Made some similar posts 6 years back about the decline of the Air Max 95.

http://www.defynewyork.com/2010/02/...e-greatest-running-shoes-ever-the-air-max-95/

and here

http://www.defynewyork.com/2010/09/06/the-decline-of-the-nike-air-max-95-comet-red/

I believe its a mixed bag but is heavily influenced by cost. They have to be using the same lasts across multiple shoes. I also really can't understand why the toes curl up on so many shoes these days across the board (Nike, adidas, Reebok etc.) like their manufacturing these things at the north pole :lol:

I just don't buy much Nike anymore. Probably last 8 pairs of kicks have been non-Nike. It's frustrating though when something you once loved comes back around looking like it got ran thru by the football team.

I appreciate your efforts.

Nike doesn't get much of my money anymore.  Besides the Air Pressures (which were spot on compared to the OGs) I rarely go for new releases, cause the shapes are so bad.  There's a reason product from before 05' still fetches top dollar in the secondary/tertiary markets.  But every now and then I order a new release hoping for better, but am disappointed once I get them and end up return them.  Whatever the excuse, there is no justification for the shapes/molds/toe boxes they've been releasing over the past 10+ years.  Don't call the shoes retros if they are going to look so bad compared to the OGs.

And to the the naysayers and detractors, if people don't speak up nothing will ever change.  You may have given up and accepted things the way they are, but he hasn't.  Keep up the good work.

its not only about the toebox, i think they should re-make the rounded shape of the heel, the fatter air bubble, the longer tonge, and the shape, and the second most important thing... THE SWOOSH... just judge by yourself

nike-air-max-1-fb-sunset-on-foot-01.jpg

the upper one is released in 2015 and the one downside is from 2007

994118-klekt-nike-air-max-1-utt-grays-2005-preview.jpg

This OG shape issue isn't just Nike, I see it with even recent NB retros.

I like how sometimes Sneaker Freaker would do a feature comparing the OG with the retro it's really an eye opener.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom