Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
And when we complain this is what they do

They like now ya'll not getting ishh

Cold blooded lol
I mean looking at the dates of my draft days, they were produced between October and December and released 2 months later

It’s a possibility they could retool them but the chances of that happening are closed
to 0

Not to mention, Nike's really dropped the ball on the overall Kobe line. Kobe used to have some damn good apparel in terms of pants and jackets/hoodies. I used to buy a new hoodie every fall/winter when the line would update. Now there's basically zero apparel available at all. Weaksauce.

Same! Looks like Nike makes his Mamba Sports Academy gear which looks really good, but I can't find anywhere. Could be a contract dispute or something? So weird how many PE's there are and zero info on releases after that whole debacle. I still think they will throw the IV's on ID at some point.

Not much on my part. I’m not here hoarding shoes like I did in the past. More broke I was the more shoes I wanted. As a grown adult I spend less and less with this type of stuff. Nike doesn’t wow me I’m good with spending nothing. Nastolgia ain’t that strong

i hear ya, I'm not spending as much on nike as i was before. partly because i have a mortgage now and don't live under mommy+daddys roof.

I haven't bought a nike shoe in two months. I think the streak will continue for awhile

It is 2 more days to go and I am slowly loosing faith in any kind of release. There have been 0 news and the last time there were 0 news and something released out of the blue Basketball Sneaker wise was a long time ago. If nothing releases Saturday I might get the Draft Days! Found a shop that still has them for retail.

Never got OG 4s cuz I came into the game too late...all I want is a Laker cw I know everyone is upset about the full length zoom and rightfully so but as someone who never got the original experience I reaallly hope they release it on ID or more cw's

This thread went from "were not buying any of your protro 4s" to "why arent you releasing any more 4s" lol.

Lol I’m on the record saying I’d get at least one pair but I was ready to go in if they did them right
The way I've been looking at it is, yeah, the Zoom fiasco was a bad look, and the Protro version by definition should be better. However, it seems to me the Protro IV is no worse of a shoe than the OG IV. I know it has a phylon forefoot instead of lunar, but it seemed at the time IIRC that everyone griped about the lunar bottoming out quick. Anyway, if I go with the premise that these are as good of a shoe as the OGs, I then think: say they never started the Protro stuff and simply just retroed the IVs the way they always were. Would I have been mad about that? Nope. So other than the principle of the whole Zoom thing, I don't really care at this point. Certainly not nearly enough to let it impact my decision as to whether I'll buy a pair or not. That just depends on the upcoming colorways.

This thread went from "were not buying any of your protro 4s" to "why arent you releasing any more 4s" lol.
519252952565940227.png

I think if they were 140 as opposed to 175 there would be less complaints about the lack of tech. They are a VERY SLIGHT improvement over the OG IV but it doesn't justify the cost to me. I'd pay retail for some Del Sols though lol.

I think if they were 140 as opposed to 175 there would be less complaints about the lack of tech. They are a VERY SLIGHT improvement over the OG IV but it doesn't justify the cost to me. I'd pay retail for some Del Sols though lol.

True. The pricepoint is ridiculous for that BS. They advertised full length zoom for $175, but turns out there wasn't any full length zoom but they kept the same pricing. Nike shady as hell for that.

Some people still don't get it!:smh:
not only the protro IV does not carry anything new, but the price is 175!

just think about, if Apple brings back iPhone 4 or 5 next year, with everything original, but price at 1500$, 2000$, how many will buy it?

just think about, if Apple brings back iPhone 4 or 5 next year, with everything original, but price at 1500$, 2000$, how many will buy it?

Exactly. Might as well save $65 and go buy the PG3 for $110 instead. That has Zoom Air cushioning just like the Kobe VI Protro and is MUCH cheaper. As a matter of fact, you can go buy the Kobe 1 Protro for $120 and that has Full Length Zoom.

True. The pricepoint is ridiculous for that BS. They advertised full length zoom for $175, but turns out there wasn't any full length zoom but they kept the same pricing. Nike shady as hell for that.

Exactly. Might as well save $65 and go buy the PG3 for $110 instead. That has Zoom Air cushioning just like the Kobe VI Protro and is MUCH cheaper. As a matter of fact, you can go buy the Kobe 1 Protro for $120 and that has Full Length Zoom.
I wasn't defending Nike for the shenanigans, and yes, I get it. I'm merely pointing out that every other retro shoe is made arguably worse than the OGs, and had Nike simply retroed these like the OGs, no one or at least not many would be saying boo about it. Most people would be excited to have them again. Is the price too high? Maybe, but Protro or not, Nike isn't exactly in the business of not raising prices for a shoe that was last seen and priced 10 years ago. Look what they charge for retro Jordan IVs. Talk about no tech ...
Again, this is just an alternate way to look at these in the big picture, not an endorsement of what Nike did here.

I wasn't defending Nike for the shenanigans, and yes, I get it. I'm merely pointing out that every other retro shoe is made arguably worse than the OGs, and had Nike simply retroed these like the OGs, no one or at least not many would be saying boo about it. Most people would be excited to have them again. Is the price too high? Maybe, but Protro or not, Nike isn't exactly in the business of not raising prices for a shoe that was last seen and priced 10 years ago. Look what they charge for retro Jordan IVs. Talk about no tech ...
Again, this is just an alternate way to look at these in the big picture, not an endorsement of what Nike did here.

Can't compare the Kobe Protro release to the Jordan releases.
Jordan retros don't advertise them as being better tooling in any way. The Kobe "Protros" were advertised as an upgrade of the OGs. What is the upgrade with the Kobe VI protro? Does it justify the price hike to $175 while other sneakers with similar/way better tech are way cheaper? The Kobe 1 Protro had an upgrade, it was full length zoom AND you can get it for $120 now.

Can't compare the Kobe Protro release to the Jordan releases.
Jordan retros don't advertise them as being better tooling in any way. The Kobe "Protros" were advertised as an upgrade of the OGs. What is the upgrade with the Kobe VI protro? Does it justify the price hike to $175 while other sneakers with similar/way better tech are way cheaper? The Kobe 1 Protro had an upgrade, it was full length zoom AND you can get it for $120 now.
Man, again ... we're sort of talking about two different things in the context of what I said. I'm not trying to argue with anyone about it. Everyone is pissed at the marketing, and I get that. Anyway, the good news is this: just don't buy any of them. I don't know that I even will, either. I'm more concerned/anticipating the Vs next year. I'd be happy if they did nothing different to them except figure out a materials/construction method to stop the uppers and overlays from ripping/tearing. Nothing needs to be retooled or redone to that shoe other than that.
What I was getting at in my last post was, if you like Kobe IVs, and they had just retroed them without the Protro marketing--and charged $175 ... I'd just be curious to see how that would have gone down/been received here. I suspect there would have been griping about the price but basically all the Kobe shoe fans would still be buying them. Literally all I was observing.

Back
Top Bottom