Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I actually did itemize them all, with average stock x prices as the benchmark for replacement value estimation.

I think my friend figured out a way to use the stock x API to automate this into a spreadsheet if im not mistaken. I asked him to make something that identified the biggest deltas in asks/bids on GOAT vs STOCKX. I wanted to see if someone could make a living buying shoes on one platform (even at resell) and selling them on another for profit. Literally just functioning as the marketplace exchange.
I recently did the same through my renters insurance. I had about 25 pairs stolen out of my basement storage. I sent over receipts and StockX/GOAT prices to show the current value. I thought that the insurance company would take the average price of the two and reimburse at that number. Luckily, they went strictly off of the resell prices and cut the maximum check per my policy. It was a happy surprise.

I recently did the same through my renters insurance. I had about 25 pairs stolen out of my basement storage. I sent over receipts and StockX/GOAT prices to show the current value. I thought that the insurance company would take the average price of the two and reimburse at that number. Luckily, they went strictly off of the resell prices and cut the maximum check per my policy. It was a happy surprise.

What insurer?

My post was assuming that these both got the "full" releases, allowing prices to dip down into the $500 range.

Right now, the Off White black 97's are $622 and the AHE Blazers are $588 in my size (9). Those prices weren't the "bottom" either.

$622 + $588 = $1200
Uncs going for $1100
I'm a big fan of the J1 so I wouldn't make the trade if I was holding the UNC even if the value exceeded the other two.

edit: meant the other way around. If the value of the two were higher than the UNC. I'd still keep the J1

I'm a big fan of the J1 so I wouldn't make the trade if I was holding the UNC even if the value exceeded the other two.

edit: meant the other way around. If the value of the two were higher than the UNC. I'd still keep the J1

J1 not my size tho, or else I would have already worn them.

Makes a trade even less likely tho

what insurance company was this?

J1 not my size tho, or else I would have already worn them.

Makes a trade even less likely tho

You have my size, hook me up! I'll give you a pair I'm sure you'll adore - Michigan Jordan 12s. :D

If you were a 9.5 maybe we could work something out, my brother ordered a 9.5 today.

Last edited:

That's wild. Did you find out who stole them?? Was there a legit investigation done (I'm assuming no)?

That's wild. Did you find out who stole them?? Was there a legit investigation done (I'm assuming no)?
Never found out who but it had to be someone in the building. I had the police come and take a report but there were no security cameras (older building). The insurer just needed the police report, proof of ownership (receipts/bank statements), and info on the current value of the items. I only added the policy because it knocked down my car insurance by $40/month. It ended up being a blessing.

g7jkcFR.jpg

a little lace swap

i know i'm being a baby here but i cant believe the serena drop went like that today and all we can do is just accept it and move on lol
Happened to me plenty of times. There will be more off whites. Nothing you can do. If you really want them gotta pay resale unfortunately.

rough day for sneakers... Ls all around...

Sucks that people were waiting on this drop for so long and Nike completely drops the ball... They will never even address it... Just move on like it never happened... I mean... I guess there's nothing that they can really do at this point but still... It actually helps them in a way... More hype because these were harder to get... No one's going nowhere... Next drop will be the same ****

rough day for sneakers... Ls all around...

Sucks that people were waiting on this drop for so long and Nike completely drops the ball... They will never even address it... Just move on like it never happened... I mean... I guess there's nothing that they can really do at this point but still... It actually helps them in a way... More hype because these were harder to get... No one's going nowhere... Next drop will be the same ****

yeah man the wait for them was extremely annoying never knowing when/how they were going to drop. blazers are my favorite model theyve used for the off white collabs next to the 90s really wanted these but yeah i guess "on to the next" smh

Back
Top Bottom