NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

UGA Spring Games arrived today.

Upper is different. Has like a texturized rubber like on it.

The only eyelets that seem to do anything are topmost pair just to lock foot down. Fits like a sock otherwise.

Wonder how much collar will stretch out? A heel pull would've been appreciated.

I like them, just trying to decide if I $118 like them. I wish Nike would give us something other than Trainers and Metcons for NCAA pairs. I need cushioning and only for casual!
The DSX Repper they have for the NCAA colorways aren't too bad, in terms of cushion! They feel like a runner that was given firmer foam for lifting.

Did anyone else get their Spring Games in?

Wanted to see others assessment.

I ordered a pair from my connect. So I have yet to get mine in. But I went into a store that sells them locally and tried them on. They are super comfortable. Honestly they will hit outlets on deep discount. I only bought mine now cause I got them for a good price. I'll post up pics when I pic them up next week. I'll also post up my trainer collection.

I ordered a pair from my connect. So I have yet to get mine in. But I went into a store that sells them locally and tried them on. They are super comfortable. Honestly they will hit outlets on deep discount. I only bought mine now cause I got them for a good price. I'll post up pics when I pic them up next week. I'll also post up my trainer collection.
You'll have to update the avatar when you get them in then haha :wink: 

You'll have to update the avatar when you get them in then haha :wink: 

Yeah that pic is a couple years old! I think I'm about 17 pairs in. That's not including ones I got multiples of. I'm missing last years vapor trainer that seemed to be only a PE.

Did anyone else get their Spring Games in?

Wanted to see others assessment.

Got my UT pair in. Really nice model in person, and it helps that there's a burnt orange underlay that doesn't really show up in pictures. They're also a lot more comfortable then a lot of Nikes other trainers recently, which is always a plus.
View media item 2410565

After consideration, I think I'm going to return my pair. I like them alright, but not $118. Just not a fan of trainers or Free soles.

I'm a big guy and need cushioning.

May circle back once they go on clearance just for collection purposes.

I just got some finger trap TR's and I'm loving them.
Great cushioning and support.
For anyone interested they run really big. I recommend half size down.

8.14 Nike Free Trainer V7 Week Zero
8.15 Nike Air Zoom Fitness CLG

No pics yet.

EDIT: that Air Zoom Fitness seems to be a women's model.

Last edited:
Here's my trainer collection along with some pe's, id's, cleats, special packs, customs. All except 2 pair are my true size. These trainers were way harder to obtain when they first started. I have a few multiples that I didn't care to pull out.

View media item 2445317photo hosting

A few pe's

View media item 2445318free picture upload

Boom pack

View media item 2445319upload image

View media item 2445320picture share

A few cleats

View media item 2445321post images

A few id's

View media item 2445322upload gifs

And a custom...

View media item 2445323upload images free

View media item 2445325upload gambar

Still on the hunt for these in a 13-14

View media item 2445326photo share

It didn't look like it on the list I saw. Could be wrong though.

Smh. Well no ravens v7's for me then. >:

The v7 is comfy. Kinda interested to see what they plan to do for the uppers for week zero. The spring games were kinda lame. I feel like they'll be limited as to what they can do for the uppers. I can definitely see them incorporating some sort of 3m mesh underlay for flash.

Here's my trainer collection along with some pe's, id's, cleats, special packs, customs. All except 2 pair are my true size. These trainers were way harder to obtain when they first started. I have a few multiples that I didn't care to pull out.
Great collection, probably one of the best set of college trainers I've seen! 

Those red AF1's are pretty nice, are they from the recent ID pack they they put up on Nike? 

Great collection, probably one of the best set of college trainers I've seen! 
Those red AF1's are pretty nice, are they from the recent ID pack they they put up on Nike? 

Thank you! And yes the forces and dunks are both from the college iD offering this past March. I wasn't going to do any at first due to the lack of options. But I changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Uppers on both are butter soft! Quality is great overall. Should've did a mid dunk too.

Hopefully we see more iD offerings in the future. Maybe some air max iD's will be next! I'd jump on a few air max 1's, 90's, and 95's for sure! I did an air max 95 iD back in 06 with the osu colorblocking that turned out pretty dope. I'll have to look for them and post them up. I miss the old NIKEiD days when they gave you the slide out box with the dustcover shoe bag.

I might be in the minority here but I like that JB Trainer 2...Zoom in the forefoot it looks like. Price tag at $140 isn't very becoming though. Wait for them on discount.

Back
Top Bottom