Nike PG 1

planning on picking up the pacers colorway saturday.....anyone know why they went with the pink accents?

planning on picking up the pacers colorway saturday.....anyone know why they went with the pink accents?

I've seen 2 different explanations so far, both from Nike, I believe. One said it was to represent his favorite bait/lure he uses when he fishes, and the other said it was to represent his mom. If anyone has anything 100% official, please post.

Peace,
J

Last edited:
I've seen 2 different explanations so far, both from Nike, I believe. One said it was to represent his favorite bait he uses when he fishes, and the other said it was to represent his mom. If anyone has anything 100% official, please post.

Peace,
J

heard also his favorite bait

Ndc images
878627_417_E_PREM

878627_417_A_PREM

878627_417_C_PREM

878627_417_D_PREM

878627_417_B_PREM

View media item 2349146

Got the black pair Saturday at NTNY around 3p and they let me use the 30% off on them. Broke them out today and love them.

Definitely had to loosen them a bit to get them on and they fit super snug but are awesome. Knowing they don't make a 12.5, I'll stick to 12s on any future colorway.

I got a $10 off $50 for doing the Survery from my shining purchase from FTL, I might just use it on the navys.

I don't think it'll sell out but the price is low enough to begin with that a $10 discount makes it an easier decision.

I really look forward to seeing what an 'Elite' model of these looks like (if the 2Ks are not considered 'Elite').  Look forward to iDs as well.

Last edited:
So after wearing em casually for 6+ hours last night here's my thoughts:

***Disclaimer I do not ball and most of my exercise is simply walking, treadmill or biking. That said most of my shoes are softer than actual tech BBALL shoes and i'm flat and wide footed which leads me to lean towards runners and trainers. I've always gone TTS 11 with all my shoes even retro Js. The only shoe I did need to .5 size up were lebron 9s but I was also ok with TTS on those for the most part. Some C/Ws ran smaller oddly.***

Very snug fit but my normal shoes of choice are retro Js and runners (nike, adidas Puma, etc) so my wide foot is not used to these "basketball" tech type slim shoes. The last time my foot felt this bad upon initial try on were Lebron XIIs which i still barely wear due to lack of break in time i've given them. That upper tech material really gives you support and gets that snug fit really down but is murder on the foot width.

It's not an easy kick off slip on shoe in the slightest, at least not for me. I was scared to hold the tab in the back thinking it would tear if i pulled it hard because as i stated, your not gonna slide in this bad boy easily, so i slipped my foot in and wiggled till i could just slightly use the pull tab to get my heel in

So after taking em off after the first 10 minute wear i wore them again and drove to the mall for the movies. I had to kick them off while driving because they still hurt. Got to the mall and they felt better after putting them on. The bounce as I said before is real nice. Even just walking around the mall the response is amazing. They definitely didn't hurt while walking around although i could "feel" them on my feet. Walked around for an hour killing time before the movie. Sat down and while I thought i would need to kick them off I was able to wear them throughout the movie (2 hours) Towards the end my right foot began to feel the pressure again slightly however when I got up to leave it went away.

walked to the car and the pressure in my right foot continued but much less. It must have been both my foot getting adjusted and the shoe breaking in. The shoe hugs your foot but much better than my lebron 12 because of the liner that reminds me of Jordan 8s. went to dinner waited around standing for about an hour then sat for 45 minutes then drove home after a slight uphill walk to my car and while both my feet were feeling pressured it was noting unbearable. i won't lie and say my feet didn't feel better after kicking them off especially my right foot but it wasn't as bad as the LBJ 12s. I do have a recurring corn on my right pinky toe but this shoe affects more of the middle part of the foot then the toe area so i didn't get any irritation there

Tonight after work i will go try them on again and see how they feel now. Also note I was wearing regular crew socks not any BBALL socks or thin casual ones. I honestly can't imagine me rocking these with Nike Elites but I'd probably wear again with some Stance socks.

Overall for the casual wearer after the break in these should feel good and comfy while still feel snug and supportive. If you ball these feel really well. I will go in to try on .5 up and see if they fit better initially but for now I will say TTS until i try on the bigger size as far as comfort and ease of putting on.

Last edited:

Nailed the part where it's a muther to put on.

Also in regards to the strap, you do feel it tighten a bit when you un-velcro then velcro again. Not alot but just enough to feel something happen I didn't mess with the strap after i put them on initially and only did so when I noticed one was crooked. When i undid it I felt a slight loosening but as a stated nothing significant enough for it to lend itself as a performance point IMO.

with that being the case I don't see .5 size up making a comfort fitness, it's just going to come down to repeated wear and/or getting your foot used to it.

Definitely looking forward to future colors and based on price point this may finally be a first ID for me. Looking forward to hopefully making a nice GITD version. If the 2ks never release or they do that same BS like the leron's then i'll go for a MAG look similar to this ID here:

Last edited:
I was at the gym this afternoon shooting around in my "shining's" young kid literally bought them off my feet.

230$ after I hooped in them all weekend and my Nike was chipping away.

How could I say no? :lol:

Now, I will just get the Navy's and something else on his dime.

Yes, I loved the shoe. But I had to take that cash. :rofl:

I was at the gym this afternoon shooting around in my "shining's" young kid literally bought them off my feet.

How could I say no?
laugh.gif

Yes, I loved the shoe. But I had to take that cash.
roll.gif
That is incredible. Love the Pistons avatar by the way! I'm a season ticket holder.

That is incredible. Love the Pistons avatar by the way! I'm a season ticket holder.

As much as I like the shoe, I had too, my wife was there like....Is he serious? :lol:

A fellow Piston fan is always appreciated!!! :smokin

I will be there tomorrow to check out Dame Dolla. :lol:

How could I say no? :lol:

Yes, I loved the shoe. But I had to take that cash. :rofl:

You came up boi :evil: :pimp:

You got close to resell and they were used lmao

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom