Nike's new RSVP process

Yeah, there is definitely some shadiness with this and in store raffles for employees.
mean.gif
yeah I had a terrible experience trying to signup for a raffle for the 13's that released a few weeks ago.  I went up to footlocker and the workers told me that the raffle was over.  My wife called up there 30 mins later and they told her to come in and get a raffle ticket. 
sick.gif
**** had me heated after the 2 workers started to talk **** about me to other customers.  They called me a loser because I came up their to get a raffle ticket and I got pissed when they told me they were done with the raffle and I told them well I had just called up here 30 minutes ago and the girl working told me to come up and sign up. They told me I was lying. smh  So for me getting mad about that they started talking **** to the people in line behind me.  smh I caught myself right before I hit the worker  They called security on me and everything.  lol I don't have time to be playing kid games.  It's bad enough I have to make a extra trip to the mall to enter a raffle that I have a 25% chance of winning.  Then to be f**ked with like that lol wasting time and money on a blank mission. 
mean.gif

http://
easier just to pay extra $50-100 from a mom and pop if u really want the sneaker. Try the rsvp and if u lose than pay. 100 Bucks is not tht much in the USA nowadays

I believe what was posted in the bred 11 aftermath page, if nike was to mass produce the kicks 1M was hypothetical number used, it would kill off the resellers, law of economics kix supply would almost meet demand, well at least come closer than what we've been dealing with the past 2-3 years(seems like its gotten way more hectic within this timeframe IMO). But not everyone has 50-100 extra to pay for some kix, just leave me a sz 14!!

^ Damn that's crazy. It's hearing stuff like that combined with my own experiences really make me want to leave shoes alone for a long while if not for good.

<
nerd.gif
wowza, sitting back eating popcorn, and watching DAT *****..an. Ne1 remember what movie that line is from?
House party 3............CLASSIC!!!!! (Yo name FUNKY....YO my name STINKY........STINKY......FUNKY.... SMELL HELLA BAD ITS ALL DA SAME!!!!) (If thats Cajun...... Im Caucasian)

Yeah, there is definitely some shadiness with this and in store raffles for employees.
mean.gif
Nike Stores aren't the same as Footlocker stores, so stop comparing them.

I think a lot of actually talk about what you don't know when it comes to Nike stores as well. The head managers are the only ones that know the hashtag, and they don't just walk around telling employees the hashtag and what time they're going to tweet. The employees have to try to RSVP just like people that don't work for the company. Seriously too many just talk out of their ***.

My post on the first page was about Niketown, Dallas specifically. And straight from one of the 2 managers that tweets the message out. I was just passing through waiting on a flight so he spilled the beans for really no good reason other than conversation. The employees rarely ever got any of the shoes because as you said, they weren't given that info. But the employees that were personal friends of the manager doing the tweet, and other outside personal friends and family were given the info and some just got it to get multiples for him, so that it wouldn't look suspicious. That's how NT Dallas does it based off of my conversation, and if that has been fixed than even better. What is needed is what Nike Portland uses. An Automated system that sends the tweet and then immediately sends the DM back to the quickest responders, no human interference involved.

My post on the first page was about Niketown, Dallas specifically. And straight from one of the 2 managers that tweets the message out. I was just passing through waiting on a flight so he spilled the beans for really no good reason other than conversation. The employees rarely ever got any of the shoes because as you said, they weren't given that info. But the employees that were personal friends of the manager doing the tweet, and other outside personal friends and family were given the info and some just got it to get multiples for him, so that it wouldn't look suspicious. That's how NT Dallas does it based off of my conversation, and if that has been fixed than even better. What is needed is what Nike Portland uses. An Automated system that sends the tweet and then immediately sends the DM back to the quickest responders, no human interference involved.
I like the idea about the automated system that Portland uses.  The question is can they make it so a bot wouldn't work on the rsvp process? 

I hate it.  I never got through until I got a bot.  
Sucks that it's like that but maybe the new RSVP process will help. I work at a niketown and people always come in upset about RSVP. I got through myself a few times but other times no dice. I still think it's a good way to prevent bs like first come first serve

Sucks that it's like that but maybe the new RSVP process will help. I work at a niketown and people always come in upset about RSVP. I got through myself a few times but other times no dice. I still think it's a good way to prevent bs like first come first serve
I think first come first serve is better because we can actually see who is a head of us in line. Look if a guy shows up a hour or two before me or even a day or 2 I can live with that.  He or she was more dedicated then me. That's fine with me because they put the work in to get them.

