Nike pulls " Boston Massacre " shirt from stores.

What are you shaking your head about?  That shirt has been around for at least a few years.  They now pulled them from stores.  Relax.

Edit: Nice edit to your original post.  Probably after you actually read the article.

Last edited:
It sucks, they're not related. It's the same situation with the Nike Air on the Bakins and the shirts that resembled arabic writing. It's a PR move if anything.

It sucks, they're not related. It's the same situation with the Nike Air on the Bakins and the shirts that resembled arabic writing. It's a PR move if anything.
Of course it's a public relations move, isn't that the nature of most business?  The public would not relate well to a seeing those shirts in the shops at this time.

Last edited:
I got a shirt outside Fenway in 2004 that looked a little like this except it said "Bukkake Matsui." Instead of blood drops in the block letters, it was, well you know...

They didn't let me step foot in the park wearing it :lol:

Even Red Sox fans gave me the :x face

ugh, the t-shirt is a couple years old AND it refers to the drubbing the BoSox got from the Yankees in Sept 1978 when the phrase was coined (in relation to the Yankees / Red Sox rivalry) . . .

I'm sorry but I think this is silly, we are getting to a place where we can't do anything without insulting people. I understand Nike is being proactive b/c some *** clown who never steeped foot in an athletic store and saw the shirt prior to 4/15/13 will end up seeing it soon and make a fuss. It's getting really stupid living in America today.

I'm sorry but I think this is silly, we are getting to a place where we can't do anything without insulting people. I understand Nike is being proactive b/c some *** clown who never steeped foot in an athletic store and saw the shirt prior to 4/15/13 will end up seeing it soon and make a fuss. It's getting really stupid living in America today.

Thank you! Even Red Sox fans know it's about the Red Sox.

ugh, the t-shirt is a couple years old AND it refers to the drubbing the BoSox got from the Yankees in Sept 1978 when the phrase was coined (in relation to the Yankees / Red Sox rivalry) . . .
to the more you know...

I guess I'd understand if they took them off the shelves at NIKES in Massachusetts for a little while (even though it wouldn't make much sense if they were there in the 1st place). A lot of things could be perceived as insensitive.

Should they stop producing copies of Blown Away also, a movie about a bomber terrorizing Boston?

View media item 379276

It's kinda stupid honestly tho if you all were in their position you would be doing the same **** :lol:

Imagine some clueless joe roaming into footlocker snapping a pic and uploading it to the social networks for all the "experts" on conspiracies to theorize about how nike foreshadowed the bombing or are making light of the situation, look at the family guy episode, **** would be a pr nightmare :rofl:

Last edited:
I got a shirt outside Fenway in 2004 that looked a little like this except it said "Bukkake Matsui." Instead of blood drops in the block letters, it was, well you know...

They didn't let me step foot in the park wearing it
laugh.gif

Even Red Sox fans gave me the
sick.gif
face
i need to see that shirt 
roll.gif

I guess I'd understand if they took them off the shelves at NIKES in Massachusetts for a little while (even though it wouldn't make much sense if they were there in the 1st place). A lot of things could be perceived as insensitive.

Should they stop producing copies of Blown Away also, a movie about a bomber terrorizing Boston?

View media item 379276

great flick

Back
Top Bottom