NikeTalk Census 2011

Background:

The first NikeTalk census was conducted in 2009 and asked the question "Who is NikeTalk?"  With the gracious help of both moderators and the community, the survey was a marked success and provided a great deal of information about the users of NikeTalk.  It's been two years since this voluntary census was conducted and after some discussion it seems appropriate to carry out a second census, both to refine information collected previously as well as to examine how the NikeTalk community has changed in in the past two years.  

NikeTalk Census 2011:

A link to the 2011 NikeTalk Census will be posted on Sunday, July 31.  The survey will remain open for two weeks.  Many of the questions will seem like standard demographic information and some will be more specific to the NikeTalk community.  One notable change from the 2009 Census is that you will be asked to supply a working email address.  Your email address will never be given to anyone else and it will ONLY be used to contact you if your answers seem unlikely.  (For example, a 16 year-old with 9 children who makes $500,000/year and lives in Antarctica might be contacted simply to verify that, yes, this really is true.)  Otherwise, your email address will never be revealed to anyone and will never be used for any purpose. 

Some time after the survey is closed, I will post a final report of all the collected data.  I look forward to sharing the results and I will do so as soon as possible.  Please be patient and recognize that I am a person with professional and personal responsibilities.

Privacy/Disclaimer:

Following the 2009 NikeTalk Census I was contacted more than once by parties asking me to share the raw data that was collected on NikeTalk users.  It was never shared, nor will any information be shared form the 2011 survey.  My rationale was then and remains:

1.  I am doing this simply because I am curious.
2.  I have no business or professional interest that would benefit from the data collected.

3.  I am doing this on my personal time.

4.  I am paying for the census.

5.  The information is collected voluntarily and in good faith with the goal of better understanding ourselves and the NikeTalk community. 

Therefore, I do not feel compelled to share the raw data with people who may attempt to utilize information for profit or to create shortcuts for their own work and I see little that can be gained from sharing the information even with people who are simply curious.  Please don't ask.  The answer will be "no".

Participation:

In order to best allow the results to accurately reflect the realities of the NikeTalk community, I ask two things of you.
1.  Please fill out the survey only once.  Filling it out more than once helps nothing.

2.  Please be honest and accurate when responding.  If you've got nothing better to do than give fictional answers to a voluntary survey, email me and I'll give you a list of better things to do.

If you have any questions or ideas for the 2011 census, this is the place to discuss them.  Thank you all very much for your time and participation!

i'm in...

but where it at?

oh yeah... might want to get the moderators to sticky this up top...

and allow it to be mentioned in other threads.

so we can get some real numbers, cuz there are plenty of people that dont venture away from other threads.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anybody know how many ACTIVE members are on NT currently? say, those who have posted within the past month? it would be interesting to see what percentage of those people actually fill out the census survey.

Back
Top Bottom