Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

i think it solves some of the complaints i've seen from the epics review

you sacrifice some weight for padding but that also means a more custom fit being able to lace them up easier and adjusting on the fly, it should have more give midfoot and it provides more rubber compound on the sole so it won't disintegrate so easily

of course I haven't tried either of them on and all are based on the reviews i've seen but sometimes the more simple design and materials the better

Who’s saying these disintegrate easily? I’ve worn my pair many times and you can’t even tell based on wear and tear. There are too many fake reviews out there giving out false info...

its very possible they just overnight them. Still plenty of time for them to get them to us by Thursday. I wont be mad either way.

Who’s saying these disintegrate easily?

almost all reviews i've seen says the soles don't last

you can see it on he's kicks and jacque slades vids and one dude just walked in them and the other had a handful of runs iirc

you can also see how soft the midsole is and it is in direct contact with the ground, i truly am not surprised

almost all reviews i've seen says the soles don't last

you can see it on he's kicks and jacque slades vids and one dude just walked in them and the other had a handful of runs iirc

you can also see how soft the midsole is and it is in direct contact with the ground, i truly am not surprised
Go back and read the last few pages. The edge of the sole doesn't have much tread on it new. It's not wearing away quickly. It was never there. It's laughable that the people doing the reviews don't realize that.

Go back and read the last few pages. The edge of the sole doesn't have much tread on it new. It's not wearing away quickly. It was never there. It's laughable that the people doing the reviews don't realize that.
Yep. They're just trying to be "influencers" and be the first with a big (fake) reveal

Yep. They're just trying to be "influencers" and be the first with a big (fake) reveal

Exactly. We need to stop the fake news! These reviewers are getting on my nerves. “Oh I walked in them once around my house and they are already worn down!” No idiot, they were made that way!

damn, that struck a nerve :lol:

two reviewers i chose are actually non-biased for the most part, they're not new and are looking for subs by being outlandish

it's an all-foam bottom shoe similar to vaporfly so this isn't a surprise to me, yall act like Nikes never done this before

I don't trust or take word of everyone who reviews shoes online, but there are a handful that's i'd take their considerations and opinions over most here who are worried about the foam bottoming out when they're going to wear this shoe casually (in comparison, this is a more valid concern if there looks like some fraying on some of the worn pics, minimal as they maybe running shoes usually last 500 miles in most circumstances especially when that shoe is being advertised as an all-around, everyday running shoe)

i've also seen some first run opinions on some of the running magazine reviewers and while those says they do not necessarily blame nike for the wear because it's dependent on the individulas stride, it was still an issue that could/should be pointed out nonetheless

E5938C72-B355-4AD8-9B63-D5654F9901FF.jpeg

damn, that struck a nerve :lol:

two reviewers i chose are actually non-biased for the most part, they're not new and are looking for subs by being outlandish

it's an all-foam bottom shoe similar to vaporfly so this isn't a surprise to me, yall act like Nikes never done this before

I don't trust or take word of everyone who reviews shoes online, but there are a handful that's i'd take their considerations and opinions over most here who are worried about the foam bottoming out when they're going to wear this shoe casually (in comparison, this is a more valid concern if there looks like some fraying on some of the worn pics, minimal as they maybe running shoes usually last 500 miles in most circumstances especially when that shoe is being advertised as an all-around, everyday running shoe)

i've also seen some first run opinions on some of the running magazine reviewers and while those says they do not necessarily blame nike for the wear because it's dependent on the individulas stride, it was still an issue that could/should be pointed out nonetheless
This isn't about opinion. It's an absolute fact that the edge of the soles have no tread on them straight out of the box. Anyone saying it's due to wear is just wrong. Bottom line. There's no other way to put it.

See:

epic-react-flyknit-mens-running-shoe-ZwTJE04z.jpg

When the soles get dirty, the outside gets dirtier so it looks like it's been worn flat, but in reality, the edges had very little tread to begin with.

This isn't about opinion. It's an absolute fact that the edge of the soles have no tread on them straight out of the box. Anyone saying it's due to wear is just wrong. Bottom line. There's no other way to put it.

See:

When the soles get dirty, the outside gets dirtier so it looks like it's been worn flat, but in reality, the edges had very little tread to begin with.

i've been trying to tell people this over and over but eventually gave up, people are so slow I swear. I recall one idiot on youtube wear em for like 20 minutes and he was like 'these have no durability because it shaved them down this much already"...i was like OMFG these guys I swear...

boost queens, really? Think the question of durability is a non starter rn, shoe hasn't even been out a month. Give it half a year and then let's discuss it

See:

I get that from the first time you said it, I can read for gods sake :lol:

but some of them have wears in the forefoot where the tread patterns thicker and while it's not worn down, there were some fraying, even the vaporfly has that whole part covered in harder rubber layer

but we'll see, to me, I would have preferred if nike extended that clear sole all the way to the midfoot, hell they did it for the Legend Reacts and would Nike really spend the extra $$$ for new mold for a rubber layer there if it wasn't necessary? maybe, maybe not?

