Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

6D7BF080-6B81-4C07-B4D4-E5485E74142E.jpeg
I got the SI, ESPN, and LA Times editions. What are the other two? Who made them?

Well, let me say it like this- I like zoom, in conjunction with foam. Im personally a fan of the original zoom setup in the 5, with the small met bag in the front and the zoom bag in the back, encapsulated in a foam midsole. Lets the zoom bag expand and contract so to speak and the foam also absorbs impact.

Now I have yet to play in the Kobe V Protro, but if its anything like the front zoom of the Kyrie 5 (which I despised), then i wont like it.

But we all have different body types, body mechanics, etc. Still hoping I like to hoop in this protro.

Just to clarify my post, there’s nothing WRONG with any of the Protros...if I felt that way I wouldn’t have bought not continue to wear them. IMO they’re in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to cushioning. Posted my rotation in other threads but some days I wear light weight, responsive medium cushioned shoes like the protros and other days I’ll throw on something with a little more support and beefier impact protection like a Lebron or Boost based shoe.

For the record I’m over 40 and I’m in great shape...I normally play 3X a week full court, at least 1 leavue, can still dunk, etc. Part of what allows me to keep playing is knowing my body and when I’m feeling a certain way figuring out what I need to do in order to push through and keep going

I got the SI, ESPN, and LA Times editions. What are the other two? Who made them?
One is from something called Centennial Media and one from Lindy Sports Annuals. Never heard of either before. My girl found all five in one spot at Costco, of all places.

Tried salvaging my friends Delsol that he was gonna throw out. Sole and heel clip already fell off and the leather on the tongue was crumbling. Was able to fix everything, but the outer material of the toe box kinda peeled off from the inside layer if that makes sense.
(So its kinda wrinkly)
IMG_20200208_191926~2.jpg

Gonna try to remove the yellowing tomorrow and call it a day.

Is there a link for the LA Times book? Time Magazine also has a Kobe issue hitting stands on Feb 10th as well. Are there any other commemorative issues out there other than these in the picture and the Time Magazine yet to hit stands?

Kobes have never had great cushioning.

I prefer Lebron’s and KDs in that regard.

One thing from Kobe is that he said is, it is not playing that bothers you it is getting up the next morning. Once his shoes went to lunar and react, I was done with his line as far as hooping shoes. If I ever had any question how hard I played the day before wearing a pair of Kobe's would always let me know the next morning.

Is there a link for the LA Times book? Time Magazine also has a Kobe issue hitting stands on Feb 10th as well. Are there any other commemorative issues out there other than these in the picture and the Time Magazine yet to hit stands?

One thing from Kobe is that he said is, it is not playing that bothers you it is getting up the next morning. Once his shoes went to lunar and react, I was done with his line as far as hooping shoes. If I ever had any question how hard I played the day before wearing a pair of Kobe's would always let me know the next morning.

I liked the Kobe AD Mid for cushioning; It’s kinda like a beefed up Kobe IV with a cheap upper.

Back
Top Bottom