nike zoom flight v request

has anyone ever played in zoom flight Vs before? i haven't seen any threads on em yet and i'm thinking of copping a pair so  i need a review on em

The zoom flight 5 is a great shoe for quick guards.

Fit: To me they fit true to size. I wear 11.5 in the shoes I play in and these fit great for 11.5.
The lacing system is staggered and really helps lock the upper down onto your foot.

Comfort: These shoes sort of feel like foamposite. The collar padding is nonexistent on the medial and lateral sidewall but it hugs your foot nicely. This cuts down on weight because of the minimal padding, lighter shoes are essential for quick players and point guards.

Cushioning: Full length zoom. You feel it throughout the foot strike. The responsiveness is great in this shoe. You can feel the zoom spring back. So for players who play on their toes this cushions your toes and gives them that spring back during hard slashes and cutting to the hoop. The phylon midsole is very firm and has grooves, but it still is not very good with impact protection. The heel cushion in these shoes was lacking. For a player who is always on their toes this won't be a problem, but for bigger players or post players, the heel cushioning will not be enough.

Traction: Another necessity to a quick player is the traction. The traction is really great for hard stops and sudden change of direction. Only thing i that it can feel slippery during low speeds because the rubber is not flexible and doesn't really provide much friction. This rubber is better for outdoor courts.
Heel-to toe transition is pretty good, the shoe is flexible while still retaining support. Except it is a little sloppy during hard cuts because the outsole doesn't curve up on the medial forefoot side, like on the Kobes, AJ 2012, and Jordan CP 5,

Support: Their is a very minimal internal heel counter. This allows for good lockdown while still allowing range of motion. These shoes really play like a low. They are track spikes built for basketball. Support only in the ares needed. The upper has many layer for support, protection, and durability. In the forefoot, the midsole wraps up in a few sections along the forefoot. This provides excellent lateral support for sudden changes of direction and quick cuts. The shoe doesn't look like it would provide ankle support but it does. The ankle support is better than most shoes today such as the kobe 7, kd 4, hyperdunk 2011. The upper is still synthetic leather and protected my ankle from rolling over yet didn't restrict movement.

The breathability is not the best in this shoe, it only dissipates heat from the inner sleeve, The sleeve is mesh but the lining and foam restrict airflow. However It never really bugged me. As long as there is some form of breathability no matter how small I'm fine with it. Thats just me personally because I my feet are always cold.

This shoe feels very light when playing and feels like a point guard shoe. I recommend them.

I would not recommend these for outdoor because I've never tried it. I have no experience of playing these outdoors but the rubber looks like it would hold up decently. The upper has many layers as well aiding in durability. the heels midsole section will bottom out so i'd suggest getting an insole with a heel embedded zoom and it'll work great.

Back
Top Bottom