Votes: 1 100.0%
  • White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asian

• Hispanic/Latino

• Total voters
Apparently I can't edit the poll? If someone knows how I'll do it but only option it gives is to remove the poll entirely.

Remove it, then add it again.

You definitely need to add pacific islands.

What an epic fail

Maybe a mod can fix the poll without removing the current results

Yeah Latino instead of Hispanic.

Also Arab/ Middle Eastern should be one, along with East Indian Pakistani

Pacific Islander and maybe a Mixed category

Like is someone momma is Black and white and their dad is Latino I can them being like Mixed is the best way to describe alll that :lol:

In South Africa they have a mixed raced population that is mixed with black white, and Inidan but those happened so long back they just are considered Colored ( their term not mine) but they can range from looking light skin black to white skin with African features to Indian with afros :lol: I met a ton when I visited Kenya and know a few here in Dubai and it's crazy interesting. They don't consider themselves white and most feel their social standing in the country is associated with blacks. Like you'll find just as many mixed in the hood as everyone else.

Also Arab/ Middle Eastern should be one

This. Every form i ever filled out that asked race has us under white. I never felt like i was a white guy, just middle eastern. I never had a white person look at me and say "that white guy over there". It was always "that arab guy" or "that middle eastern guy"

This. Every form i ever filled out that asked race has us under white. I never felt like i was a white guy, just middle eastern. I never had a white person look at me and say "that white guy over there". It was always "that arab guy" or "that middle eastern guy"

There are tons of middles eastern groups who keep lobbying to have changed, their argument being that y'all put down white and get none of the benefits :lol:

But it's true though, arabs are some of the most persecuted groups in America ( trumps travel ban being a reminder) yet though dont receive any recognition by the government for that. Arabs have a difficult time getting work based solely off their names and face harassment from police and the general population depending on the community, but can't nit apply to any programs to help counter act those problems based on their racial status in the census.

You should be able to pick more than one.

Especially for my non self-hating Latinos in here.    

Race and ethnicity are two completely different things. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom