Nike tech challenge...Just do it Nike

To be honest, I was reasonably happy with the ATC 2 & 3 retros.  

I liked the ATC 2's, despite the complaints about the shape. 

Yeah, the ATC 3's used a different shade of sonic-yellow and didn't have the flaming ball, but at least (from what I can remember), the shape wasn't that far off. 

Would I have liked the proper yellow and flaming ball? Of course, but ultimately it was still good enough for me to make a purchase.

These Huaraches, however, are fundamentally different. You can't just use a different outsole and think that it's "ok" and that no one will notice. No-go for me.

^
that's why i can never give a compliment to an original pair of nike air's that are sole-swapped with a different model
at that point - it is no longer the same shoe

Last edited:
^ No, the Yeezy 2's used the outsole from the ATC 2's.  These used the outsole from the ATC 3's (slightly modified). 

nike-air-yeezy-2.jpg

nike-air-tech-challenge-triax-1.jpg

iii_yellow.jpg

^ No, the Yeezy 2's used the outsole from the ATC 2's.  These used the outsole from the ATC 3's (slightly modified). 

I know...I'm saying that they put that similar outsole to sell this shoe more. It's not exactly like the Yeezy 2 but you can see similarities which will help get some hypebeasts involved.

^ Got it... Man, I hope that wasn't their intention.  The more I look at that pic the more 
mean.gif
 I feel.  

And they don't really look like sample pics, which could mean, that's what we're gonna get. 

^ Got it... Man, I hope that wasn't their intention.  The more I look at that pic the more 
mean.gif

I feel.  

And they don't really look like sample pics, which could mean, that's what we're gonna get. 

I hope they fix the heel and make it at least gold the way it should be.

I know...I'm saying that they put that similar outsole to sell this shoe more. It's not exactly like the Yeezy 2 but you can see similarities which will help get some hypebeasts involved.

hypebeasts get involved in everything these days! :lol: but i'm excited for the possibiliy of some agassi retro gear...

Argh... are you &*#$ing kidding me!?

Getting lazy there by slapping the ATC 3 outsole there...
mad.gif

The shape is all off and WTH is with the colorways!?  

And Air Tech Challenge Huarache!? Do your homework! 

The OG Challenge Huarache had a sharper/narrower forefoot/toe area than the ATC 3.  By using the ATC 3 outsole, it looks like they've completely changed the shape vs the OG.  It appears they've also went with a pimple-lining on the Huarache which is odd. 

I guess that's why they called it the "Air Tech Challenge Huarache"... cuz of the ATC 3 outsole.  I dunno if this is a shoddy attempt at a hybrid or a shoddy attempt at a retro. 
ohwell.gif

Reposted for comparison.
View media item 422888

Alright, I know I shouldn't give Nike any ideas, but here's an idea I would pose if I was up in Beaverton... you gotta run the hype train to finance feeding the purists.

So, we know that the Yeezy 1, at least, was a sort of hybrid shoe. The Yeezy 2 also has elements borrowed from previous classics. So, here's what you do - you make a Yeezy inspiration pack. I'd suggest either of two ideas of doing this.

1. Just retro each shoe "sampled" in the Yeezy in each of the Yeezy CWs.

or

2. Release versions of those shoes in "white out" color blocking, and then make only the portion of that shoe that was borrowed in the Yeezy in color - make a white out/Yeezy CW for each model with each different yeezy CW as an accent.

Put them in some funky box or something and charge above normal retail for that shoe.

Now - that feeds the beasts and will get people to line up to buy the crap out of shoes like ATC 2s. So, since your return is guaranteed with the Yeezy theme, you can invest in getting the mold and stuff right. You've got your molds, so now churn out some high quality retros of OG colorways to satisfy the purists. ...The classic sell crack 364 days, give out turkeys on Thanksgiving model. Beasts happy. Nike happy. OGs happy.

...Next!

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again we definitely need a proper Tech Challenge III retro. Hell, we should have received a tech IV before these huaraches

I hope Nike retros some atc gear like this awesome jacket to go with the shoes
That would be beasted upon.

The hood speckles. Neon zippers , all the movement on the left side.....would be dope if it were any brand.
smokin.gif
Yeah, def a beasted jacket... 

You guys probably know this, but that jacket is not from the OG collection... just wanted to make sure everyone knew that.

Back then, they didn't combine patterns from different collections.  

Too loud for my liking though. Either go with the lava-splatter from the ATC 2 or the flames from the ATC 4.  

I finally just gave my retro from 2008? away - just never wore them and every time I opened the box I was disappointed at how bad they looked - hopefully we can get something better some time soon - would be amazing

Back
Top Bottom