Unless every Niketown went to an automated system like what Portland has in place for the rsvp  there's always gonna be shady workers holding pairs for friends, family, and themselves to wear and to resell.    I hate the raffles too.   Unless they give us the option to be present when they are drawing tickets I don't trust that system either.  lol It's to easy for the workers to just give out the shoes to their friends and act like they drew their tickets during the raffle. With all the money that can be made in the reseller game nowadays you know they are all doing it.  

Nike could change things to make it more transparent for us the consumer but they don't.  I think they don't care.  I think they like how it is now so they can justify raising prices every year as the quality goes down.  smh  It's all about  supply and demand. They could make more of the product but they don't. If they don't have people overpaying to get their product once it's sold out they  feel like the demand for their product is going down. The higher demand the more they can charge.   As long as there shareholders are happy they are happy. 

Last edited:
I think first come first serve is better because we can actually see who is a head of us in line. Look if a guy shows up a hour or two before me or even a day or 2 I can live with that.  He or she was more dedicated then me. That's fine with me because they put the work in to get them.

Unless every Niketown went to an automated system like what Portland has in place for the rsvp  there's always gonna be shady workers holding pairs for friends, family, and themselves to wear and to resell.    I hate the raffles too.   Unless they give us the option to be present when they are drawing tickets I don't trust that system either.  lol It's to easy for the workers to just give out the shoes to their friends and act like they drew their tickets during the raffle. With all the money that can be made in the reseller game nowadays you know they are all doing it.  

Nike could change things to make it more transparent for us the consumer but they don't.  I think they don't care.  I think they like how it is now so they can justify raising prices every year as the quality goes down.  smh  It's all about  supply and demand. They could make more of the product but they don't. If they don't have people overpaying to get their product once it's sold out they  feel like the demand for their product is going down. The higher demand the more they can charge.   As long as there shareholders are happy they are happy. 

It doesn't really matter which system they put in place. Employees holding pairs for friends and family have been around way before the rsvp and raffle system was put in place... It's not really going to solve that issue... The Hypebeast was also who to blame for the RSVP and raffle systems. People are getting hurt, stabbed, shot, multiple fights breaking out during camp outs. RSVP and Raffle was put in place to keep people safe.

I am not too thrilled about this. Lord knows it was very tough to cop before the BOTS. Now, it will be that much harder. 

Personally, I hope Chronos creates another program. 

Sitting on lines to freeze your butt of and deal with a crew of losers pushing their way to the front of a line is what FCFS is all about. 

I aint got no time for dat, I rather pay an extra $10-$25 and keep it pushin'.

Then again, I can just call my connect, and have her hold a pair down for me during certain releases. Sucks for all the FCFS dudes camping out, because they will be SOL. 

No matter what Nike does, there will ALWAYS be some ******* going on. 

Where can one acquire this 'bot' you speak of?

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter which system they put in place. Employees holding pairs for friends and family have been around way before the rsvp and raffle system was put in place... It's not really going to solve that issue... The Hypebeast was also who to blame for the RSVP and raffle systems. People are getting hurt, stabbed, shot, multiple fights breaking out during camp outs. RSVP and Raffle was put in place to keep people safe.
What the RSVP does is make crowd control better and eliminates safety issues. Also deletes the chance of employees holding pairs. People forget at least at Nike there's a close w all launch shoes in it. Employees can't even get in w out manager spot so they def can't hold pairs for anyone

Just curious, you have more info on how the new process works at Nike Portland? Reading their info page on the new process I don't really see anything that indicates it is automated. Still seems like it could be the same process as it currently is, but instead of a hashtag they are just including an image.

3 pages in and i dont see dashoefreak bragging. I wonder why? Now the nexr complaint would be towards niketown employees. On to the minumin wage workers!

its like a bitter sweet feeling seeing nike do something about the bots but then again its still going to be rigged some how
smokin.gif

i'm happy about this because cats are tryna upcharge $100 for bots someone else created (original intention of helping, not making $$).....karma is a beautiful thing and glad to see the greedy **** on!!

Just curious, you have more info on how the new process works at Nike Portland? Reading their info page on the new process I don't really see anything that indicates it is automated. Still seems like it could be the same process as it currently is, but instead of a hashtag they are just including an image.

You can tell its automated because DM's are sent back within the minute after RSVP is closed. Same goes for NT Seattle

Back
Top Bottom