Nike Prices Set to go up "Across The Board"

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/sectors/sport/nike-set-to-increase-prices/3024609.article
The sportswear company, which owns the Nike, Umbro and Converse brands, warned that the rising cost of cotton, oil and transportation will squeeze profit margins.

Nike’s chief financial officer Don Blair said in a conference call to analysts yesterday (18 March) that until now price increases had been in specific markets on particular product lines but from its next financial year prices would increase “across the board

That board in which they speak of has been slanted upwards for quite some time now. Probably before Mars was wondering if it really was the shoes.

"Friendly Reminder"
If we purchase products from the Nike family of brands, we are essentially voting that this "across the board" price increase is justified. Just as with the quality of retro products Nike put out sub par products and could not reasonably conclude that the market (me & you) had any issue with it because of the fact that products continued to fly off shelves.

well im almost done w everything. im not going to pay crazy retail prices that will equal even crazier resale prices

Originally Posted by drfunk1980

That board in which they speak of has been slanted upwards for quite some time now. Probably before Mars was wondering if it really was the shoes.

"Friendly Reminder"
If we purchase products from the Nike family of brands, we are essentially voting that this "across the board" price increase is justified. Just as with the quality of retro products Nike put out sub par products and could not reasonably conclude that the market (me & you) had any issue with it because of the fact that products continued to fly off shelves.
I get what you are saying, and you are right...

But Let's say every shoe goes up 10%... Then in 5 years 10-20 more %.  Do you really think they will be sustainable?

I.e. $174 LeBron's  would then be about $200+ (with tax) next year (if it's 10 % increase)... The LeBron 13s let's say it continues its normal upward trend would be between $220-$250 (with tax).. It is not sustainable unless wages sky rocket..

And look at the landscape for Nike/Jordan  the only things that fly off the shelves are exclusive limited sneakers, and certain GR's.. Tack on more price and that number becomes even less.. I.e. except for the XI's, and the white/cement III's most Jordan's have sit on the shelf for weeks if not a few months

eyes.gif
Great, Higher prices for lower quality crap, while cutting more corners 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Nike outlets are becoming pricey as well..when something's on clearance for $115, you know something's up...and they want to squeeze profit margin? After announcing half a billy in profit smh

Back
Top Bottom