Nike Zoom Hypercross Trainer

I went TTS and they fit perfectly. Wore these to the gym today and man they're comfy. If you're on the fence on these or can't decide whether to keep them, just give it some time for them to break in.

I love the look of these.

Anyone have comments on comfort vs the Lunar TR1? I had my ankle reconstructed ~2 years ago and up to this point, the cushion of Lunarlon has been the best to keep swelling down. I know the Hypercross will have less overall "give" than Lunarlon, just trying to gauge the level of support vs give.

I love the look of these.

Anyone have comments on comfort vs the Lunar TR1? I had my ankle reconstructed ~2 years ago and up to this point, the cushion of Lunarlon has been the best to keep swelling down. I know the Hypercross will have less overall "give" than Lunarlon, just trying to gauge the level of support vs give.

Dang man what'd you have? Post surgery I can't even wear dress shoes.

Update: Wore these to work for the first time. Was on my feet for more than 4 hours and my feet where hurting by the end of the day. I'm going to wear them a couple more times before I decide if they're going back or not...

Update: Wore these to work for the first time. Was on my feet for more than 4 hours and my feet where hurting by the end of the day. I'm going to wear them a couple more times before I decide if they're going back or not...
how do u wear them multiple times and then return them?? where you cop from?

Dang man what'd you have? Post surgery I can't even wear dress shoes.

Had about 10 years of unrepaired breaks and sprains from HS/NCAA football. Finally got out of grad school and got a job with good enough benefits to afford the surgeries I needed.

I was in the same boat as you with dress shoes. I highly suggest Cole Haan Lunargrands. They're the only dressy shoes I can make it more than 4 hours in now. Only problem is that some models hit my scar tissue awkwardly and I can't wear them (same thing with certain Jordan models i.e. XIV).

Those saying they're having discomfort with these: is the pain coming from the tightness of the upper or the lack of appropriate cushioning in the sole??

Had about 10 years of unrepaired breaks and sprains from HS/NCAA football. Finally got out of grad school and got a job with good enough benefits to afford the surgeries I needed.

I was in the same boat as you with dress shoes. I highly suggest Cole Haan Lunargrands. They're the only dressy shoes I can make it more than 4 hours in now. Only problem is that some models hit my scar tissue awkwardly and I can't wear them (same thing with certain Jordan models i.e. XIV).

Those saying they're having discomfort with these: is the pain coming from the tightness of the upper or the lack of appropriate cushioning in the sole??

Brutal man. I had a taler reconstruction/microfracture and I don't think I'm ever going to fully recover. Good looks on the cole haans, I'll have to check em out.

For me the discomfort comes from the zoom pods. These are great when you wear them for a short period of time because after a while the zoom pods start digging into the balls of my feet and make the shoe unwearable.

View media item 1252649

Wonder what the Lebron XII guys have to say.  Since pretty much the reviews for that shoe has been pretty positive and uses the same layout but has a zoom bag in the heel also.

Wonder what the Lebron XII guys have to say.  Since pretty much the reviews for that shoe has been pretty positive and uses the same layout but has a zoom bag in the heel also.

sounds like this is good cushioning in the forefoot but you don't really "feel" it like you did in the revis's and everybody is looking for that seems like. most have said the flexibility of the forefoot zoom being in pods has been good but also everybody likes the upper of the 12s and the hyper cross seems mediocre there.

Well when you're playing basketball, you're activating the zoom pods and not really just standing on them, so I'm sure they don't have the same complaints unless they are just wearing them out. But I wouldn't expect there to be any difference in discomfort when it comes to standing on the zoom pods for extended periods of time.

Mine came in today and I went with TTS ....

Go half size up.  Its super tight for me in the mid area, I'm sure if I keep on wearing them they might break in but as far as they are right now makes me really wish I went 10 vs 9.5.

As far as wearing the shoe goes, it isn't plush or truly comfy.  The zoom doesn't feel like its really activating at all but they do push against the bottom of your feet.  The out sole is pretty damn stiff out of the box so don't expect them to flex like a Free or Lebron XII's.  Not only that the heel area of the shoe is very stiff.  

Grip is pretty good as far as indoor and outdoor goes.  The sole feels like plastic to me vs rubber so we'll see how it works when its wet outside.

Build of the shoe?  Same fuse mesh like setting that pretty much all Nike shoes have been like.  

Buyers remorse, I would wait till they drop in price.  They look like any other generic Nike shoes unless you look under but how many times are you gonna do something like that?  Anyways so unless you like the silhouette of the shoe and a colorway you like, I would pass on these till outlet pricing.   

Mine came in today and I went with TTS ....

Go half size up.  Its super tight for me in the mid area, I'm sure if I keep on wearing them they might break in but as far as they are right now makes me really wish I went 10 vs 9.5.

As far as wearing the shoe goes, it isn't plush or truly comfy.  The zoom doesn't feel like its really activating at all but they do push against the bottom of your feet.  The out sole is pretty damn stiff out of the box so don't expect them to flex like a Free or Lebron XII's.  Not only that the heel area of the shoe is very stiff.  

Grip is pretty good as far as indoor and outdoor goes.  The sole feels like plastic to me vs rubber so we'll see how it works when its wet outside.

Build of the shoe?  Same fuse mesh like setting that pretty much all Nike shoes have been like.  

Buyers remorse, I would wait till they drop in price.  They look like any other generic Nike shoes unless you look under but how many times are you gonna do something like that?  Anyways so unless you like the silhouette of the shoe and a colorway you like, I would pass on these till outlet pricing.   
To be fair, most cross-trainers are stiffer shoes, meant for lateral movement as opposed to most just simple forward motion on most runners. But yeah, I'm waiting until these hit about 6-70 to grab a pair just to work out in.

To be fair, most cross-trainers are stiffer shoes, meant for lateral movement as opposed to most just simple forward motion on most runners. But yeah, I'm waiting until these hit about 6-70 to grab a pair just to work out in.
Reebok Nano's which are crossfit shoes feel far more 'loose' vs the likes of these.  Either ways these are super stiff and good choice waiting for the price drop.

Back
Top Bottom