Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Nike pulled the stock to regroup. It doesn't remotely need the revenue from however many Kobes it might have sold in the short term. The potential PR hit from continuing to sell them and resellers gouging people isn't even close to worth the headlines in today's landscape. Kobe revenue is a tenth of a drop of water in Nike's bank account, if that.
You can bet they will be back, and likely with charitable contributions from sales, as several of you guys have said. But it's going to be a minute while Nike and the family determine the next steps.
Preach

I think that Nike has been hit with a cease and desist in regard to the selling and marketing of his name and image. When someone of that sort of profile and business partnership dies, they will have to determine who will be able to own his name and his image. Marketing without the family's permission, without reorganizing the deal, could lead to major lawsuits.

I think that Nike has been hit with a cease and desist in regard to the selling and marketing of his name and image. When someone of that sort of profile and business partnership dies, they will have to determine who will be able to own his name and his image. Marketing without the family's permission, without reorganizing the deal, could lead to major lawsuits.
You don't think the contract would just transfer over to the estate? Also, I'm sure that Kobe had a will. It's definitely going to be interesting if we ever find out the details.

Nope, not if there were stipulations regarding royalties, and who was in charge of such.
Yeah, true unless he has that stipulated in his will but either way they would need a little time to find those things out. It's definitely a very good point. I'm very interested to see how this goes but I'm sure they will work something out.

Yeah, true unless he has that stipulated in his will but either way they would need a little time to find those things out. It's definitely a very good point. I'm very interested to see how this goes but I'm sure they will work something out.
Depends on how Vanessa feels as the executor. Then there is Bryant's mother and father. As soon as the unfortunate accident occurred, I am certain that Nike and Bryant lawyers were on the phones. This is the first time that any NBA player with a sig shoe has passed away, outside of Chuck Taylor, who wasn't a professional player at all.

In all likelihood, Kobe's agreement with Nike covered the possibility of his death. If that's the case, payments to Kobe would simply transfer over to his estate. All else, including release of new product, use of name and image, et al., may continue status quo.

rainking hit it best. Nike is regrouping to thoughtfully consider how to move forward with the line going forward. Though I think they probably do not have to consult with the Bryant family, they likely are consulting with the family because it is the right thing to do and smooths the path for a beneficial business relationship into the future.

Depends on how Vanessa feels as the executor. Then there is Bryant's mother and father. As soon as the unfortunate accident occurred, I am certain that Nike and Bryant lawyers were on the phones. This is the first time that any NBA player with a sig shoe has passed away, outside of Chuck Taylor, who wasn't a professional player at all.
Yeah, absolutely unprecedented

In all likelihood, Kobe's agreement with Nike covered the possibility of his death. If that's the case, payments to Kobe would simply transfer over to his estate. All else, including release of new product, use of name and image, et al., may continue status quo.

rainking hit it best. Nike is regrouping to thoughtfully consider how to move forward with the line going forward. Though I think they probably do not have to consult with the Bryant family, they likely are consulting with the family because it is the right thing to do and smooths the path for a beneficial business relationship into the future.
Yeah I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and he said the same thing. Huge corporation's contracts will cover everything including death regardless of if it's unprecedented or not.

Yeah I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and he said the same thing. Huge corporation's contracts will cover everything including death regardless of if it's unprecedented or not.

Yes, this. I don't know why you guys are making things up out of thin air about "cease and desist letters". NT looking like facebook right now with old men making things up and running with it smh.

Yes, this. I don't know why you guys are making things up out of thin air about "cease and desist letters". NT looking like facebook right now with old men making things up and running with it smh.
Nobody said anything as a fact. It's called a discussion.

Has anyone ordered any Mamba Academy gear? I got the email saying my order’s been placed, and they charged my card as well. How long does it take to actually ship?

Has anyone ordered any Mamba Academy gear? I got the email saying my order’s been placed, and they charged my card as well. How long does it take to actually ship?
I saw that someone posted that they actually ordered like a month before he died and he was still waiting.

It's nice that Nike has pulled all merch? Better to regroup with the family, walk through the will, contracts etc. and move in a way forward that supports the families as the priority. We know Nike will make $$$ from Kobe's regardless, but that's the least important thing here.

I'm unsure if this is an unprecedented event Nike is dealing with and if it is, it'll be interesting to see how they react from a PR and BCP planning POV. As someone in the advertising industry, these sorts of things can really go south if not thought-out properly, it's got to be A-Z. However, I'd assume Nike have some of the best internal PR/BCP talent in the world.

Let's watch this space.

Posted it before but it depends on if the Mamba Academy stuff is in stock...If it’s back ordered then the wait could be a while...I’ve waited around a month for an order before...

My first order took about a month...When I wrote Eastbay asking about it they said, for out of stock items, they wait until they get a bunch of orders before they make a production run of the product...As somebody said before since they are probably getting hit with a bunch of orders then the back order wait probably won’t be that long...

Haven’t got a shipping confirmation yet. Ordered a hat, tshirt and hoodie. I don’t care honestly when they deliver it, just as long as they delivered it.

I also bought the KB patch that imma get sewed on the hoodie

I got a back order email already so it’s wait it out time for me anyway at this point...

Also speaking of the patches...I just got shipping on the two I ordered...

I got the back order e-mail too initially, but mine said that if it was an eastbay team sale, ignore the fact that it said backordered... I think all of these items default to backordered because they're made to order and don't keep stock - thus by eastbay definition "backordered" because they're pending creation

Capture.PNG

I got the back order e-mail too initially, but mine said that if it was an eastbay team sale, ignore the fact that it said backordered... I think all of these items default to backordered because they're made to order and don't keep stock - thus by eastbay definition "backordered" because they're pending creation

Capture.PNG
That's much better than the M&N rookie jersey.that I ordered from Fanatics. They're saying that it should go out July 24th LMAO

Back
Top Bottom