Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 125 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 102 44.9%

• Total voters
A couple of thoughts:

1. I just find all of this so baffling. It seems to directly contradict all of the sentiments that were expressed by Kobe / Nike when the Protro line was introduced.

2. Given what we now know, isn't this basically the same cushioning set-up that the Kobe AD Exodus (or whatever the hell we're calling the latest Kobe ADs) has? ...Which retails for $140?

A couple of thoughts:

1. I just find all of this so baffling. It seems to directly contradict all of the sentiments that were expressed by Kobe / Nike when the Protro line was introduced.

2. Given what we now know, isn't this basically the same cushioning set-up that the Kobe AD Exodus (or whatever the hell we're calling the latest Kobe ADs) has? ...Which retails for $140?

Yep. People are pretty much paying a premium for the nostalgia.

My Kobe “Hoetro” 4s come in today! I’ll be returning them to my nearest footlocker lol

Nike really tried to play us with the “full length zoom” BS!

Can’t believe they said it was a “typo” and basically through it under the rug! :evil::evil::evil:

Naw that’s different and honestly if people still bought trash Jordan’s that’s their fault. Jordan’s “remastered” stuff was just admitting their previous stuff was complete trash. As a collector I don’t see how you can support that knowing they sold you intentional trash.

The Jordan catalog is way deeper than the Kobe catalog. If Jordan did their version of the Protro I think we'd have a different conversation. Remastered is basically a cosmetic program but raising price is the same principle.

Protro's, remasterd LMAO, apply common sense guys. All of yall are smarter then that. Kobe can't do stuff for yall. He's just a puppet like the rest of the other athletes.

Naw that’s different and honestly if people still bought trash Jordan’s that’s their fault. Jordan’s “remastered” stuff was just admitting their previous stuff was complete trash. As a collector I don’t see how you can support that knowing they sold you intentional trash.
It seems that even the newer stuff, ala the PG 2.5, are trash as well from the looks of last night.

Landed a new job that will help alleviate some unforeseen financial struggles that came over the last 3-4 months. I also got another (better) job in the pipeline that I'll take over this offer if I get it. Not trying to burn bridges but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes......anyways

Im Looking to celebrate with a kobe 4 purchase! As someone whose first nike kobe purchased was the kobe 5's I'm curious to see how the 4's are. Sad to see the kobe line get Duked on (pun intended lol) because as much as I love discounts I really want the brand to be successful enough to continue for years to come.

The Jordan catalog is way deeper than the Kobe catalog. If Jordan did their version of the Protro I think we'd have a different conversation. Remastered is basically a cosmetic program but raising price is the same principle.
People are being fooled through the performance discussion. There is even a lie that floats around about orthotics making a difference. Nobody pulled an orthotic from Zion's shoes last night after that incident. There is no real such thing as a performance shoe, or a shoe better suited for performance standards. Thabo Sefolosha disproves that myth. NIke and every one of these companies knows how a fan thinks and feels about their favorite player. The brands know that you are gullible enough to think that if you wear one of their so called performance shoes, that it will make you a better athlete. It's bull, and everyone knows it. The gym is where it happens. If Zion proved anything last night, it is that what many are claiming to be the best fit for so called performance, really isn't. It is a myth. If it weren't, Thabo should have had a Zion moment last year when he came back from rehab.

Last edited:
Sefolosha is the guy who plays in AM90s, right?
Yup.
USATSI_9932716.jpg

People are being fooled through the performance discussion. There is even a lie that floats around about orthotics making a difference. Nobody pulled an orthotic from Zion's shoes last night after that incident. There is no real such thing as a performance shoe, or a shoe better suited for performance standards. Thabo Sefolosha disproves that myth. NIke and every one of these companies knows how a fan thinks and feels about their favorite player. The brands know that you are gullible enough to think that if you wear one of their so called performance shoes, that it will make you a better athlete. It's bull, and everyone knows it. The gym is where it happens. If Zion proved anything last night, it is that what many are claiming to be the best fit for so called performance, really isn't. It is a myth. If it weren't, Thabo should have had a Zion moment last year when he came back from rehab.
You have valid points but just because Zion doesnt have orthotics doesnt mean it doesn't help.

AM90s are actually really good shoes especially comfort wise. they were technically a performance shoe back in the day

I actually played ball in mine a few times, was amazed

You have valid points but just because Zion doesnt have orthotics doesnt mean it doesn't help.
Inserts help with your gait, and that is what they were developed for, correct? People with skeletal imbalances, gait inconsistencies, compensatory issues do gain assistance from wearing inserts. What inserts do not do, is to make shoes better for performance. That's the misleading part.

How about no one is talking about the fact that ZION is a big dude, those PG2.5 aren't really designed for a 275 pound Power forward ... Those shoe's might not have been the best look for him to be doing those cuts in... He might need to play in solid big man shoes like Lebrons or Hyperdunks... He puts too much pressure on his shoes to be trying to play in PG's... Just saying

Im so disappointed as the Original Kobe Iv was such an innovative shoe at the time and an all time design classic. This whole fiasco and how Nike has treated it is such a disservice to the shoe and us.

This is the kind of stuff that has made me buy alternative brands (Anta KT line) for my last two basketball sneakers and I’m not coming back to Nike until they redeem themselves.

How about no one is talking about the fact that ZION is a big dude, those PG2.5 aren't really designed for a 275 pound Power forward ... Those shoe's might not have been the best look for him to be doing those cuts in... He might need to play in solid big man shoes like Lebrons or Hyperdunks... He puts too much pressure on his shoes to be trying to play in PG's... Just saying

So what you’re saying is shoes from now on need to have warning labels and stated weight restrictions before an individual considers purchasing?

Back
Top Bottom