and i've read reports that the whole sole or most of it was originally covered (or mostly) so did nike cheap out and didn't want the extra cost? did it weigh the shoe down too much? did it make the shoe too firm if the foam itself wasn't hitting the road directly? was that a sacrifice nike was willing to put up with? mayne of these will be answered soon enough so we'll see

again I only listen and quote those reviwers who had similar experience as me in the past and I trust but yall ain't trying to hear that :lol: we're just slow

but some of them have wears in the forefoot where the tread patterns thicker and while it's not worn down, there were some fraying, even the vaporfly has that whole part covered in harder rubber layer

but we'll see, to me, I would have preferred if nike extended that clear sole all the way to the midfoot, hell they did it for the Legend Reacts and would Nike really spend the extra $$$ for new mold for a rubber layer there if it wasn't necessary? maybe, maybe not?

and i've read reports that the whole sole or most of it was originally covered (or mostly) so did nike cheap out and didn't want the extra cost? did it weigh the shoe down too much? did it make the shoe too firm if the foam itself wasn't hitting the road directly? was that a sacrifice nike was willing to put up with? mayne of these will be answered soon enough so we'll see

again I only listen and quote those reviwers who had similar experience as me in the past and I trust but yall ain't trying to hear that :lol: we're just slow
You literally trust a youtuber telling you they wear quickly over your own eyes that clearly show that wear pattern is on a ds pair. That's hilarious.

As for it being covered, that was on the basketball models last year.

We aren’t just attacking you specifically. Just trying to dispel the rumors of these falling apart after the first wear. And your first post alluded to that when you said you saw people doing reviews and after walking in them, they would disintegrate relatively easy. Not exactly what you said but I’m not going to go back to word for word quote you. Anyone can go back and look

I’m sure there’s a reason for not extending the sole. Like you said, my guess is a flexibility issue. Maybe the glue wouldn’t stick to the react midsole too?

Anyways, I’d love to see these reviews you speak of that allude to the sole disintegrating. All I’ve seen are reviewers who claim the sole is already worn down, when actually they start that way (as we have now said a thousand times). I’d love to see these reviews as I’m curious since my pair isn’t like that at all

Whats all this sensitive talk about in this thread....sheesh. Buy shoes, wear shoes, repeat.

In here talkin about durability like they are a pair of Timberland boots. Its foam...done.

based on experience and how long those guys are doing, i'll take their word until i see it myself, yes

i bash those reviewers who seems mostly un-informed too and don't know their tech *cough*solebros*cough)

what's hilarious is how yall defend these brands like yall are paid more than the reviewers yall are accusing of getting paid :lol:

i love the vaporfly but i sh*t on the quality control on those all the time and that shoe helped me set my pr for the half

it provides more rubber compound on the sole so it won't disintegrate so easily

and this is what you're honing on? yah it's an exaggeration but you gon' take it that literally :lol: goddamn :rofl: i was going to say "melt like ice once it hits the pavement" but I guess that might have gotten me shot

and I didn't even specify that they are unwearable after a few steps in them, sheesh, just said some of the reviewers i've trusted said they wish it was better and damn, hang me if I put more trust on their words than others do :lol:

and i just answered when someone asked why the legends could be a better performer but it seemed like i insulted someone first born child

this is exactly why i don't go to the boost/yeezy threads and the like anymore, people says something negative (so people would know at least and keep an eye on it) and ya'll relentlessly put up your defense like it's the end of the shoe line :lol:

at the end of the day it's not that serious, buy them, you ain't got to convince others to do so too, if anything these issues being exaggerated allows yall to get the shoes easier and maybe even on sale at the outlets :lol:

I completely agree with the vaporfly’s. Durability is non-existent on those. I had to get rid of my pair way too quickly. These are no where near those. I’m still waiting for a link to those reviews. I seriously want to see them because all I’ve seen so far is a bunch of negativity about nothing. Again, not ripping on you, just dispelling the false rumors

yall gotta check out the vaporfly thread more then you wouldnt be jumping allover rfx

nike has the vaporfly at $250 but durability underneath is a concern.

granted its a racer but the bottoms get shredded quite fast

thats why you shouldnt be surprised if thesedont hold up for along time on the bottom considering the react foam is exposed for the most part of the shoe. they probablyshould have put a thin layer of rubber underneath as youcan see the legend react has a bit more

nobody is sayingtheydont look worn down out the box but a shoe with a non outsole is likely to wear down faster. thats just life

its not gonna stop me from buying tho

watch he's kicks review of him walking around at DisneyWorld and Jacque Slade actually running in them, Jamison Michael on YT also a runner that reviewed the shoes and he doesn't think it'll last too long because of how soft it is

and really if all they are worried about it's durability whether the foam is just too soft of they see some wears they don't like then to me that is a valid concern based on past experiences, it won't stop me from buying what I like but those are something to keep an eye on

i don't really watch any other reviewers outside of the ginger runner, none of those other fashion unboxing reviewers

here's a menshealth reviewer (and keep in mind I did say he doesn't blame it much on nike but mostly how he runs but that's also the issue with the vaporfly, it's perfectly fine if you're a forefoot striker:

But the bottoms of the soles are already showing some signs of wear on their outsides. That’s typical of most running shoes, for me, though, so you can’t hold that against the Epic React Flyknits too much.

via: https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/nike-epic-react-flyknit-review

if anything, the edges having little to no thread just make it slippery in certain surfaces which could be an issue in certain runs

but again, they put the toe and heel rubbers for durability purposes, if the foam is durable enough I am sure nike would just go without it to save them a few bucks

at the end of the day, it's the only main concern in an otherwise overall solid shoes and most seems impressed with the new foam so in that regard nike has succeeded with these

Back
Top Bottom